Rightmove Reviews

Updated 6 May 2021

3.9
Rightmove CEO Peter Brooks-Johnson (no image)
Peter Brooks-Johnson
Pros
  • "Nice people, team ethic, nice bonuses, two parties a year, positive spirit(in 11 reviews)

• "Great Pay Great management Great People(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "my role as AM did not have the best work/life balance for me personally, other jobs within the company are a different story e(in 11 reviews)

• "A lot of great people left after changes by newly hired senior management(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "A modern company in an old industry, great perks and always moving forward."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England

I have been working at Rightmove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Genuine career development Every member of the company is approachable from directors to managers Great location and flexibility Great benefits I left due to relocating, but soon realised how far behind Rightmove other companies are from a systems, tools, infrastructure and support aspect, also to try to find the same salary for similar roles was extremely challenging. I was welcomed back to the company with open arms when a relevant role was available in my new area.

Cons

once upon a time it felt very much if your face fits you progress, however over the past few years as a company they have focused much more on your skill set, how you conduct yourself and your willingness to learn, not if you shout the loudest about how fantastic you are.

2. COVID-19

"A brilliant company - especially if you enjoy stepping up to new challenges!"

Current Employee - Platforms Engineer in London, England, England

I have been working at Rightmove full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the most visited websites in the UK, but with a relatively small product development team (for the size of the website!). This means if you step up and take the opportunities that are offered to you, you can have a lot of impact which is extremely rewarding. Personally I have helped design, architect, build, deploy and monitor features on the site which are used by millions of people daily! The company rewards you for being inquisitive by giving you the opportunity to try different things which might not be part of your job role. Sociable company with a lovely office in central soho. I love taking a break and playing some pool while running new ideas or complex problems past colleagues. As a whole I was very impressed with how the company handled the pandemic crisis and I felt like management and HR truly did care about all the employees.

Cons

Some teams are under a lot of pressure with low numbers of engineers but with high work load (new projects and also already existing systems to support). This is somewhat down to the ambitious nature of the company - constantly wanting to innovate which is exciting but can feel like you're a bit low on engineer numbers.

"Disappointing and disheartening"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Nottingham, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rightmove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The base salary is relatively good for this industry. Really friendly staff, good work relationships. Good sales training. The proposition is strong as a market leader.

Cons

Management... it is all about selling and not much else. Limited support to staff during Covid. People don’t pass probation easily, limited support if face doesn’t fit company. So turnover of staff is highest I have ever seen. OTE doesn’t match up, you can hit target but earn under OTE. That doesn’t make sense. It states uncapped but not the case in certain areas. Good account managers have left due to being overworked, no career development opportunities and constant price hikes. It could be so much better with more love and care towards employees, account managers feel replaceable.

"This company care"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jedburgh, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at Rightmove full-time

Pros

They care about their employees, and customers. They are the best at what they do - market leading. They listen to their employees, making changes to processes and systems if the workforce has highlighted something getting in the way of employees doing their role effectively, and changes reflective of the current industry measures. In a field based role, the perks you would expect such as a company car (good choice and quality cars). Really high quality recruitment and induction process with regular contact to review your satisfaction in your role. Plenty opportunities for career progression and development.

Cons

I don't have any as yet. This is the happiest I have ever been in a job

"Great place to develop technical understanding and modern practices"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in London, England, England

I have been working at Rightmove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

QA community that shares and discusses approaches. Strong shift left approach to testing with collaboration with developers through the whole development life cycle. Large and complex architecture is a great challenge. Adapted really well to working from home and looking forward to split office - home working when we get the office open again.

Cons

You have to split your time between working on the legacy and the newer applications.

6. "Brilliant place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, England

I have been working at Rightmove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company really care about their employees Lots of great benefits like PMI & shares Fantastic leadership team

Cons

None it’s a great place to work

7. "Great opportunities, you need are rewarded for hard work and really looked after."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England

I have been working at Rightmove full-time

Pros

Really cares for its people.

Cons

Takes time to learn the systems.

Continue reading
  8. "Rightmove is a great company!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England

I have been working at Rightmove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing values, great product and great senior team.

Cons

Pay is on the lower side.

"Old fashioned mentality"

2.0
    Current Employee - Principal Designer in London, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rightmove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary is higher than average

Cons

Old fashioned, slow paced, not user led, not very flexible and fragmented

"Fine. Could do more to promote diversity"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England, England

I have been working at Rightmove full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good central location. Nice, collaborative company culture

Cons

Difficult career progression: already many big fishes in this small pond

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews