Signpost Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Signpost Founder and CEO Stuart Wall
Stuart Wall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This is inside sales, and you will be cold-calling small business owners (in 9 reviews)

• Base salary is completely ridiculous for NYC and the quota goals are unrealistic (in 16 reviews)

"GREAT place"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the past there were difficulties with the culture and transparency of the office, as well as a lack of quality leadership in upper level management. About 3 months into 2017 things took an incredible upswing for the better. The entire culture of the company has shifted in a positive direction. Incredible middle and upper management, a positive shift in culture and transparency from the top down, and a great training program with dedicated resources to make you successful. I’ve never worked for a company that was so enriching and cared about the success of the career advancement of their employees so much. You make your own success here. There is no micromanaging unless you’re performing poorly and if you’re performing poorly it’s your own fault for not following the advice and guidance of veterans and leaders. Unlimited PTO. Two thumbs up!

Cons

I wish there was a 401k match or enhancements to benefits. There is unlimited PTO but you can be pressured into not using it.

2. "An incredible vehicle for success."

Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Strategic Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• High-Volume Cold Call Sales – While most wouldn't list this as a Pro, it is the specific reason Signpost helps employees new to sales, not only grasp it, but to excel in it. The volume gives loads of experience in a very short period of time. It's also an excellent challenge.

• World-Class Training – If you are hired at Signpost in the first place, and don't make it through the training program (A 2-Month Ramp with every resource available,) it's because you didn't work hard enough.

• There isn't room for everyone, and Signpost is a meritocracy. – This is a Pro for me, because I believe in surrounding yourself with the best of the best. Signpost is a lean machine, and doesn't have room for slack. They're forgiving, but if you can't hit your numbers, you're out!

Cons

• You're working in a Start-up! – Adaptability is a must. There is constant change, and some people are left behind when they can't adapt.

• Mediocre Communication – This can always improve. While all companies have to keep their cards close to their chest, oftentimes it feels as if you don't know what's actually going on behind the scenes, as most information from the VPs is only delivered in a monthly All Company Meeting.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus more & more on the well being of your employees! People who stay at Signpost, stay for the people. Happy employees are passionate employees!

"Senior Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing sales training. Constantly learning new things---great managers who really care about your success. Great rewards for top performers and also plenty of opportunity to grow with a great career path. Super fun place to work--company happy hours and activities. The sales team feels like family.

Cons

Very high pressure short cycle sales.. you really have to hustle and focus to succeed and at times it can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making signpost a fantastic place to work! It's nice to be a part of the team.

5. "Franchise Sales Executive"

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

Great manager
    Team first mentality
    Upbeat atmosphere
    Lots of learning

Cons

Change is constant and if you’re not willing to adjust you will struggle. The work is a grind but if you want to succeed anywhere you must be ready to work

Advice to Management

Give employees more of a voice in terms of what can make their jobs more enjoyable.

"Account Executive Sales Position (Full Time)"

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in. Good positive upbeat place to work.

Cons

No real leadership to speak of. Constantly changing things on the fly.

Advice to Management

Stick to a plan and go with it.

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The on boarding and training is fantastic!

Cons

None so far company knows what it is doing!

8. "Very energetic and very informative"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

lots of food, company happy hour, energetic team always willing to help

Cons

high turn over rate. easy to get fired

Advice to Management

give the employees a little more time

"Sales Development Representative - Not for me"

Former Employee - Sales Development Reprasentative in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Development Reprasentative in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of Snacks, keg in office, decent benefits, and lots of company outings/parties

Cons

High metric expectations, bad leads, one size fits all product that doesn't cater to individual businesses. Base pay/commission does not compensate well for the amount of work that you do. I was more successful than most of my colleagues and just got burnt out on the daily metrics of cold calling over 100 businesses and having 150+ minutes of talk time. Also I hated the high energy sales office with loud music and noisy conversations/arguments happening all the time around me. Not worth it to me.

Advice to Management

Get better leads//pay employees more

10. "BEST PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best office culture, great management, really looking to develop talent

Cons

Work load can sometimes be a little overwhelming.

Advice to Management

KEEP IT UP!

11. "National Sales Executive"

Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There have been a lot of great changes. It is a start-up and I've gone through a lot of changes in my time here, but they've led to being a very happy employee. My manager/team lead is amazing and has true New York hustle that has helped me accomplish my sales and personal development goals.

Cons

It's a grind. When you start, expect to cold call. But hard work pays off and being a top performer will get you to your goals.

Advice to Management

The Senior VPs always have our best interest at hearts. I think they do an excellent job of showing that they care about the reps in the company. The national managers are great and the most supportive people on the floor. Keep doing what your doing.