Sephora Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sephora CEO Chris de Lapuente
Chris de Lapuente

3,062 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is actively encouraged as opposed to other retailers" (in 134 reviews)

• "Great working environment and you get a lot of free products for you to try and then use as a reference at the point of sale" (in 206 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is a company value but should be taken into consideration more" (in 198 reviews)

• "No work life balance rude management" (in 56 reviews)

1. "CRM Project Manager Assistant"

I worked at Sephora full-time

Pros

Amazing team, new projects everyday

Cons

Long hours, work and life time balance not always respected

2. "beauty advisor"

I worked at Sephora part-time

Pros

good discounts good environment
    good hours

Cons

petty workers
    discrimination sometimes hard to schedule off

3. "Loss Prevention"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sephora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Equal Opportunity Employer, Work Life Balance is actively encouraged. Since Sephora is so Development Driven, Sephora invest a lot on employees training and in their compensation. The company is moving in the right direction with new stores opening almost every year and with current store being remodeled. Management is not just Management, they feel you feel like family and want occasionally want to know how life is outside of work to make sure everything is how it should be. If your career driven Sephora will make sure you reach the goal you intend on achieving.

Cons

If your just looking for a job I wouldn't recommend Sephora due to it's intense peak hours and traffic. You can find yourself discouraged, worn out, and not wanting to go to work because there is actually a lot for you to do, so without that drive giving you that push, you'll most likely burn out.

Advice to Management

Keep demonstrating the compassion for your employees and keep driving that client experience.

4. "Loss Prevention"

Current Employee - LP Agent in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - LP Agent in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sephora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Sephora a little under 2 years and it has been everything I had ever hoped for.
    Pay has been amazing, and monthly bonus opportunities and free product (Gratis) are a nice perk.
    My leadership team (DLPM and RLPM) are accessible and actually visit my store. I've been with companies where I didn't see my DLPM, let alone my RLPM, for months. Here I see both often and I know they are a phone call away and they actually answer their phones.
    This position is more about just catching shoplifters, it's working with and influencing change within my store and leadership teams, it's coaching our sales teams and being leaders in the building. It's about having the ability to learn and develop myself.
    My DLPM sits with me quarterly to provide honest feedback so I can focus on my growth and development. The LP Org has created new positions and doubled in size the past 18 months.
    My DLPM/RLPM have listened to me and implemented some of my new ideas!
    I love that I am challenged to find internals and have been given access to exception reporting so I can start to learn new things.

Cons

There are some "old school" Sephora employees who do not like change. While businesses continue to change and evolve, there are/were some old school employees who do not like change and a new way of doing things.
    Sometimes we are too slow to hold people accountable, often giving them many chances to right the poor behavior before pen hits paper- I get that b/c we are a peoples based organization but sometimes it can be a very slow process.

Advice to Management

Any negative reviews are often from employees who were disgruntled because they were being held accountable and didn't like it. They were/are unable to look into the mirror and accept they have opportunities or couldn't handle feedback when it was given. This company continues to grow, add positions, promote from within and pays very well. We have annual conferences, developmental meetings that focus on our development and growth and leaders who care about us and whats going on in our lives outside of Sephora. It amazes me that my Leadership team remembers my birthday and my son's name. Why wouldn't someone stay here if they were doing what they were supposed to be doing?
    My Advice to management? Keep holding poor performers accountable. The problematic, negative people will leave sooner and allow people who want to work and build a career, to actually do just that.

5. "Love"

I have been working at Sephora full-time

Pros

I love working at Sephora. They truly care about the employees

Cons

The schedule comes out weekly. And the Retail hours.

"Retail Picker / Replenisher in Distribution Center"

Current Employee - Retail Picker/Replenisher in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Picker/Replenisher in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Sephora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, this is a "Warehouse" position. Don't expect it to be cushy, you work for the paycheck. Have been only working one day, and that was mostly training. Expect the warehouse to be warm to hot in Summer, and cool to cold in Winter. Bring water, you will be dehydrating for the whole of your shift. Expect to be walking and standing for 100% of your shift, wear well padded and supportive foot wear. Worked at least three other warehouse jobs at other Companies, and they all compare about the same as mentioned above, expect to work. Environment is friendly, co-workers are diverse, as is the culture. It can be fun, or it can be a drudge (see other "negative" reviews), it is what you make it. As this is a retail distribution position, expect to come in and hear you will be working more than your shift, its retail. Your job description is dictated by the business flow of the retail stores wanting product. Overall, you will be working for your paycheck, but you have career paths to move up, and if you can put in a little blood, sweet, and tears upfront, you may get to that "cushy" position. Consider this a foot into the door to aspire for greater positions.

Cons

Not so much Cons, just more things that a "Warehouse" position usually entails:
    * Hot in Summer, Cold in Winter.
    * Don't take this job unless you are willing to work for the $.
    * If you have issues with certain ethnicicities, don't take this job. Chances are, you will be a co-worker with one. (Serious diversity in the work area here)
    * Training is taken serious, you don't get to fly solo, until you can demonstrate you can leave the nest on your own.
    * Support can be if-y thing, co-workers are fine, but you really are looking for those individuals with the neon vests, and they roam all over.
    * Warehouse is almost a 24 x 7, so announcements are constantly coming over the PA system on shifts starting, leaving, and break starts and ends. Each shift is given a "group" number, so you are listening for yours to dictate yourself through your shift.
    * Don't consider the position if you have after work considerations. You may walk in on your shift to find they need you to stay two hours longer.

Again, most of these items are not "Cons", so-to-speak, I'm just voicing them as a more "Additional Information".

Advice to Management

As a Warehouse, Cosmetic Retail Supplier, and Retail Stores establishment, what can I say... Its work, it seems to be steady work, and it has advancement opportunities. Management has fostered that within the Company. All these things were seen by a first time "day 1" employee. So I think management is doing a better than average job to convey, even to a new-bie, their values.

7. "Holiday help"

Former Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super busy hours, early mornings

Cons

Tons of free swag

8. "Cashier"

I worked at Sephora part-time

Pros

Lovely work environment and awesome teammates

Cons

Crazy, Odd Working Hours. Late hours, weekend and holiday shifts.

9. "Colour Consultant"

Former Employee - Color Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Color Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Sephora part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has overall great values, and really does their best to ensure a "family-like" feeling at each location. Great benefits, competitive pay, great incentives, plenty of learning and growing opportunities... All over great company to work for.

Cons

Management at the location I worked for wasn't very organized with events etc..

10. "Awesome"

I have been working at Sephora full-time

Pros

Free makeup, good discount, awesome training, good people

Cons

Slow development, less artistry then it used to, more selling than artistry.

Showing 3,062 of 3,171 reviews