Swarovski Reviews

Updated 1 Jul 2020

3.5
Swarovski Executive Board Members Robert Buchbauer, Nadja Swarovski, Mathias Margreiter, Markus Langes-Swarovski (no image)
Robert Buchbauer, Nadja Swarovski, Mathias Margreiter, Markus Langes-Swarovski
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes very slow and hard to achieve sales goals(in 35 reviews)

• "Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing(in 32 reviews)

1. "Good"

5.0

I have been working at Swarovski full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Training provided

Cons

Long hours over Christmas Hard targets

February 14, 2020Global HR Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. If you have any feedback, please feel free to reach out to a member of our HR team, as we truly value constructive feedback from current and former employees as well as from our customers. Once again, we want to thank you for your feedback and wish you much success in your career with Swarovski.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Swarovski full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ongoing training Friendly Family focus Progression Benefits

Cons

Bad online reviews Weekend hours Long shifts Target driven Female teams

March 13, 2020HR Communication Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We wish you much success in your career with Swarovski.

3. "Great team"

4.0
    Former Employee - Business Assistant in London, England

I worked at Swarovski full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in a convenient London office

Cons

lack of flexibility of work

March 9, 2020HR Communication Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We wish you much success in your career and are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.

4. "Good job"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Swarovski full-time

Pros

Good team Good incentives Progression is pushed

Cons

Management needs improving Lack of training

5. "Its ok"

2.0
    Former Employee - Computer Security Analyst

I worked at Swarovski part-time

Pros

Decent pay Bonuses sometimes Incentives

Cons

Not flexible If targets were not met, it was a huge issue

February 17, 2020Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued, and Glassdoor is a platform that helps us understand what our employees are thinking. Of course, we are thrilled to read your list of Pros, as we strive to provide compensation programs that are competitive and rewarded our employees for achieving their goals. As for your Cons: “Not flexible If targets were not met, it was a huge issue", please note our company sets realistic goals for their teams to achieve and at Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Please be assured your review will be shared with Global HR and Upper management and looked into. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future endeavors

6. "Avoid"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at Swarovski full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good discount if you like the product

February 17, 2020Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued, and Glassdoor is a platform that helps us understand what our employees are thinking. We have read your review and we are sorry that you felt during your tenure at Swarovski you had "Unsupportive HR, Managers who lack basic management skills. Unprofessional and no duty of care to staff." Please note at Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Please be assured your review will be shared with Global HR and Upper management and looked into. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future endeavors

7. "Swarovski"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swarovski full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good employee discount Friendly staff

Cons

Bad management Long hours

January 7, 2020Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, at Swarovski we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued, and Glassdoor is a platform that helps us understand what our employees are thinking. Of course, we are thrilled to read your list of Pros: “Good employee discount Friendly staff”, the employee discount is one of the most revered benefits we offer, and we love to see our Sparkling employees wearing our amazing products. We are also glad at your location that you worked with a good team as one of the cornerstones to our success is an inclusive environment where teamwork can flourish. As we are not sure what location you work at, it is not easy to address your concerns " Bad management - Long hours". At Swarovski we strive to create a positive work environment in each of our stores and corporate offices, to achieve this we have an open-door policy and a hotline to allow employees to share their concerns and ensure we address our employees concerns once reported in a timely matter. Our hope is that current employees will share their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company with their immediate supervisor, a member of the HR team or Sr Management. As you are no longer working for us your concerns will be shared with Global HR and Sr Management in the London district as only with open and honest feedback can we improve the work environment. Once again, we want to thank you for leaving a review and to wish you much success in your future endeavors.

8. "Great learning experience, undervalued by management"

Former Employee - Client Service Executive in Chiswick, England

I worked at Swarovski full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You learn a lot, quickly. If you push for it, you can get a better understanding of the other departments but only if your line manager gives the go ahead

January 7, 2020Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. From your review it appears you felt undervalued and for this we are sorry. We are however thrilled that you list as Pros: “You learn a lot, quickly…”, learning and development are the cornerstone of our success and provide employees with opportunity for advancement and to learn skills they can use throughout their careers. Here at Swarovski we have an excellent record of promoting from within and working with associates during the mid-year and year-end reviews, to create an Individual development plan and to identify what they need to do to achieve their short and long-term career goals and move to the next level. As for your Cons: “Salary does not meet the job title. Especially in the Operations department, you end up with more responsibility but this isn't reflected in your base salary.”. please note our wages are based on competitive market research and in many roles, we have also implemented a bonus system to reward our employees for their performance above and beyond their base pay. We also our proud as part of our compensation to offer a full benefits package to all Full-Time Employees and a modified benefits package for Part-Time Employees and this has enhanced our pay. Although you may have been felt undervalued, we want to tthank you for taking the time to leave a review and to let you know your feedback will be shared with our compensation team and further investigated.

"Atelier Swarovski"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Swarovski full-time for more than a year

Pros

State of the art Mayfair office, creative environment, healthy snacks, half Friday once a month, unique opportunity to interact with Board Member, product discount and sample sales. Family owned and profitable. Very impressive organisation with a lot of truly exciting projects. Great place to work for driven, dynamic and flexible individuals. Depending on the role - opportunities to travel to other beautiful Swarovski offices and collaborate on common initiatives.

Cons

Reactive environment. Many activities and events can be better pre-planned to avoid constant reprioritising and associated extra cost.

December 3, 2019Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued and can envision themselves in the organization long term. However, we understand your frustration about what must seem a “Reactive environment” and appreciate your advice that “Many activities and events can be better pre-planned to avoid constant re prioritizing and associated extra cost.” However the nature of the business sometimes dictates that we re-prioritizing our projects and although their can be a cost involved, no amount of planning can foresee every possible need to change and redirect our priorities. But I can assure you that we are constantly forecasting and planning in advance and what makes us a successful company is our ability to re-prioritizing and redirect our efforts to achieve our goals. If you would like to further address your concerns I want to make sure you are aware of our open-door policy, here at Swarovski we value our employees feedback and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR at any time to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees, can we improve and remain relevant in today’s ever-changing world. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future with Swarovski.

10. "Sell goods to consumers"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swarovski part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, team rewards

Cons

Work isn't flexible, staff weren't great

January 7, 2020Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We are of course, thrilled to read your Pros: “Good pay, team rewards” as we strive to create an environment where teamwork can flourish and thus focus on a team bonus/reward verses individual commission. At Swarovski we feel that when we work as a team, we are better able to achieve our goals and provide superior customer service. As for your comment “Work isn't flexible, staff weren't great” we are disappointed that you were unhappy with the schedule and team. However as much as we try to accommodate our staff with regards to scheduling, the nature of the retail business does dictate working a variable schedule and we are not always able to work around other commitments. As for the staff, we do strive to create an inclusive environment and encourage our employees to share any concerns with their manager, a member of HR or Upper Management. Our Global Retail Bonus Program, was in fact created to compensate our associates based on the achievement entire store and the company, verses the individual to in fact foster a team environment. We are sorry that you had a negative experience and hope to welcome you back into our stores as customer, we also want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Found 713 reviews