SAP Concur Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.8
SAP Concur CEO Mike Eberhard
Mike Eberhard
Pros
Cons
  • "Uncertainty around effects of SAP acquisition(in 22 reviews)

• "It doesn't pay as well as amazon or microsoft, but thats not a big minus for having a great work-life balance(in 19 reviews)

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at SAP Concur full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, great people. Very supportive environment. You are encouraged and enabled to try new things. Work on cutting edge technology. Opportunity to get involved in all aspects of DevOps cycle - i.e. continuous deployments, short Agile spirnts, live production monitoring etc Great pay and benefits

Cons

Some additional bureaucratic overhead after acquisition from SAP Steep domain knowledge learning curve

Advice to Management

Let employees focus on specialising on a smaller number of skills, rather than having to diversify too much

SAP Concur2017-03-16
  2. "UK SMN MDR - DO NOT APPLY"

I have been working at SAP Concur

Pros

Part Of SAP so can piggyback off their status

Cons

Micromanagement Gossip Environment Treated like a Kid not an Adult Unrealistic targets Rubbish Culture, if you don’t fit in, you’re made to feel like an outsider. Complete Lack of Diversity Do as your told, not allowed to be creative. Management doesn’t take different working styles into consideration. Made to feel like your contributions are heard and then nothing changes. List goes on...

SAP Concur2019-10-14
  3. "ok"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at SAP Concur full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

low pressure, cool culture, good benefits, share plans

Cons

country wise discrimination, no growth, monthly releases, hectic work

SAP Concur2019-06-25

"My biggest disappointment. Dreadful management, pressuring greater revenue with minimum support."

Former Employee - Senior Business Development in London, England

I worked at SAP Concur full-time for less than a year

Pros

Concur or what is so-called now SAP Concur relies heavily on SAP's fame to lure top talent to its business. As a tech company, lots of basic frills are offered to employees but nothing compared with leading companies. Cultures & Values are on paper, hence in real life employees do not trust each other and backstabbing is normal to the daily work pattern.

Cons

Onboarding is beyond weak. Management is fragmented. Favouritism is normal. Human Resources should be called personnel as they are useless for career progression and confidential conversations are leaked constantly.

Advice to Management

The integration for Concur to become SAP Concur is on its final stage. Hoping by then all this chaotic management would fade away leading to better management with a clear understanding on how to treat talent and skills.

SAP Concur2019-04-25

"SMN- Great potential but failing MDR team"

Former Employee - Market Development Representative in Maidenhead, England

I worked at SAP Concur full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Some really great, genuine people, I've met some great people I will call friends for life -Great earning potential -Great benefits

Cons

-You must 'fit'- now when I say that I mean that you must have the face and the 'look' of the rest of the sales team meaning if you are even slightly different you will probably feel very out of place and won't last very long. If you have seen our sales floor, you know exactly what I mean. -Questionable diversity...SAP Concur advertise and continuously talk about their 'Diversity' and great 'Culture' (A LOT)... however it's actually pretty incredible how UNdiverse and UNcultured the SMN team actually are. -MDR managers are failing their team- I will leave this one here. -They will always ask for feedback and you will provide it however nothing further will be done because things 'work'. -Remember that you are just a number and they will expect you to work tirelessly to get there, fine it's sales. However even when you get there, they probably won't care if you don't 'fit' the team. -I don't regret working here however I do regret not leaving sooner than I did and giving them the opportunity to cause further stresses. It's probably a good time to note that my numbers were GREAT in fact I was one of the highest performers. If you are someone that is genuine, isn't sneaky and doesn't like a gossip then this place is definitely not for you. However if you do, you'll fit in just fine.

Advice to Management

-SMN need a major shift in their foundation. You are constantly looking at ways to improve MDRs and encourage strategy however provide no support with this. It's like building a house on a broken foundation, at some point it will come crumbling down regardless of how amazing the bricks may be. -MDR Managers; -Please support your team. If you do that you will be shocked at how the numbers reflect this and more... importantly your team will be so much happier and will probably stick around. With that, respect your team and they will respect you, respect is something you earn, no matter what role you sit in you are not above anyone, some need to remember that more than others. -Don't ask us to do 1000 things in a day and then when we need something you're never around -Senior Management; -Look deeper into the MDR team and why so many people are leaving and have already left. There is great potential here but the team is really let down. -Even though the numbers may be great, if things continue, they won't be. -Be prepared for the MDR team to fall flat if things do not change, this has been identified on many occasions, use this and make them great again.

SAP Concur2019-02-22

"Great Company.... Could be so much more....."

I worked at SAP Concur

Pros

Superb T&E solution... So much more than an expense report Happy customers - Business application helping travelling staff Sales Support - Great productivity tools, content and desire to help Comp Plan totally matches our company goals Low risk contracts and easy to position solution

Cons

Poor at recognition & have hero to zero culture... Lead Gen teams need extra skill & fresh approach to pipe generation Upsell teams smashing target but new business teams struggling to hit quota's regularly Poor communication across the business about whats going on. Whispers and rumours start Top management very silo from the rest of the business Rewards & promotes people who dont represent the values of the... business.

Advice to Management

Trust your people. They work incredibly hard Fix pipeline for new business sales with upskilling lead gen team and social selling skills/data cleansing Pay new business higher comp plans than upsell teams Manage your people as humans not spreadsheets and dont manage by perception

SAP Concur2017-12-17
  7. "Regional Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at SAP Concur full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great sales tools, lots of investment into sales teams, innovative product

Cons

inexperienced management team, slow internal processes

Advice to Management

please bring in experienced managers or train new managers effectively

SAP Concur2017-10-24

"Good product but some deep cause for concerns"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

I worked at SAP Concur full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good product, with a solid support base and R & D team, good culture in some functions. Some very talented and supportive members there

Cons

Huge pay imbalances, some very concerning members of senior management, i witnessed one scenario where one manager (who was promoted) played two of there employees against each other in a truly degrading way, resulting in a very demoralized team . What really surprised me was the complete lack of response from HR about this well known issue. This saw a wave of very talented people leave to avoid such culture

Advice to Management

When multiple employees are approaching senior management with grave concerns don't dismiss, i saw some very damaging behavior.

SAP Concur2017-08-23

"A company that rewards incompetency"

MDR

I worked at SAP Concur

Pros

There are some really great people at Concur. And some of the incentives are excellent.

Cons

No structure and a lot of incompetent people in decision making positions. They screw up peoples pay, they don't reward high performers and they rarely hire internally.

Advice to Management

Needs completely reorganising.

SAP Concur2017-05-16

"Waste of time"

Client Support Representative

I have been working at SAP Concur

Pros

-friendly staff in the office

Cons

-inexperienced seniors and managers -no training for over two months-nothing to do -low pay -did not sort out access to concur systems so unable to see my wage slip or pension statement

Advice to Management

do not make 19 year olds senior members of staff.

SAP Concur2017-05-09