The Knowledge Academy Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Barinder Hothi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are many opportunities across all departments all of which are very helpful and supportive" (in 4 reviews)

• "As it is a fast growing company, lots of opportunity to grow with the company" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours leaving you with no social life" (in 10 reviews)

• "The hours are quite long at 8-6 weekdays but after a while you get used to it and it doesn't seem as long" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Working at TKA"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bracknell, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bracknell, England

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Happy Environment
    + Talveer is very approachable and is always willing to help
    + Team incentives are always good
    + Get on with your job and left to do so
    + Progression is encouraged

Cons

I have non at present

2. "First 6 months, was the best time of my life. Last 7 months, probably the worst"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Bracknell, England
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Bracknell, England

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally great people to work with, a nice young environment, commission at first was good if you put work in, then they changed the structure and the issues started.

Stefan and Talveer helped a lot but that was as far as the help went.

Cons

The Senior Leadership team could do with thinking about the staff from time to time rather than just themselves.

regularly hit target and did very well, only to have CEO laugh me out after handing in my notice. not the best way to make some one feel wanted and change their mind on leaving

Advice to Management

Spend more time with your employees before you make them feel unwanted and force them out the door.

3. "Run!!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bracknell, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Bracknell, England

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant colleagues

My manager was great (shame everyone above him was terrible)

MD Barinder seemed nice, though we didn't get to speak to her much.

Cons

No progression

Terrible wage

Unachievable targets

CEO didn't know how to behave. Once said we were raping the company when we sold our flagship product.

You will do well only if you're related to the CEO Dilshad and his wife.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin, you've got a lot of work to do.

4. "AVOID"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck at the end of the month

Cons

Long hours, extremly high staff turnover, little-none mangement support, low pay and no acknowledgement. Awful atmostphere to work in

Advice to Management

Listen to why people leave and change your policies

5. "Some great people but lack of consistency and process"

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time

Pros

Some very intelligent, hard working and principled people working there.

Cons

Inconsistent practices and lack of consistent structure and wording in contracts.

6. "The Knowledge Academy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to make good money and the social life is good. Of course we all want shorter hours but you get used to it after a while. I really don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying on here but everyone has they're own experience.
    TKA gives young people a chance to get into office based jobs without loads of experience. They will train you and you do feel a bond with your team.
    Occasionally they will show appreciation buy having a tab at the local pub or treats and champagne in the morning.

Cons

As mentioned the hours are long and the kitchen can get messy after lunch.

Advice to Management

More regular incentives, Summer party!!

7. "Strange Company"

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time

Pros

If you beat your target you get on an accelerator meaning you can double the commission you earn. you could take home £2000+ (a lot more depending on how well you did) but thats only if you really smash your target

Help is there when needed.

Incentives from time to time if you perform a certain task well at the job which can vary from vouchers to trips abroad.

Good experience if you're a school leaver or graduate.

Commission on everything you sell with £500 (full target) being the max before tax.

If you truly want to work in sales you can be team leader quickly depending on how hard you work.

Cons

I was told in my interview that 90% of the people on the sales floor hit full target regularly. I can't speak for all teams but in mine that was certainly not the case. Nobody was hitting target regularly, people weren't even hitting half target regularly to be honest but a few would, half target is £250 commission before tax. It wasn't due to laziness as we all worked hard but targets were unrealistic i believe.

Salary is poor, most people on the floor are on 16-18k for those wondering. If you hit full target you'll be looking at 20-22k OTE. In addition to this working hours are 8-6pm. On a salary like that and the hours you're working you're probably barely earning above minimum wage. Most people there are very young so i don't think some of them no any better, most people would leave unless they are desperate for work or need experience.

Targets being hit regularly are very unrealistic as during my time there very few people did it and it was usually a one off thing with the following month sometimes being quite bad or back to normal with no target being hit.

Again i can't speak for all teams but a lot of luck is involved in this job, it's what everyone would say. One month a customer in your account might require a big amount of courses that will help you hit target. Another month you won't, no matter how hard you try and yet if you're far from your target you get a bollocking even though sometimes it's completely out of your hands. Some accounts are better than others simple as that. There was new comer who got a deal in his first 3 days and was the first person to hit full target in his team due to that ONE account he had. Of course it was only the one time, the month before he quit he was literally looking at a 0 month if not for one deal that would save him. He quit a few weeks later.

I don't believe hardwork is valued that much in this company but thats my personal opinion. I've seen a lot of people put in effort in this job and still get asked 'do you want to be here?' 'I don't think you're hungry enough' maybe management say that to motivate people to work harder but otherwise im not sure. Some people there are quite laid back but are fortunate enough to have good accounts to help reach target.

I was told in my interview that the company doesnt have a high turnover yet ive seen many come and go. Some people on the floor who were classed as good would also leave. If you're heard saying anything negative about the company you're fired. This isn't even a joke as it's what i've witnessed. The irony is that most people there would complain from time to time but the managers never realised.

Targets vary from team to team yet we are all on the same leaderboard...?

Training was there but it could have been longer, better and more organised.

No one works hard from 8-9 and from 5-6 as customers are usually not as active. So perhaps working hours should be amended.

One of my colleagues said he found it hard to be motivated to work there due to the salary and commission not being very good and he was classed as a 'good' worker and yet even he would say some luck is involved and definately didn't hit target regularly. People struggle to once a while hit target so smashing your target to earn that HUGE commission is almost a myth.

A lot of strange hirings. How can you hire someone that comes into an interview in trainers? Someone came into a the office in casual clothing once and another in tracksuit bottoms. Have never seen that in places i've worked before and probably won't again.

Advice to Management

Take constructive criticisms, maybe what people are saying are true.

"Working at The Knowledge Academy"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Bracknell, England
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Bracknell, England

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great social atmosphere. Good place to get on with everyone.

Cons

I feel as though job roles and work rates need to be remeasured to justify the amount of hard work and graft some teams/employees.

Advice to Management

I advise all managers to increase the amount of reviews (Not relating to pay or anything in particular). More of a performance review of how we can achieve better results and be more pro-active. I feel Manager's also need to show their staff that we are appreciated and not just a number as sometimes it can feel that way as per most organisations.

"Can not reccomend"

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to enjoy your peers company, work can be slightly more bearable.
    Some (very few) managers are invested in helping develop the staff force.

Cons

Very greedy, back stabbing, tense often nasty environment to work in. Senior management is corrupt and backwards, they tend to use bullying tactics to get the employees to work for them. Some members of staff involved in the lies fed from above, these members of staff tend to walk around with their nose in the air as if there paying everyone's wages.

Little to no support. Targets raised at least once a month to an even more unrealistic number to the month before.

Promotions depend on how matey you are with your superior as oppose to hard work.

They have a clever way of turning enthusiastic ready to work young people just stepping into an office environment into disheartened, deflated and stressed beings.

Advice to Management

Get out of business.

10. "Great company with amazing progression"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Officer
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Officer

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in a great team and we all bounce off each other. We work in a highly stressful environment so having a great team really helps.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit stressful and I think people need to understand that note

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff, some of us have some great ideas!