SMRS Reviews

Updated 7 Jun 2021

Found 17 of over 19 reviews

4.5
SMRS Managing Partners Toby Windsor and Richard Lewis (no image)
Toby Windsor and Richard Lewis
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really welcoming

19 Feb 2021 - Digital Operations in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly friendly and inclusive workplace

Cons

Nothing major from my side

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for such a positive review!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst place I've ever worked

7 Jun 2021 - Copywriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free fruit? That's literally all I can think of.

Cons

There are many. I actually left in 2016 and it was the best decision I ever made. I received barely any training, just micro-management of my work for months on end. It was almost impossible to progress my career and learn new skills. The only people who did see my potential either left or were frozen out of the Leadership team (and I use the term 'Leadership' very loosely). My line manager's idea of a performance review would be a (one-sided) shouting match, whenever it felt convenient for them to let off some steam. I'd then be encouraged not to be so downtrodden after being shouted at and ridiculed for an hour. I was expected to come in every day with a smile on my face, act professional and stay until at least 7.30 for no reason other than 'that's what you do here'. Certain members of the Leadership team felt that the best way to get their point across was to stomp over to the Studio team, scream at their chosen victim, and then walk off crying because THEY were clearly the one hard done by. Other times, we'd get passive-aggressive emails or menacing phone calls on their days off. I see some of the reviews on here are from 2016, around the same time I left, and I wonder whether they saw the same things I did or were encouraged not to mention them. Let's talk about attrition, shall we? When I left I was the 31st person in 15 months to leave, meaning that attrition that year was almost 50%. Not surprising, given that the tasks we were asked to do were mind-numbing at best and near-impossible at worst. All in all, it's the worst place I've ever worked. I'm glad I left and I have no positive things to say.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Tight-knit agency that punches above its weight

16 Aug 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great place to work.

Cons

HQ in Manchester takes some getting used to.

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for a great review and for all your work during all these years!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Positive and nurturing environment

25 Nov 2019 - Social Media Executive in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and Great people

Cons

nothing at al really to be honest

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your positive feedback, we're glad to hear it!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Client Partner

21 Jan 2019 - Client Partner in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, friendly, no-nonsense northern sensibility but some really smart people, never content to settle. Really happy to let people develop their careers in ways they want and try to accommodate ambitions and to back this up with training. They have worked hard to transform the agency into delivery of cutting edge work and doing interesting, profitable work for a wide range of clients.

Cons

Sometimes communication is not all it could be.

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for sharing your honest thoughts and for highlighting what could be improved.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great open friendly place to work

25 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of energy, creativity, curiosity and great ideas. Really friendly, very down to earth people who know how to have fun!

Cons

None I have found yet

Senior Marketing Executive

We're very happy to hear this, thanks for your opinion!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

SMRS

19 Mar 2019 - Client Partner in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

People Culture Flexibility Support Exciting new areas of development Sector leading expertise and products It’s enjoyable going to work!

Cons

It can get very busy so managing that is a challenge

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback and sharing not only the pros but cons as well. We appreciate your honesty.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Family

3 Jul 2016 - Digital Operations Specialist in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many great reasons to work at SMRS. Apart from getting Pizza, cakes and fresh fruit, the people here are a varied and diverse bunch and you will enjoy working with them. Everybody will help each other if required and you feel you can talk to anyone. I have some great memories here and it was a difficult decision to leave...Honestly, I hope I can return some day and be part of the family once again.

Cons

Like any job, you will feel the pressure and stress. That's why it's called work. I don't think there is any one thing that I could say that would reflect negatively on the company as a whole. I felt trusted, respected and a great ambassador of the company.

HR Manager

Thank you for your honest review! We are glad you enjoyed all the aspects of SMRS! Good luck with your next phase in your career.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Many happy years at SMRS

11 Feb 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at SMRS for many years and always loved the fast paced, ever changing, dynamic environment. There are lots of really hard working, talented and fun people. Both of our offices are spacious, nice environments with great tech and facilities, in central locations. The benefits are very good in terms of 30 days' holiday, flexible working, pension and training opportunities. In some roles you get car allowances if you need to travel to see clients.

Cons

As our jobs are to deliver high quality services to our clients, this can mean that we sometimes have to go that extra mile for a client and stay late, work over a lunch or get in early. It's a high pressured environment so its not for everyone.

HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying all the aspects of SMRS!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Family

12 Jul 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

3 months in and feel like I have been here for such a long time. Welcomed and respected by all. As an expert in your role you are trusted to get on with your job. You walk a way each day knowing you can make a difference. Thoroughly enjoyed the summer event and cant wait for the Christmas Party . The ridiculous amounts of cake and pizza I have eaten in 3 months . I look forward to the daily fruit basket LOL.

Cons

Great environment but always busy . If you thrive off being busy you will love working here . I do my day goes so quick.

HR Manager

Welcome to the family. Thank you for your positive review! We are glad you are enjoying all the aspects of SMRS!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews