Signpost Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 29 Sep 2019

4.2
Signpost  CEO Stuart Wall
Stuart Wall
Pros
  • "Everyone at Signpost is committed to your success and will continue to be an ally to you as you grow into the best salesman you can be(in 97 reviews)

• "Super fun place to work--company happy hours and activities(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no downsides with Signpost(in 46 reviews)

• "Pay could be better - Wish the base salary was higher, but the commissions were always pretty strong(in 19 reviews)

1. "SDR Review"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

-great learning...lots to go through in order to be a cohesive sales person -you can drink on the job but its frowned upon

Cons

-all you do is grind -atmosphere created by managers is "sell,sell,sell" to the point its extortion

Signpost 2019-09-29

"Great people! Not so great product but... great managers in ATX."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Awesome people to work with -Very good at promoting withing (awesome) -The CEO and VP are awesome -You get paid well if you hit quota (if not, you won't eat) -Awesome team events (free beer and food) -Good culture -Alright training -Good managers, they make the best out of it -Unlimited PTO if you can take it In general, I do not regret taking this job but I wish I wouldn't have taken this job at the... same time. I loved the people, I loved the culture, but the product is ehhh idk if its worth all that $$$, they make it sound like its the best out when it's not. You will realize there are other companies that do the same for ... less .... & give more... If this is your first sales job or out of college, I would take it... if it doesn't work out you will still learn SO MUCH that can be used in life or your next job!!!

Cons

-Base Pay is terrible -no real benefits -high & I mean HIGH turnover rate -If I owned a business, I would not buy Signpost -Unless you are really really good, you won't get work like balance -Some employes even work weekends (by choice, to hit quota) -You will see more people quit then you'd imagine -They hire a batch of sales reps every month (only 20% make it to month 3-4) -Be ready to work!! -No... given leads -Turnover rate

Advice to Management

None (ATX managers are awesome) If anything, the training could be changed a little Work on your turnover rate, that is your #1 issue... yes, everyone is meant for this job but for a rep thats been there for (6+ months) to be considered a veteran rep is a little sad

Signpost 2019-09-25
  3. "Great"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Signpost full-time

Pros

Great work great work great

Cons

None to report five words

Signpost 2019-08-19

"WHO??? Signpost"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bagels on Tue and a Broken Ping Pong Table

Cons

Cheap office run by the cheapest CEO in the Game. The entire management team just left.

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap to those who sweat for u

Signpost 2019-09-01
  5. "We’re out of Sprite in the break room? That’s it, I’m quitting!"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the culture. People who work hard are respected. Additionally, hilariously unique (but determined) personalities fill the Austin office. I’ve worked in several different industries, and I’ve never met a group more engaging on a personal level than this crew. There’s always someone willing to help or lend a hand, or help tighten up your sales pitch. Management gets their hands dirty and there’s no ivory tower... perspective here. Also, the product works. It’s nice to know that what you sell can make an impact on someone’s small business, and I can verify from some of my own packages sold that this is true.

Cons

It’s a sales job. It’s a cold calling sales job. You have to have tough skin and the ability to persevere when A) People don’t understand the product and hang up on you. B) When your colleagues make bank one month and you don’t... My guess is some of the recent poor reviews didn’t make bank.

Advice to Management

Do more to encourage and strengthen your tenured employees. The business is expanding, and that’s great! But those tenured employees will help you in a way new hires can’t. Side note: If initial base pay was even a few grand higher, I bet you’d get happier people.

Signpost 2019-08-17

"Great opportunity, better environment"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

First and foremost, the people. I've never experienced a work environment that I was actively excited to come into everyday. Co-workers and managers alike are fantastic to work alongside. Tons of support through group trainings and one-on-ones. The culture here is outstanding, and I've made some strong business connections as well as great friendships through this opportunity. While the base salary is a bit lower... than similar roles in the area, the commission structure is solid, and most importantly, uncapped. Most similar roles will give you a ceiling, incentivizing reps to stop working once you've hit that ceiling. Not the case at Signpost. An average rep will consistently bring in decent checks, and above-average and top reps will see some serious commissions each month (speaking from experience here.) Really great role for someone looking for their first or second sales job, as effort directly translates to results.

Cons

The job is tough, especially for a seasoned salesperson coming in with preconceived notions about how to best approach the sales process. Not a good role for someone looking to skate by. You really have to put the work in - especially the first few months getting through the learning curve. If you don't consider yourself to be a hard worker and willing to put the time & energy in, I wouldn't bother applying.

Signpost 2019-07-31

"An entry- level playground"

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great 2-month training, great CEO

Cons

Terrible pay, you'd have to be a top performer every month just to make a living. Poor management in Austin Texas. A higher turnover rate than a restaurant, you don't matter to management. Pushy sales tactics; the product itself is coded poorly and instead of fixing issues, developers just keep adding more to a system that really doesn't work. My advice: only consider Signpost to use as a stepping stone if you... have no sales experience.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, stop lying to each employee just to say what they want to hear. The only people that stick around are those with a criminal record or those that don't know they can do better

Signpost 2019-08-01

"Sales executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zero pros. The pros are the good people you’re hired with.

Cons

False Promises and Lies. 2 months wasted in training.

Advice to Management

Don’t lie to people to get them in the door, don’t call me a sales executive but force me to do my own lead sourcing. Pay your employees better. Change your sales structure and sales floor layout. When someone wants to move around with the company stop forcing into a box. Retain your talent.

Signpost 2019-08-05
  9. "Great, Adaptable People"

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

They accommodated my need to perform the entire interview process virtually without a hitch. Very real, genuine, helpful, and encouraging people.

Cons

It was a positive interview process for me. I have no cons.

Signpost 2019-06-03
  10. "Sr. Sales Rep"

I worked at Signpost

Pros

Great work culture. The people are amazing. The managers actually CARE about your development. The work life balance is on point, they know how to reward hard work. The training is the best I’ve ever received.

Cons

No cons. Honestly one of the best experiences I’ve had working in SaaS sales

Advice to Management

Have a little fun. The job is hard enough as it is, and the reps feed off of your energy

Signpost 2019-05-31