The AA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 de Nov 2019

2.7
The AA CEO Simon J. Breakwell
Simon J. Breakwell
Pros
  • "Working hours are fairly flexible and you can take up to a 2hr lunch if you want and you get free breakdown cover(in 10 reviews)

• "GREAT PEOPLE, LOTS OF EXPIERENCE AT FRONTLINE, great brand history, iconic brand, great products and service for members(in 8 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at The AA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

people, location, team work and benefits,

Cons

lots of red tape and can be quite unforgiving

The AA2019-10-16
  2. "Insight at the AA"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at The AA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent teamwork and a real customer service focus

Cons

Internal communication could be better

The AA2019-11-19
  3. "Stay AA?"

Current Employee - Renewals Agent in Cheadle, North West England, England

I have been working at The AA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Staff are engaged at every level, free breakdown cover (after a year), reasonable pension, employee share plan available (for those brave enough).

Cons

Systems sometimes adversely affect efficiencies of front-line staff. Obtaining work-life balance is more difficult with constantly changing shifts.

Advice to Management

Please improve the systems that from-line staff use, and give more choice when shift patterns are next reviewed.

The AA2019-10-30

"A struggling business with no data and questionable strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England

I have been working at The AA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work environment is relaxed , unfortunately to such extent that failing to meet deadlines has become the norm. Feels like a family - mostly because many employees have been there for 10+ years so no longer challenge status quo, are not prone to change and in some cases have become very complaisant.

Cons

Entire data sets are wrong, which prevents any sort of insightful analysis. Despite spending tenth of millions of pounds every year on a data transformation project, we seem to go backwards ! Beware if you seek a job in data management, finance or insights. You simply won't be able to do your job properly - It's become so bad that the company is virtually unable to tell the number of customers on their books - oh,... and that's certainly not 15m as stated on the company overview page! The HR function is virtually inexistant/useless. I hired several staff members during my time at the AA and was never supported through the process . I suppose you will find out if you apply for a job and interview with them Consequently the overall talent acquisition process is biais, based on hiring managers' preferences rather than the actual skills applicants could bring to the business. Job's perks are not great - I mean breakdown cover is hardly a glorious benefit ! No gym on site. Surprising for an HQ of that size and considering the bulding's upper floors are mostly empty. It's probably due to the asbestos in the structure ( true fact !)

Advice to Management

Brace yourselves - I suspect a bunch of execs will be replaced in the next 18months as projects delivery on all fronts continue to slip, and we continue to loose customers at a faster rate than ever before. Many commercial directors are also looking to exit, which won't help address those issues. Good luck the AA!

The AA2019-10-25
  5. "Excellent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Patrolman in Basingstoke, England

I have been working at The AA full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have a voice within the company Meeting different people everyday No two days are the same Payed well Company very good

Cons

No cons at all what so ever

Advice to Management

N/A

The AA2019-10-10
  6. "Questionable Management"

Current Employee - Complaints Handler in Cheadle, North West England, England

I have been working at The AA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic, friendly colleagues. The building is nice and bright.

Cons

Do not dare to complain or report managers. Duty of care is only a phrase, not an action. Grievance procedure is one sided. Best not to even attempt it as they will make your working life unbearable. I've finally realised I can't face it anymore so I'm leaving. No job to go to, but anything is better than this.

Advice to Management

Higher Management would benefit from listening to the ordinary staff rather than just trusting and believing what department managers and team leaders are saying.

The AA2019-10-23

"Agent"

Former Employee - Customer Advisor

I worked at The AA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training provided helps to make job easier

Cons

Hours can be long and awkward depending on your lifestyle

The AA2019-10-04
  8. "Telephony"

Current Employee - Tech Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at The AA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great business, needs to invest in IT

Cons

Opportunities are not very frequent

Advice to Management

Look within the business to recruit

The AA2019-09-25
  9. "Downhill and not stopping"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheadle, North West England, England

I have been working at The AA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Previously decent environment and people, but more are leaving after new management/ownership. Having the Union close by helps - if you join this place, you'll need it.

Cons

- Prepare to work 10+ years with zero progression and awful commission. No, really. I've been here 5 years and you wont progress unless someone dies, but even then you'll be in a big queue of 'team leaders'. - There are a hundred 'team leaders' and 'managers' now who couldn't direct urine into a bucket, let alone direct a team. Any 'future leadership' programmes they tell you about lead to nothing and have lots... of people on them. - Management will do anything to not pay commission. Be prepared to have months of commission poured down the drain for a single mistake on a call. They have a quota to pull people up on performance - Trust me, it's awful and Ive seen it all. - Blind leading the blind - team managers criticize tasks they cant do themselves, and cant keep their emotions in check. Junior leading the junior. - Senior Management will pretend to be your best friend and care about employees, but will just as easily go behind your back to throw you under the bus. Awful false environment. - People I started with years back have mostly left now, because of the absolute joke this place has become. - Humiliating practices to 'boost performance' such as pointless training and meetings with managers, who would fail if they came back to sales or outbound themselves. - CEO will never show up. Far too busy 'improving performance' by keeping people's commission.

Advice to Management

Restructure, get rid of the team leaders who cant lead, and stop messing people on their commission. Arent you wondering why so many people are leaving?

The AA2019-10-25
  10. "The AA review"

Former Employee - National Complaints Manager in Cheadle, North West England, England

I worked at The AA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance. Reasonable salaries

Cons

Reluctant to change and things are done very slowly. Not enough connection with other companies

The AA2019-10-03