Ringle Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2022

Found 74 of over 121 reviews

4.3
Pros
  • "As others have said, flexible hours (with no minimum work load which is great for me as I often vary depending on my capacity that week)(in 10 reviews)

• "Community of tutors is really sweet and engaging(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Instructions for tutors sometimes vague(in 18 reviews)

• "They also expect you to work unpaid to "properly" prepare for the lesson- or you will face penalties(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Teachers

179.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Ringle~1157684
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great Job

Aug 4, 2022 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get paid an insane amount to do what I love - which is speaking.

Cons

The review system is too student focused.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Brilliant platform, excellent team, well run and organised with lots of opportunities

Sep 15, 2021 - Tutor/Content Creator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Great students Responsive to tutor requests

Cons

None worthy of note really

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! We're a young company with a small but hard-working team, and it's lovely to see that hard work being recognised. We’re always eager to improve further, so if you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

3. 5.0

Flexible teaching job

Feb 12, 2021 - Online English Tutor in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get lessons scheduled to fit around your timetable All the materials are given on the platform so there is minimal preparation involved Referral bonuses and incentives for completing a particular number of lessons, etc.

Cons

Potentially higher salaries at other tutoring jobs

1 person found this review helpful

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! We’ve been working hard to improve payment, booking rates and communication with tutors and it’s lovely to see that being recognised. We’re always eager to improve further, so if you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 3 years) at tutor-relationships@ringleplus.com.

4. 3.0

Tutor

Aug 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid weekly and receive bonuses.

Cons

The pay is low in comparison to other tutoring companies and they can be rather rude and unreasonable sometimes.

3 people found this review helpful

Ringle Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. As a young company, we really do appreciate this feedback and are working to make changes in response to it. We’re sorry that you felt the pay we offer tutors is insufficient. We’ve just revised our payment system (as of October 2020) to allow tutors to advance more quickly from our baseline payment of $15/hour to a maximum of $20.90 plus added weekly bonuses. We’re a small team, which means communications can occasionally slip through the net. That said, healthy and open communication with our tutors is our number one priority. With that in mind, we’ve recently (as of November 2020) appointed a new Tutor Relations Manager, herself a tutor with Ringle for 3 years, to improve communication and transparency with our tutoring community and represent the needs of Ringle tutors within the Ringle team. We are committed to improving transparency and communication with our tutoring community. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager at tutor-relationships@ringleplus.com.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible, abundant work, but very exploitative - a bleak harbinger of things to come

Aug 13, 2020 - English Tutor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weekly pay Mostly adult user base, so slightly less draining than tutoring children Good opportunity to get a bunch of TEFL experience Work from anywhere... as long as you can get an ethernet connection

Cons

Low pay (£12/hour) considering it is private one-on-one tutoring Gig economy, so your hours are dependent on student demand Ratings system produces anxiety about chasing high student satisfaction Students can be entitled and rude in their comments Lessons are recorded - privacy isn't respected at all Students can request lessons anonymously, meaning you cannot deliberately turn down students you don't want to work with No human beings to talk to if you have queries/problems - totally automated Harsh penalties for no-shows, lateness, cancellations - consumer rights matter much more than employee rights Paypal takes some of your paycheck every week due to conversion fees Progression is only through reviews, not hours logged, so you could work hundreds of hours and still be earning the lowest possible wage

5 people found this review helpful

Ringle Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. As a young company, we really do appreciate this feedback and are working to make changes in response to it. The audio of our lessons are recorded solely to allow our students to revise content by themselves. The recordings are held by Ringle solely for their educational use and for no other purposes! We’re sorry that you felt the pay we offer tutors is insufficient. We recently revised our payment system to allow tutors to advance more quickly from our baseline payment of $15/hour to a maximum of $20.90 plus added weekly bonuses. Progression is logged primarily through hours tutored, with added bonuses for good reviews or high performance. We agree that the PayPal fees can definitely add up, which is why we have committed to paying half of those fees when we issue the money transfer. We also now offer domestic PayPal transfers to US citizens, which amount to just $0.25. We’re also currently exploring other ways of paying our tutors, which will incur less fees on both ends. We are committed to improving transparency and communication with our tutoring community. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 3 years) at tutor-relationships@ringleplus.com.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee

Bad deal at the moment

Apr 23, 2020 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours, Nice Students

Cons

There are several hidden fees meaning you get paid less the you initially thought Harsh cancellation policies Currently very very hard to secure any lessons so very low pay

