Tintri Reviews

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 223 of over 238 reviews

3.1
Tintri CEO Alex Bouzari (no image)
Alex Bouzari
Pros
  • "Great people and product - just went IPO - lots of hard work ahead(in 20 reviews)

• "Great product that delivers on it's promises(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Common growing pains of a start-up(in 8 reviews)

• "C-level management feels very lost(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

214 Comments

Tech

81.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tintri~615047
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Starter Review - UK

Oct 23, 2017 - Regional Sales Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great team in the UK - Very welcoming unit based in the City. Excellent opportunity to position a truly differentiated offering in to any sectors and organisation whether SMB or Global.

Cons

Nothing really than the we need to change the mindset of our prospective customers or they will miss out.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cause I have to, Glassdoor

Jul 16, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Local, Management, Product, Package, except for stocks

Cons

Exec, C-Level Management, Board, IPO, Product?

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Still owe me money from failed IPO

Apr 30, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative (BDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good technology, good customer base

Cons

Still owe me money from ipo

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

NO SUPPORT, UNACHIEVABLE TARGETS, BULLYING, SEXUAL HARASSMENT, DISCRMINATION & UNFAIR DISMISSAL

Apr 5, 2021 - ISR- Inside Sales Representative in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zero positives for intelligent women

Cons

When I started my role,me being a woman, and had my first conversation with a female colleague, the first thing she told me was, that she had been bullied at Tintri. I sent her the eBook "Bullying- what every target needs to know"after our chat. The induction training was mainly online self training. During my month of self study which I found boring and inefficient, my mentor was on holidays for 2 weeks. Right at the start of my first online Zoom meeting with the 1 colleague I was supposed to work closest with and support, and the other colleague on our "team", they were both male, one of them showed me an erect.... You know ... This was perhaps the most degrading moment of my life. I am sure they had planned this. They knew I could not do anything because I had just started. Later I got another colleague to work with and support, and he was also a male. He had another full-time job as CEO and Owner of his own company. He presented both his company logo and the Tintri logo on his LinkedIn profile. I couldn't figure this one out. My colleagues did not want to create a team with me, I was the only woman. There was no information sharing. They complained that I was sending too many emails. One colleague, the one who was in the first Zoom Team Meeting and only watched and not interfered, announced that he did not want to work with me anymore because I was sending him too many emails. He changed his mind later and was happy to work with me. The other colleague wanted me to do his research jobs. He did aggressive call- in s into my direct phone line while I was on calls with prospects. These calls came out of the blue, totally unannounced. Then he kept me on the phone, sometimes for 20 minutes. He demanded that I show him via screenshare how I work. He also demanded that I do not take part in 1 meeting and 1 virtual conference, I couldn't figure this out, either. He also insisted that he needs to see my calender details. He did not respond to my chat and emails. The work with my 2 "closest" colleagues was frightening, stressful and debilitating. I remember one time, I got a call on my direct line, and the colleague yelled at me why I had complained that I was unable to get hold of him. I remember also another time, when one colleague got a sort of a choleric anger and curse attack while I was on the phone with him and raided that his salary had been cut by 20% . One of my colleagues reached his targets by sitting on renewals. He told me that from time to time a Tintri partner managed to find a new customer. Both of my two male colleagues had worked at Tintri before it went bankrupt and were then hired by DDN who had bought Tintri. It is a chronic thing as to how many Tintri and Western Digital and other acquired employees ghost through Tintri. My work set up was chaotic. My remit included way over 20 countries. I had to help another team as well and set up trials for them. I had also to generate meetings for a third colleague. I had to do 65 calls per day which was changed to 75 and then again to 65. I had to send out 75 personalized emails per day, then the figure was put down to 65. And I had book one Meeting per day. My work included also lead generation via LinkedIn, TechTarget and SalesNavigator because no or not many quality contacts were provided. I had no channel and at the beginning no marketing support in my region. The targets are unrealistic and unachievable without partner campaigns. I had only 1 partner campaign in 7 months, this campaign was very successful. One colleague said that at a leading storage company where he worked he had to do only 9 Meetings per quarter, at Tintri it's 30. EVERY DAY we got an email with our individual performance numbers as compared to each other on that day. My email and call numbers were always wrong and ridiculously low because I had to work work mainly with non GDPR compliant data that did not show up in Salesforce Analytics. Although I work in the UK where I have a right to take holidays, I had to create a Mitigation Plan to be then allowed to take my statutory guaranteed Christmas and New Year holidays. The plan that I had to submit had to show that I would work extremely hard before the holidays, e.g. do 100 calls per day, send 100 emails per day, etc. One of my colleagues left at that time, and another colleague said it had to do with him being unwilling to do the Mitigation Plan. I couldn't figure this one out. The turnover in my department is very high. Except one male colleague, all my other colleagues left while I was there. Out of 10 Meetings that are booked, only half or maybe one develops into a sale. One company who I prospected told me that Tintri have zero or zero point 5 percent marketshare. Other prospects said that because of the bankcruptcy before DDN bought them, they do not trust Tintri and are unsure of its future. My predecessor, who was a male, told me he worked 8 hours every day without a lunch break and got completely burnt out to reach his targets. The stress levels are exceptionally high and not healthy. I had no time for lunch breaks either. I got pain in my ears because of wearing the headset and doing mass calling. My eyesight deteriorated. I worked a lot of overtime. Everyone in my department knows that they get fired if they do not reach their targets and make their KPIs. Amazingly, this is different in other departments where employees do not reach their targets and do not get fired. I can't figure out, either, why it is not clear that new starters need a ramp up period which is standard practice eveywhere. Also, quota are the same as before Covid as if the pandemic is not having an effect. Neither can I figure out the long probation periods of 6 months and 10 months. I think most people in my department are put on extended probation periods. My other colleague who was also on an extended probation period, left. I had reached my quota & KPIs when I had my only performance review in 7 months that showed up as performance review in my calender. I was reassured that my performance was great. Some people had complained about me, I was told. But not, who, and not about what. I then disclosed the sexual harassment and talked about the bullying. Two days later I was fired. I heard that after I was fired, the person who managed me, resigned. I was told that I was fired only because of my performance. As my performance had been very good and I had reached quota and was among the top performers in my department, I can't figure this out, either.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Changed for the better

