Source Reviews

Updated 30 Jan 2020

4.3
Source Directors Annika de Friend and Sarah James (no image)
Annika de Friend and Sarah James

"I've never worked anywhere like it before..."

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Source full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Source 2 years ago, and I have never worked for a company that is so true to it's values, supports the people, and innovates so much. My manager is always looking at my specific strengths and how I can grow and progress in my own career. Not only that, but they support me with my personal goals and have a massive focus on personal wellbeing. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to work for such a referehsing company.

Cons

Can't complain - no cons!

February 6, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this fantastic review! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying being a part of the Source family. We look forward to seeing you grow in your career and in yourself and helping you every step of the way!

2. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Source full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am still rather new at Source but I have settled in great and get on really well with all of my colleagues. Source has a great atmosphere and I look forward to coming in every day because everyone is friendly, encouraging and motivating. The directors at Source are extremely supportive and will offer you whatever you need to be the best version of yourself; be it professionally or personally. Source offer a great benefits package, one great benefit is flexi hours so you can have a healthy work-life balance and they also take members of staff on trips away so I am hoping to go on one soon! I can see a great future for me at Source and I can't wait to build a successful career here.

Cons

I can't think of any!

January 30, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. And Wow! What a review it is! We're so glad that you're loving life at Source so far, and that you've immediately felt at home. Your review epitomises everything that is important to us, and we're so glad that you've recognised this within such a short space of time. Fingers crossed for the next trip!

3. "Fantastic Company to work for"

Current Employee - Office Manager in London, England

I have been working at Source full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I’ve been at Source for 8 years now, I’ve been promoted from Receptionist to Operations Assistant to Office Manager in that time and the progression is always at the forefront of the business. Source strives to get employees where they want to be and there is a clear progression path to enable you to achieve this. Directors are always on hand to support you and will always listen to your suggestions. The company has a fantastic benefits package including a duvet day, birthday day off, private healthcare, flexi time as well as additional days off you can earn throughout the year. The company also has 2 trip incentives every year so this year I was lucky enough to be taken on an all expenses paid trip to Dubai, you can’t get better than that!

Cons

Source are always striving to be the best and bringing on new technology and systems to ensure they are, which in turn makes my job very busy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way ;)

January 30, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for leaving us this lovely review. We are so lucky to have people who have been in the business for such a long time and are an integral part of the team. It's so great to hear that you're loving life at Source and have progressed so much! Our people are the heart of the business and you are a big part of the Source family. Thank you!

4. "Toxic"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Source full-time

Pros

Nice offices in a good location

Cons

Bad management, toxic culture, bullying.

January 30, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're really sorry to read this and very saddened to hear that you feel this way. Bullying is something that we do not tolerate at all in the business, and if this is something that was happening in the business, it would be addressed immediately and escalated with serious action taken. We really value our business on the people and the values, so bullying is something that is completely not true to our values. We would welcome you to get in touch with us so we can investigate the matter further and ensure this is something that never happens again. Please email me sarah@wearesource.co.uk. Thank you.

5. "Wowsers! A refreshing approach to recruitment."

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Source full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Source back in late August after having only 2 months exposure to recruitment, I won't lie I hadn't heard the greatest things about recruitment and was hesitant before joining. Source very quickly changed my perspective on this. Right from the interview stage to my first day, I was extremely looked after and welcomed. I’ve formed my own style of recruitment and what matches my own personal brand rather than conforming to an old school style of sales. – that just isn’t me! The targets are achievable and my manager is regularly helping and supporting me achieve my personal and work goals. I've recently been promoted to Consultant and have been given very clear and achievable targets on how to get another promotion and a pay rise! Not only have I gained financially, but the people are genuinely A LOT of fun, I've also had the opportunity to join the culture club where we get to organise charity events, team nights out and end of quarter celebrations! The company also has 2 trip incentives every year which also helps drive achieving your goals. Another huge pro is how understanding and open the Directors are. Source welcome suggestions, opinions and thoughts very openly and are happy to listen to anything you think would benefit the company – (they will also reward you £300 if signed off by the board which is a huge bonus!!) I love working at Source and have fallen in love with being a consultant to companies and people to help them further their career and businesses. It's extremely rewarding to support someone with their journey.

Cons

This is really difficult as any con with Source is easily and quickly resolved, my only con was how far I live but the flexi-time has been a great option for me.

January 30, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us this review. We are so pleased to hear that you're loving your time at Source, and we couldn't be happier to hear this! We're going to keep it up and keep encouraging our team and being true to our values - thanks so much. As for the office location, it's great to hear that flexi-time has helped you have a work/life balance, but watch this space, there may be a move on the cards soon...

6. "Associate Consultant"

4.0

I worked at Source full-time

Pros

While working for source the best thing about them is the support structure.

Cons

They have honestly the worst database possible, making small tasks such as adding CV's and notes annoying time-consuming.

January 30, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for writing us a review. We're really pleased that our support structure is recognised. Our values and everything we stand for is based around our people, so this means a lot. As for the database, we've made many investments and improvements to this over the last year, so hopefully, it's much easier to use now!

