Signpost Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Jan 2020

4.2
Signpost  Founder and CEO Stuart Wall
Stuart Wall
Pros
  • "Everyone at Signpost is committed to your success and will continue to be an ally to you as you grow into the best salesman you can be(in 97 reviews)

• "Super fun place to work--company happy hours and activities(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no downsides with Signpost(in 46 reviews)

• "Pay could be better - Wish the base salary was higher, but the commissions were always pretty strong(in 19 reviews)

1. "GREAT COM"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

great sales company with exceptional training

Cons

i do not have any cons

Signpost 2020-01-07
  2. "GREAT COMPANY! GREAT AMAZING PEOPLE!"

I worked at Signpost

Pros

Jeremy- the Austin office He is legit the best mentor you could ever have, he’s real with you and so sweet and understanding! John sales manager is great!! He is one of the best because again he’s REAL with you and so genuine and actually cares about you!!! The potential to grow and become top rep is AMAZING i mean the comp plan sells it’s self .. of course if your not a top performing rep or doing the job you won’t make the most money but they give you all the tools to be top rep and make atleast 5k a month and give you so many rewards! Just being there for 2 months i WON a MacBook Air 2019.. it’s crazy any company that cares that much to reward you for doing your job is a good company.

Cons

Honestly. There are quirks here and there but it’s a start up .. you get what you put in.. in any job really! I will say that if you are not down for stress and put base pay under cons than sales is NOT for you.. nobody wants to do sales for base pay.. but if your here to make UNLIMITED amount of money and beat records and get high rewards then join this team!! Anything you put in cons normally.. look at yourself and ask yourself.. is sales for me? Because base pay.. hard sales.. sales tactics.. snacks.. ping pong.. pushy.. money oriented is all characteristics of ANY sales job.. if you look at these reviews and look at the cons there’s a reason why they quit or got fired.. sales was not for them. I however love sales but has to relocate for family. This company though was by far the best sales job i have ever had. They look at you as people and not just a number or something the make money off of. They CARE about you and your needs and make you prioritize yourself and family FIRST. That’s why their benefits and time off is SO SO AMAZING.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!! I will say, that some managers need alittle extra work on their teaching skills and how to personalize it to different individuals .. i believe with alittle extra training and feedback from your current employees it will help turn over rate forsure.

Signpost 2019-11-15

"Right company at the right time for me"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked under the 3 best managers of my entire career during my time there. They care about you as a person as much if not more than an employee. You will learn a TON about sales and how to communicate effectively, get your message across in an impactful way, etc. Cool people to work with Hunting and gathering - get out what you put in Culture that celebrates each other's successes Training and development is very good in months 1-5.

Cons

Not the cheapest service on the market today for businesses but not the most expensive either. Tons of cold calling and getting hung up on - it will wear on you without a strong mindset Sometimes noisy background, making it hard to hear your own calls Low base for the Austin market and promotion opportunities aren't all that attractive...a little more money for a lot more pressure (people have voluntarily gone back down from being promoted to their former position)

Advice to Management

Keep rep morale high as much as possible. Tangible rewards such as free food or bigger ticket items are cool, but rewarding with "leave early" or "come in late" isn't all that great when the PTO is flexible to begin with. Greater focus on rep-rep accountability and mentoring...it's been strong before but the turnover makes that hard to maintain.

Signpost 2019-11-21
  4. "Fun environment, tough work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved working with everyone there. Very young and energetic. Lots of support from management and coworkers.

Cons

The work just isn't for everyone, it wasn't for me. You're going to make 60-100 dials per day and just have to push through. I was hitting my metrics every day but I just wasn't cut out for it.

Signpost 2019-11-12
  5. "Sales Representative- Hiring Process"

Current Employee - Sale Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Interview process moves quick. Alexandra (recruiter) is on point with her communication and the management keeps your comfortable while maintaining a professional attitude throughout the entire process Great company culture and great vibe in the Denver office!

Cons

I didn't have any issues. I felt welcome and everyone was very professional.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work! You guys are what keeps people motivated!

Signpost 2019-10-23
  6. "Good for beginners"

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Signpost full-time

Pros

Great culture and training program

Cons

Low base And slow product development

Signpost 2019-11-06
  7. "SDR Review"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

-great learning...lots to go through in order to be a cohesive sales person -you can drink on the job but its frowned upon

Cons

-all you do is grind -atmosphere created by managers is "sell,sell,sell" to the point its extortion

Signpost 2019-09-29

"Great people! Not so great product but... great managers in ATX."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Awesome people to work with -Very good at promoting withing (awesome) -The CEO and VP are awesome -You get paid well if you hit quota (if not, you won't eat) -Awesome team events (free beer and food) -Good culture -Alright training -Good managers, they make the best out of it -Unlimited PTO if you can take it In general, I do not regret taking this job but I wish I wouldn't have taken this job at the same time. I loved the people, I loved the culture, but the product is ehhh idk if its worth all that $$$, they make it sound like its the best out when it's not. You will realize there are other companies that do the same for ... less .... & give more... If this is your first sales job or out of college, I would take it... if it doesn't work out you will still learn SO MUCH that can be used in life or your next job!!!

Cons

-Base Pay is terrible -no real benefits -high & I mean HIGH turnover rate -If I owned a business, I would not buy Signpost -Unless you are really really good, you won't get work like balance -Some employes even work weekends (by choice, to hit quota) -You will see more people quit then you'd imagine -They hire a batch of sales reps every month (only 20% make it to month 3-4) -Be ready to work!! -No given leads -Turnover rate

Advice to Management

None (ATX managers are awesome) If anything, the training could be changed a little Work on your turnover rate, that is your #1 issue... yes, everyone is meant for this job but for a rep thats been there for (6+ months) to be considered a veteran rep is a little sad

Signpost 2019-09-25
  9. "Great"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Signpost full-time

Pros

Great work great work great

Cons

None to report five words

Signpost 2019-08-19
  10. "We’re out of Sprite in the break room? That’s it, I’m quitting!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the culture. People who work hard are respected. Additionally, hilariously unique (but determined) personalities fill the Austin office. I’ve worked in several different industries, and I’ve never met a group more engaging on a personal level than this crew. There’s always someone willing to help or lend a hand, or help tighten up your sales pitch. Management gets their hands dirty and there’s no ivory tower perspective here. Also, the product works. It’s nice to know that what you sell can make an impact on someone’s small business, and I can verify from some of my own packages sold that this is true.

Cons

It’s a sales job. It’s a cold calling sales job. You have to have tough skin and the ability to persevere when A) People don’t understand the product and hang up on you. B) When your colleagues make bank one month and you don’t... My guess is some of the recent poor reviews didn’t make bank.

Advice to Management

Do more to encourage and strengthen your tenured employees. The business is expanding, and that’s great! But those tenured employees will help you in a way new hires can’t. Side note: If initial base pay was even a few grand higher, I bet you’d get happier people.

Signpost 2019-08-17