Signpost Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Signpost Founder and CEO Stuart Wall
Stuart Wall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Let me start with their unlivable base salary in NYC" (in 19 reviews)

• "High-stakes: This comes with the territory of any sales job, but it is a high stakes and high stress job" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An incredible vehicle for success."

Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• High-Volume Cold Call Sales – While most wouldn't list this as a Pro, it is the specific reason Signpost helps employees new to sales, not only grasp it, but to excel in it. The volume gives loads of experience in a very short period of time. It's also an excellent challenge.

• World-Class Training – If you are hired at Signpost in the first place, and don't make it through the training program (A 2-Month Ramp with every resource available,) it's because you didn't work hard enough.

• There isn't room for everyone, and Signpost is a meritocracy. – This is a Pro for me, because I believe in surrounding yourself with the best of the best. Signpost is a lean machine, and doesn't have room for slack. They're forgiving, but if you can't hit your numbers, you're out!

Cons

• You're working in a Start-up! – Adaptability is a must. There is constant change, and some people are left behind when they can't adapt.

• Mediocre Communication – This can always improve. While all companies have to keep their cards close to their chest, oftentimes it feels as if you don't know what's actually going on behind the scenes, as most information from the VPs is only delivered in a monthly All Company Meeting.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus more & more on the well being of your employees! People who stay at Signpost, stay for the people. Happy employees are passionate employees!

2. "Awesome!"

I have been working at Signpost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to make a ton of money, supportive team and amazing culture, I look forward to going to work everyday

Cons

Can't think of anything! Just the general highs and lows of sales, but it is very fulfilling

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great company to be apart of"

Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company and fun environment to work
    Tons of she's training and coaching to help you become a great sales rep
    Open line of communication to executives and managers
    Great office location

Cons

No real marketing of the product, most clients don't know what signpost is after hearing the name so it makes it harder when pitching product, it's something that can definitely be overcame but something to consider nonetheless

"Anti-customer culture filled with immoral business practices"

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great at promoting from within
    - Some management have their heart in the right place
    - It is very satisfying, but very rare, when business owners actually benefit from the product.
    - Lack of typical social justice culture, which makes them place a comfortable and safe environment to work at. No one to do the whole holier than thou and self righteous spiels

Cons

- No one here actually cares about small businesses. They constantly talk about local business owners as if they are complete idiots. They see customers as $ and nothing else
    - Toxic culture that is company first and customers last. They will do everything to suck every penny out of business owners
    - They sell to people who are a terrible fit for the product and straight up lie to customers. Then, in their internal QA sessions, they find themselves not culpable for any wrongdoing. Who would've guessed?
    - They do almost nothing to ensure customer success. Once the contract is signed and they have the money, the customer will never hear from them unless they beg.
    - Everything is the customers fault. If the product didn't work, customers fault. If the product is different than the customer though, customer's fault. Nothing is every the company's fault.
    - Simply look at their customer reviews and the # of engineer staff vs # of sales. That will tell you all you need to know.
    - They lie to you about compensation and have horrible equipment. They don't even give you a laptop. Instead, they give you horrible computers with cheap chairs.
    - Lack of trust. Managers are always breading down your neck. I can't believe how much time managers have to be snooping on you instead of operational efficiency.
    - CEO is a typically elitist bro and all the sales bros love him.
    - Their competitors have an obviously better product but they are in complete denial over it.

Advice to Management

Stop treating customers like crap and lying tot hem

5. "OK Place To Start"

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

Lot's of room for career advancement in your field. Generally pragmatic leadership.

Cons

Terrible product, poor sales processes.

6. "Great place to learn and grown your sales skill set!"

I have been working at Signpost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training Program - one of the best sales training programs I have been a part of in my sales career. You get a lot of hands-on training in the job and I definitely felt that I was set up for success in the role. The job can be challenging but I felt supported and confident after going through the first couple weeks of training.

Culture/People - really welcoming environment. Phone sales is tough so you need good people next to you and I feel that we have that in our office. Everyone is willing to help out and answer questions and the group seems to really care about each other.

Cons

It's a tough job so you have to work really hard to be successful, especially early on. If you want to make great commission, be willing to put in a ton of effort and you should be able to make it with the help from training and management

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback and trying to improve!

7. "Awesome Work Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome People to work around

Cons

Can be challenging to get over the hump

8. "Sales executive"

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

Start up environment is fun and electric. The C-level leadership is great and it’s mainly a young crowd. Early to mid 20s.

Cons

The training and training manager isn’t accessible or as dedicated in seeing you succeed. The sales floor is high energy and that is great when it’s positive but when it turns into negative energy it can be determintal to your success. The company itself is on the up but the training needs to be more precise. I recall some sessions it felt like it was just put together aimlessly and not as organized. Since it’s a small location that one negative factor did affect an otherwise great atmosphere.

Advice to Management

The training managers represent the company and a bit more professionalism should be displayed. As a leader, they should know what is appropriate to say and what isn’t. Retraining on effective communication would help.

9. "Really Miss This Place!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Best sales training program in Denver - Seriously, I've worked at a few sales orgs since, and have always felt like I had the best foundation. The training program is thorough, and the skills I developed here made a huge impact at my job now. I wouldn't have been able to succeed without the foundation I learned at SP.
    *The people - Met some of my best friends here, still hang out to this day. Genuinely good people that help you push through the grind.
    *Management - Local management cares, and always wants to make sure you're being heard, and my manager always went to bat for me to hit my goal. Execs were less present, but never difficult to get a hold of them if you wanted, usually came by once a quarter.
    *Product is solid - Having sold a few other products since SP, I feel way better about the product than when I was there and only focused on my merchants that cancelled. It's not perfect, but compared to other solutions it really is a good solution.

Cons

*Job is HARD - When I was interviewing, they told me the job was hard, and I didn't take them seriously. It's not impossible, but it takes a lot of hard work to do well. If you can hack it, you get back what you put in 2x though.
    *Pay could be better - Wish the base salary was higher, but the commissions were always pretty strong.
    *Job is not only hard, but can be monotonous - The grind is by far the hardest part of the job. Selling is only half the battle, the second half is staying motivated week after week, month after month. Again, this is a necessary skill for any type of sales, so I'm glad I learned it.

Advice to Management

*Less change - The more you switch things up, the harder it is to get into a groove. Play to your strengths.
    *More pay - Level up the base

10. "National Sales Executive"

Current Employee - National Sales Representative in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - National Sales Representative in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, Benefits, Food & Snacks, Upward Growth, Potential to make some good money, goal oriented, M-F work, good group of people to work with.

Cons

Tough work, but rewarding. This is a pro in a lot of ways. Just be prepared to learn and put your best foot forward. Low starting salary, but if you perform, you can change that quick. Do not be discouraged by the base.

Advice to Management

Everything is pretty good. Support is good and the team aspect is definitely in place. The resources to learn and stay on one's game is all there.