May 19, 2020 - Lead Development Representative in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since the acquisition by DDN, Tintri is a very competently managed company and continues to invest in the development and progression of employees which creates a really good team dynamic within a very impressive group of individuals.

Cons

I havent yet come across any major downsides.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture!

Aug 16, 2019 - Sales in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- very good culture, which created great collaboration top-down/bottom -up, - shared belief of being able to do great things, above market product, great customer success, very happy customers

Cons

- very difficult industry with big sharks, sales cycles are tough with - little adaptation from top management, CXO did a poor job to drive everyone in the right direction at the time (2018)

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not sure why I'm wasting my breath!

Oct 23, 2018 - Senior Systems Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a great place to work and our customers are amazing. I had huge confidence in Tom Barton and it went horribly wrong the day he left as there was no other capable management!

Cons

We didn't get paid for the month of June, notice, holiday, pension or expenses.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

ISR

Jun 25, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great technology, customers and team

Cons

Management has led us astray

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Never trust Keiran Harty & other Board of Directors

Jul 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none - Phone call to lay of entire UK, Germany & Netherlands Offices with no pay for a full months work in June - no notice period, redundancy, holiday pay nothing - Liquidators put in even before the company had bid for liqudation and still nothing 2 weeks later - Board of Directors or HR not replying to any UK staff emails they owe us thousands !! I say again NEVER TRUST KEIRAN HARTY double check where Board of Directors have worked before you start any other US comapany

Cons

A repeat of above shocking, rude, unprofessional and law breaking

11 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Full time employe

Jun 29, 2018 - Tech in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, product and customers

Cons

CEO Ken Klein , CFO Ian Halifax and CTO Kieran Harty destroyed a lovely company with a good product and great customers. Also poor marketing leadership of Yael Zheng and useless CPO Camellia Ngo.They haven't a clue how to run a start-up !

14 people found this review helpful