The Knowledge Academy Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Barinder Hothi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • As someone who had never worked on an office before this is a great place to gain valuable experience (in 4 reviews)

• There are many opportunities across all departments all of which are very helpful and supportive (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and huge pressure will make you want to leave within the first week (in 11 reviews)

• The hours are quite long at 8-6 weekdays but after a while you get used to it and it doesn't seem as long (in 5 reviews)

"An incredible place to work"

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time

Pros

Supported by owners who have real vision, drive and ambition, it is a privilege to work alongside such successful people. With great teams, friendly colleagues and great offices to work in.

Cons

If you want somewhere to do as little as possible then this is not for you. High performance is expected.

"Poor Ethics and Management"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bracknell, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bracknell, England

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good colleagues and comraderie between staff
    Always been paid on time and correctly
    When you finsh at 6 everyone walks out - you're not expected to stay a minute longer or take your work home

Cons

Rude and aggressive owners who will come in and start screaming, swearing and shouting at staff in front of everyone.
    Disorganised vision and execution by senior management. No one knows what's going to change next and it's aways later than expected.
    Unrealistic sales targets
    Poor availability of onsite parking for number of staff
    Long hours of 8-6, with no wor done between 5-6 (people litterally sit chatting or on their mobile phones - it's pointess)
    High staff turnover
    No flexability of working hours or home situation taken into account
    Monthly sales targets never received until 2-3 days into the month

Advice to Management

Communicate clearly your proposals to staff and seek their advice. Have a clear plan to implement them and do so on time.
    If you want to double or treble your revenue, raising everyones' targets by 100%/200% won't achieve this on its own!

"Experienced salespeople/account mangers AVOID!"

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The role itself is easy: short sales processes and the clients are interested in the products
    - TKA have a good hold on the project management training market

Cons

- Senior management have no experience from other organisations and so the CEO and MD (husband and wife) make all decisions (slowly with little strategic thinking and limited guidance from ill experienced middle management)
    - All salespeople, including senior BD professionals are treated as though they are expendable
    - Poor delivery on the products sold which often results in the loss of large clients and numerous individuals
    - The sales teams don't get the resources they need - e.g. senior external salespeople had remote access to emails removed (with no explanation)
    -Sales targets are set monthly with a number plucked from thin air
    -Sales commission is calculated from the monthly target
    - Horrendous staff turnover and work culture - only one HR employee (with no HR background or qualifications) for 250+ employees in the UK
    -The business has used GDPR as an excuse to make knee-jerk changes with little or no grounding in the actual legislation and with no communication/explanation to the wider business
    - No obvious career path or progression, as most of the managers are related to the CEO
    - The business is writing fake reviews (both on here and Truspilot) to try to improve their very poor reputation

Advice to Management

- Hire senior managers with experience (from other organisations) or seek help from management consultants
    - Give senior salespeople the resources they need to achieve the (unrealistic) targets set
    - Make the interview process longer. You cant get a feel for a person from one half hour meeting. Similarly the individual can't get a feel for the business in the same time frame
    - Hire some more events people - 2 in the UK is not enough for an organisation the size of TKA
    - Set realistic targets and the sales teams will stay motivated
    - Create more structure to the business with clear career progression plans

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sounds great on paper but management are are bunch of idiots

Cons

Avoid like the plague

Advice to Management

Leave the country

5. "Great Progression"

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lively and social office atmosphere
    Opportunity to grow within the company
    Company rapidly growing
    Great incentives for hard work

Cons

Not enough car parking

Advice to Management

Relocate to a bigger office with sufficient parking

6. "Interesting work Environment"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Bracknell, England
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Bracknell, England

I worked at The Knowledge Academy full-time

Pros

Enthusiasm; anything can happen, surprises.

Cons

changes rapidly; unsure of whats next.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.

7. "Sales Executive"

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Water Machine. Windows. Chairs. Canteen.

Cons

Lack of training. Poor ethics. Long Hours. AL is not honoured.

Advice to Management

Please note that everything will be hyped up at the interview and in reality it's nothing like they say. You work long hours, they won't honour any AL you've agreed before you start the job and the lengthy process they have in place to book AL makes it a chore to settle. The moment I realised that I don't like TKA was when I was questioned how I didn't make a sale because a delegate was going through bereavement. So I showed empathy and a little bit of compassion and explained I'll contact this person again in X months time. Apparently I should have made the sale and not care about her "excuses". So that's the philosophy this company has, if you're into that sort of ethical behaviour then it's for you. Oh and don't expect any training on Products or if it's your first sales job, there's non of that at TKA so you better start fast or else you might not be here for long, it's known to be like a revolving door at TKA.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camberley, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camberley, England

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As someone who had never worked on an office before this is a great place to gain valuable experience. The girl Amy who interviewed me made me feel really comfortable, welcomed and excited for the role.

There are so many people in the office it's impossible not to make great friends who are always willing to help the newbies.

There's a free gym and a cafe downstairs that have great food and the nicest chef!

Sometimes the CEO will pay for everyone to have lunch and order pizza for us and we have free tea and coffee from the vending machine.

You get an hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks and they're really lenient on if you want to go for a cigarette throughout the day.

The CEO is really involved and values the opinion of my team.

I've heard amazing things about the Christmas party!

Cons

The car park needs more spaces

Advice to Management

more healthy free lunches :)

9. "Lovely place to work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunities, I've only been here for two years and I'm already head of a team. There is a lovely team/office atmosphere, every one is willing to help each other with what ever they may need. There is so much on the job training available that it's doesn't matter if you have little experience! Lots of incentives and often get offered free lunches!

Cons

There isn't that much parking available so you do need to come in a little earlier to make sure you can get a space.

Advice to Management

More healthier options in the vending machine

10. "Working For The Knowledge Acadmey"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bracknell, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bracknell, England

I have been working at The Knowledge Academy (More than a year)

Pros

I currently work at the knowledge academy and have done for nearly 2 years. I am extremely grateful that they have given me the opportunity to work for this company.
    The office has a friendly atmosphere and its a great place to work. The management are always involved in the work place which i think is a very positive outcome for the staff.
    The company has grown at a very fast pace and there is many opportunities to progress. The annual review gives you targets to stick to which can help you learn more within the job. People who work for the knowledge academy are happy and friendly and everyone gets along. I would recommend this job to any of my friends or family looking for a great place to work.
    Its a laid back environment which is enjoyable. I love working for a young office work place.

Cons

its 20p for hot chocolate