XMA Reviews

Updated May 12, 2022

Found 87 of over 89 reviews

2.8
XMA Managing Director Leon Hemani (no image)
Leon Hemani
Pros
  • "XMA has a strong and stable background with quick decision making capabilities(in 11 reviews)

• "It's taken a while but the company is growing and the attitude of the board and senior management is maturing(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No negatives really enjoyed my time working for XMA(in 11 reviews)

• "Senior management do not listen to feedback(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Real transformation in progress

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

New management - lots of exiting new ideas that are being implemented which is making a dramatic change. Management - listening & changes taking place as we write this As people come back to office - office refurbishment and a fresher layout Daily Fruit, Monthly international day, lots of sports & social activities now happening funded by the company which is nice to see. Lots of new benefits now being offered to ALL staff like Healthcare (for family as well), Income protection & life cover, cover for optical, dental, etc. Regular reviews & consultations now taking place to help individuals develop their career path & identify any training needs Company looking at implementing New systems which I hope will be a more streamlined and cohesive system compared to what we have today.

Cons

There is still in some areas what I would class as "old" school thinking which I can see is starting to change across the board.

2. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

May 9, 2022 - Project Manager in Hemel Hempstead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having joined XMA recently, it is common place certainly when you first start, to compare your new surroundings with your previous company and culture. I can honestly say that it has been a breath of fresh air joining XMA - the direction the company is moving in and the pace at which it is doing so, is extremely exciting. The company is investing heavily in its employees and has recently launched a wide range of new benefits aimed at looking after employees and their families. One amazing benefit which is practically unheard of in our industry is the payment of couple, single parent and family private medical insurance cover by XMA - this means that if your family members are unwell, they too can seek private treatment quickly and efficiently. We also have access to 24/7 GP's to assist with increasing waiting times - just this morning I learnt that one extra benefit which is free for all employees and their families is legal advice through our Income protection and Life Insurance scheme which will for sure, come in handy. I also noticed early on that XMA ensures that employees receive timely and informative communications from the senior team often on a frequent basis. This is something which not all companies dedicate time to, but it is very effective for all, but especially those who are based remotely, or on customer sites. Overall, I am very happy that I joined!

Cons

None that I can honestly think of.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company continuing to evolve

May 10, 2022 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of investment over the past year in to transformation of systems and process. Additional great investment over the last year in to People strategy and benefits for employees and their families. Hiring some exceptional new talent as part of the transformation journey. Truly listening to employees now and driving positive outcomes via the employee forum

Cons

No real downsides per se

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Sales Management Team, loads of great benefits, feeling of being valued

May 10, 2022 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong supportive team manager and managers Sales Support and Customer Services are great Loads of opportunity for career progression rewarded well financially with strong commission plans Looking forward to seeing where my career will take me! Great company!

Cons

Despite some previous history of a "reputation" they have worked hard to come away from this by bringing in new board directors and making major changes across the Sales Department, so no cons !

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Making positive waves

May 12, 2022 - Sales Manager in Saint Albans, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Massive investment in to people, practices, systems & environment. A fresh "all ears" approach to feedback from a focused board of directors and employee forums. Employees speak and management listen. There is a mountain of new benefits being launched monthly and a real work/home balance with flexible working conditions. The change within the business over the last year or 2 is outstanding.

Cons

Working at XMA can feel like working for the channel's best kept secret. There is more that could be done in terms of promoting the business in the press and to prospective clients

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid working here

Apr 27, 2022 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

there's a car park. they pay you on time.

Cons

low pay extremely overworked bare minimum training no development no real progression blame culture management are not approachable or understanding went to a manager regarding stress due to workload was told not to worry then asked why not hitting unrealistic targets people leaving every day yet not replaced which increases workload, it genuinely felt like a new person left at least once a week people work early / stay late / don't have lunch breaks yet are asked why they haven't got everything done office atmosphere is quiet and cliquey this job severley affected my mental health whilst I was working there

Commercial Director

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Clearly you have decided to pursue your career elsewhere, and we wish you ever possible success with that. I am sorry that you consider that XMA are so out of touch which the teams in the business. We recently ran a complex piece of internal survey work, based on a platform called Peakon, that showed us that as a whole the people in the business did think that the senior management are in touch, however they pointed out some areas that needed work. We have over the last 6 months launched many initiatives across the business to improve salaries, holiday allowances, private health, support charities etc etc. We are very proud of what we have done and intend to do more and to keep listening to feedback. We take peoples physical and mental health very seriously, hence we have run a number of initiatives to support all staff especially during the pandemic. This has been further underpinned by XMA introducing private healthcare in 2021, which has now been extended to cover every employees family. That feels like a good commitment.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best progression I've had.

Mar 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience within XMA has been incredibly positive, with great progression and pay increases when responsibility has increased. I work in a great team and brilliant communication from my direct line manager.

Cons

I don't have any major cons.

Commercial Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback, good and bad, as learning from experience is the best way for XMA to improve. We have implemented lots of changes as we have worked our way through the pandemic, and now that we are approaching some more 'normal' times and we are back in the office, you will start to see even greater focus on employee well fair, customer out comes and sustainability. We are striving to enhance everything we do and having great teams of people within XMA is vital to the ongoing development of the overall business. Thank you for caring

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Big mistake joining Xma

Apr 12, 2022 - Sales in Nottingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros . Free parking in a big car park

Cons

Stretched too thin, workload not managed effectively for all teams, The most clueless place I've worked for. If you want to join a company and be massively under appreciated then this is for you. There is no proper training for your specific job role. No spirt or morale in the offices. Not worth the time.

9. 5.0

Positive Place of work

Mar 4, 2022 - Resource Planner & Performance Reporter in Nottingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Working Competitive Wages Good offices Good canteen Understanding management

Cons

I don't feel that there are any

Commercial Director

Thank you for your feedback. Its great that you have had a good onboarding experience in to XMA and your new career. The part of the part of the business you have joined has seen a massive evolution of the last two years and as a result has needed massive efforts from everyone involved. I desired outcome is a great place to work and a great experience for the customers.

10. 2.0

Ruined by incompetent management

Mar 15, 2022 - IT Service Desk Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have learned a lot about IT Some of the Team Leaders are really helpful Casual dress on Friday’s

Cons

Senior Management have a “do as I say, not as I do approach” . I was completely lied to about the role being hybrid (work from home/in the office) even though the managers who insist on office working work from home themselves. You couldn’t make it up! Treated like school children. Messages from senior management are consistently negative and by e-mail. No real investment in staff. It is honestly the unhappiest place I’ve ever worked with staffs mental health not of interest. Constantly worried you’ll be sacked

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Reviews
    </>Embed

XMA Reviews FAQs

XMA has an overall rating of 2.8 out of 5, based on over 89 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at XMA to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -22% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, XMA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at XMA. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

44% of XMA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated XMA 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with XMA Job Seekers