7. "I had a few options, I chose Source and couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Source full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Source because I felt it was a company that was on the verge of something fantastic. Now I'm here, I'm pleased to say I was right. From everything I've seen so far, the company has gone through quite a bit of change this year but all of it has been done to improve the business and make more money for everyone - which is what we're all here for right?! The directors have a clear view of where they want the business to go and it's a vision that, I think the majority here would agree, is exciting and will give me all the opportunities to build a really successful career here. The office is very welcoming and supportive. I've asked a lot of questions and no matter who I've asked, they have been nothing but friendly and helpful. It's a really enjoyable environment - much different from what I'm used to in other recruitment firms. The directors are great in my opinion. Both Annika and Sarah are full of knowledge and more than happy to help and support me. It's clear that they genuinely care about the company and the people in it. Their attitudes to KPI's is perfect. Like me, they feel that KPI's should be used as a tool to help me understand how I can improve my results, analyse what I do well and how I can improve - not something to beat me over the head with. It's refreshing to be honest and should tell you everything you need to know about Annika and Sarah. They have a really clear idea of who the company should be and they consider the 'Source Way' when making decisions, they don't just take what other companies do and apply it without thinking 'will this actually benefit us and does it feel like the Source Way', I love that. All in all, I'm so pleased I chose Source. I am the happiest I have been in a while and I can only see great things ahead.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single thing. I would have said the database we use is shocking, but the management team recognised that and we are in the process of moving to a new one!

December 20, 2018Creative, Social and Talent Executive

I am beaming with pride reading this, I really am. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Makes me very proud to read this in so many, many ways. Firstly because I am so proud of the team I have at Source and how incredibly supportive, collaborative and welcoming they are to each other. And secondly to have people within the business who take time to understand why change is necessary for business and the people within it to thrive…. There was a famous quote I once heard, “Change is a law of life. For those who look only to the past or present, will certainly miss the future.” With your mindset and our proven framework, you will certainly pave your way to a successful career with us. Thank you so much again for such a positive review.

"Not aware of the decline in good culture."

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Source full-time for more than a year

Pros

- When I joined the people were amazing, very encouraging, good energy and wanted to achieve great things. If you're looking for your first role in recruitment this is the perfect place to learn.

Cons

In the past year, it seemed the business model changed to hiring mostly juniors resulting in an uninspiring place to work, way too much admin for admin sake, meetings for meetings sake. I feel the company isn't aware of the decline in culture after losing several long standing employees. Also, the way they've treated some people (who gave a lot to them!) after leaving is quite simply unacceptable.

December 5, 2018Creative, Social and Talent Executive

I am sad to see that you would find that hiring juniors results in an uninspiring place to work. You may have left before their great successes have been realised, proactively adding to the culture with great ideas and even becoming skills champions within the business. We have always had great success in hiring juniors and part of what I find as my success is being able to provide a framework for this success; our very own Director Sarah started on reception and is one of the best success stories of Source. Unfortunately jobs aren’t for life and out of key people who have left this year, only two were to competitors and the rest have gone on to great things like having babies, travelling and on the path to a change in career. I think it is difficult to judge and comment on situations when you only hear one side of the story.

"Used to be great. Now just like any other kpi-focussed firm"

2.0

I worked at Source full-time

Pros

Nice office Good commission if over target

Cons

Very kpi-focussed these days. Have lost their usp - not sure what actually makes these guys different anymore. Training aint free! If you leave within a certain time you have to pay it back. One of the directors asked to know who wrote the reviews on here whilst I was there - so take a lot of them with a pinch of salt! No ones going to say bad stuff if they know their boss is reviewing who wrote them.

December 5, 2018Creative, Social and Talent Executive

We do use Key Performance indicators within the business. We have invested in the infrastructure to deliver this information as we know how incredibly insightful it is. There is a reason why the world is so hungry for data as ultimately when you understand your data, this is when you can utilise it to improve the performance of your business. In particular we use them to: 1. help people achieve their own personal goals - this is a big focus for us in the business 2. help identify what people need to do to be successful 3. It enables us to celebrate success 4. It is THE most powerful tool when used in conjunction with ratios to quickly spot training and development requirements and enables us to action this quickly I appreciate KPIs has a bad reputation when used poorly within businesses, but when they are used appropriately it can have a hugely positive impact on our consultants’ success, career development and ultimately the service our clients and candidates receive which is and always has been our key focus and what we measure as our success.

10. "A truly unique place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Source part-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is a HUGE pro - every single person that works here is so driven, passionate about doing recruitment right. The office is buzzy and always full of laughter. It is such a positive and inspiring place to work - as am employee you genuinely feel valued and cared about. I love that Source is led by two inspiring women - Sarah and Annika are so switched on and involved in the business. They are open to ideas and are always approachable. The training is brilliant, the progression is completely clear and transparent. The incentives are great and really fair, everyone has the same chance of enjoying incentives, it's not just people at a certain level that qualify. Everyone is genuinely collaborative - everyone is very supportive and helpful, although we're all divided into specialist areas it really doesn't feel like it - it just feels like one big team. The flexible working is great - never having to worry about being late and choosing hours that work for you.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

December 5, 2018Creative, Social and Talent Executive

Thank you for such a lovely review. Really pleased you are enjoying working at Source so much. We have such a diverse group of people, the glue that holds us together is our values, work ethic and our drive to deliver the best recruitment experience for our candidates and clients. Getting this on point means that there is such collaboration and a fantastic culture that we are so very proud of.

Found 37 reviews