Victoria's Secret Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Les Wexner

5,233 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Could improve work life balance of associates" (in 288 reviews)

• "No work-life balance - do not work here if at uni/school" (in 96 reviews)

1. "overview"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in London, England

I worked at Victoria's Secret full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the best company to work for they train you promote you make you feel part of the company

Cons

I do not have any cons

2. "Good for students!"

I have been working at Victoria's Secret full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free products and good staff discount.

Cons

Early and overnight shifts are a struggle if you have uni.

3. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time

Pros

Good company to work for.
    Great perks, like staff discount.
    Opportunity to earn more money on top of your pay through SPAH.
    Opportunities for some to be part of different teams within the store, for example working on shop floor, stock room, merchandising etc.

Cons

Nepotism was sometimes present between particular management and other employees that was working during certain shifts.
    Also a overly competitive environment which other staff would try and assist a customer that they knew you were helping and not caring at all.
    Expectations were sometimes high regarding attaining your SPAH during non-peak times.

4. "Fun to work at"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in London, England
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in London, England

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- lovely staff
    - good discount
    - good training

Cons

- what days you work every week varies
    - very high pressure and busy

5. "Please do not work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Victoria's Secret full-time

Pros

pay not bad for students

Cons

I worked in the Stratford Westfield store & Their training is terrible, they throw you on the tills your first day by yourself with no help, and a massive queue, if there is money missing at the end of the day they’ll blame you simply because you’re new! I was also threatened by staff for forgetting to state names of people who gained sales as it’s a commissioned based job there is so much hostility & competition-and they put pressure on you to make sales for their crappy over priced products. The hours are also ridiculous be prepared to be working from 9 am to 11 pm at night

Advice to Management

Actually train people properly, commission based work should be stressed in the interview so people know what they’re getting into.

6. "Awful"

I have been working at Victoria's Secret full-time

Pros

None everything you did was never good enough

Cons

Management and staff were bullies and pushy. Everyone i started with and lots of long time staff quit whilst i was there

Advice to Management

Rehire your management

7. "*PLEASE READ* WORST STORE TO WORK IN"

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time

Pros

The amazing staff memebers! Shame the management can’t be as wonderful as them.

Cons

I have worked in retail for 6-7 years and I have NEVER worked in a store like this. As I was a huge fan of Victoria’s Secret this store did nothing but completely destroy my passion for the brand. I have never worked in these conditions where managers are unbearable to work with. The management team make you demotivated when things don’t go right and make you feel like it is your fault. The management team become so involved in staff members lives they try to break friendships by talking in their office about other staff members behind their backs which in my opinion is completely unprofessional. When you receive a break in work management constantly ask ‘what time are you back’ which makes breaks uncomfortable as you feel like you have to rush back because with lack of staff management become stressed and put so much pressure on you to return to the shop floor. Some working days involve starting at 6am and on a few occasions managers couldn’t even turn up on time which left me to stand outside the shop for hours waiting for them to arrive, if staff members are late they receive what they call ‘file notes’ however when managers are late nothing gets done about it and they get away with it which is unacceptable. The delivery shifts turn out to be factory work which made staff dislike the delivery role they where set out to do as things had to be done in an unrealistic time frame. Night shifts where terrible. So unorganised and you wouldn’t even get asked to stay on longer if the work wasn’t complete which caused problems with lack of sleep. Once completing a night shift you where made to start work the next day at 6am which would make me sick every time however management didn’t solve this and still put me on constant night shifts after I complained about them because they become to much. You would never receive breaks on time there was a time I did a whole 6 hours into my 9 hour day and management only realised I needed a break which is against the law as after 6 hours into working a break is needed. I was completely worked down to the ground in this store which made my health deteriorate and I visited the doctors regularly over my health as working in this type of environment made me ill physically, emotionally and mentally. This store is so unorganised it makes it such a hard place to work and this results in unhappy staff members. On a few occasions where I had to phone in sick certain members of the management team would make you feel bad about being ill which couldn’t be helped. This place is the worst place I have ever worked in and coming from an ex fan of Victoria’s Secret it’s nothing but a shame and I will never return to work in any Victoria’s Secret stores. DO NOT APPLY!!!

Advice to Management

All management need to be replaced and if that’s not possible then they need to be retrained on how to be a professional manager.

8. "ignore all the good reviews this company is HELL to work for"

Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Liverpool, England

I worked at Victoria's Secret (Less than a year)

Pros

Gratis/ free gifts
    friendly staff

Cons

long hours
    poor management

Advice to Management

working with this company make you mentally and emotionally unstable, you never get the praise you deserve, holidays never get accepted it is like you are working in a prison, management are really twofaced and very unprofessional and also very jealous! victorias secret works you to the ground to the point associates were getting really ill but management did not consider out health, have to share ear pieces which is disgusting!!!! and really unhygienic, you are entitled to free things every month but management would make you work and hit targets for it, all round unprofessional and unfair company, ive never been so happy since i left.

9. "Worst Company to work for!! * PLEASE READ."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Liverpool, England

I worked at Victoria's Secret full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some of the most amazing friendships at my time in there. Made some friends for life.
    30% Discount - which used little off.

Cons

Firstly, the management system is the worst I have come across with the 6 years I have worked in Retail. Do NOT follow values, ( which is one of their company rules) They gossip & slate members of staff in the office and get away with this to HR. Management do not look out for you when it comes to your personal health, happiness and well being, which is a BIG concern.
    Associates have lost out on holiday pay since the store opened in 2016, Management do not help or guide you in the right way for this and is dismissed.
    In experience you are treated like a number and are easily replaced at the end of the day.
    Management are unprofessional and try to involve themselves in your personal life outside of work, social media etc.
    Work hours are ridiculous, work around management than your personal life, early shifts to late shifts, in which sometimes have been illegal with rest hours.
    Management do not follow correct procedures in the work place when it comes to health & safety, rota's and always cover up information when HR come into the workplace.
    Since opening in 2016, the mental health of former and current associates has been disgusting to witness and happen to. No one is happy to work there and the amount of associates who have left in the space of 6 months is very concerning and shocking.
    Management Do not follow there main values and company policy, which are the 'open door policy' - as they slate and degrade associates and get away with this!!
    The 'company digital media' value - slate associates on group work chats, which is a sackable offence and the value "it matters how we play the game' as this is not followed by any management.
    I advise any person to not apply for Victoria's Secret for their own mental health as they are bullies to one another, degrading and unprofessional!!

Advice to Management

My advise would to be, look at each member of your management and see do they bring any values to the table in this work place. To also hire professional, respectable people who will bring values, happiness and respect for each associate left in this company. I would also advise the store manager, to look at figures of how many people have left in the last year and the reasons for this caused. The Liverpool one store is a sad, emotional, horrific place to work at.

10. "VERY POOR MANAGEMENT AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE ETHIC WHATSOEVER"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in London, England

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of a single “pro” because I am so disillusioned with this company

Cons

All my colleagues are wonderful and we keep each other going but the management is something else! I pride in dealing with customers and go out of my way for them. This makes me feel good and makes my customer feel happy and valued. I used to love coming in to work but now I feel anxious and dread coming in to work. Some customers have recently told me of bad experiences with VS online and I feel really sorry for them. VS has a good image but if they continue to treat employees and customers badly they will not survive the marketplace. I can’t bear to work here any longer and am currently looking for alternative employment.

Advice to Management

If you don’t look after your employees and customers your business will not survive.

Showing 5,233 of 5,291 reviews