8 people found this review helpful

Ringle Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. As a young company, we really do appreciate this feedback and are working to make changes in response to it. We’re sorry that you felt the pay we offer tutors is insufficient. We recently revised our payment system to allow tutors to advance more quickly from our baseline payment of $15/hour to a maximum of $20.90 plus added weekly bonuses. We agree that the PayPal fees can definitely add up, which is why we have committed to paying half of those fees when we issue the money transfer. We also now offer domestic PayPal transfers to US citizens, which amount to just $0.25. We’re also currently exploring other ways of paying our tutors, which will incur less fees on both ends. We very much appreciate your frustration regarding our former cancellation policy. In response to criticisms about our cancellation and no-show fines, we have now (from June 2020) scrapped them entirely! They’ve been replaced with our “Star-Strike” system, which is designed to reward rather than penalise our tutoring community. We also entirely agree that, back when this review was published, we had a genuine shortage of students. We’ve worked hard since then to address this problem and now the majority of lesson slots opened by tutors are booked within 24 hours! We’re committing to continuing to offer a reliable source of income to all our tutors. We are committed to improving transparency and communication with our tutoring community. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 3 years) at tutor-relationships@ringleplus.com.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Reasonable platform, but with policies designed to entirely in favour of the company

Feb 7, 2020 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours Discussion content prepared by the platform/student A large pool of mostly well-educated students

Cons

Lesson pay is for 40 minutes of lesson + 20 minutes of feedback form (the latter half of this deal is not at all advertised clearly) Only uses PayPal as a means of payment, leading to 5%+ losses in pay for US-based tutors, more for tutors based elsewhere (I've heard up to 15% in Europe) If the tutor is late/feedback form is late, the penalty is anywhere between no pay for the lesson, up to no pay + penalty fee (full lesson pay + $5) Platform change occurs frequently and can be buggy - this is fine, but the tutor assumes all responsibility (i.e. penalties) when a lesson is interrupted/delayed/missed due to the bug Ringle staff are unwilling to have a prompt discussion of these issues in detail and rarely takes responsibility Different lesson types pay at a varying rate, but Ringle allows students to choose the cheapest, and request for the most expensive within the lesson - this is a common practice accepted by Ringle

8 people found this review helpful

Ringle Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. As a young company, we really do appreciate this feedback and are working to make changes in response to it. We genuinely appreciate that our tutors are our greatest asset as a company and our most valuable resource. We’re sorry that you felt undervalued during your time at Ringle. We’re a small team, which means communications can occasionally slip through the net. That said, healthy and open communication with our tutors is our number one priority. Most recently (as of November 2020), we appointed a new Tutor Relations Manager, herself a tutor with Ringle for 3 years, to improve communication and transparency with our tutoring community and represent the needs of Ringle tutors within the Ringle team. We agree that the PayPal fees can definitely add up, which is why we have committed to paying half of those fees when we issue the money transfer. We also now offer domestic PayPal transfers to US citizens, which amount to just $0.25. We’re also currently exploring other ways of paying our tutors, which will incur less fees on both ends. We also very much appreciate your frustration regarding penalities. In response to criticisms about our cancellation and no-show fines, we have now (from June 2020) scrapped them entirely! They’ve been replaced with our “Star-Strike” system, which is designed to reward rather than penalise our tutoring community. I'm not sure what you mean about allowing our students to choose the cheapest lessons. Students buy lessons in packs, with discounts offered for the more lessons bought. Other than choosing between 20 minute and 40 minute lessons, no other restrictions are placed on which lessons students can book and no types of lessons cost more than others. We are committed to improving transparency and communication with our tutoring community. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea at tutor-relationships@ringleplus.com.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great experience

Sep 12, 2017 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Adaptable hours - Fair compensation - Company admins easily available

Cons

- Sometimes there are technical bugs

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! We’ve been working hard to improve payment, booking rates and communication with tutors and it’s lovely to see that being recognised. That said, we’re always eager to improve further, so if you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager at tutor-relationships@ringleplus.com.

9. 5.0

good experience

Aug 8, 2022 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really nice people, flexible working environment

Cons

Low wages - hard to make ends meet :(

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good but standards too high

Aug 1, 2022 - Tutor in Seoul
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for the work

Cons

Korean time difference makes work hard. If you make ten mistakes total during your entire time there they fire you. Which seems strange.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Reviews

Ringle Reviews FAQs

Ringle has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 121 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Ringle to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ringle employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ringle. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

89% of Ringle employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ringle 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ringle to be coworkers, career development, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership, benefits.