XMA Reviews

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Found 66 of over 68 reviews

3.4
XMA Managing Director Leon Hemani (no image)
Leon Hemani

229 Comments

Tech

84.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=XMA~36106
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lovely place to work

Nov 17, 2021 - Bid Manager in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great environment - management genuinely care - happy place to be with great benefits

Cons

- salary a bit low

Commercial Director

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you are enjoying your experience with XMA. Of course I agree it is a great place to work and as i have commented on several occasions, a place that we are striving to make better and better. I am sure you are aware from the business briefings we have had recently we are reviewing our salary structure, and most importantly how we openly review what our XMA teams can earn. We will be announcing more and more changes as we get into 2022 and our new HR Director gets up to speed.

2. 2.0

Meh okay

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Typical private it company. Moneys bad but opportunities there!

Cons

No benefits and no progression

Commercial Director

Thank you for your feedback, as always it is valuable and acted upon. I am sorry that XMA was not a place that you found to you long term liking and wish you luck in your new role. At XMA we believe there is opportunity for individuals to learn, grow and progress their careers, hence our continued investments in Talent and Learning, combined with our ongoing work to define internal structures to road map where the opportunity lie for an individual. I would say that there are lots of benefits on offer to the XMA staff. In 2021 alone we have increased holiday entitlement, given everyone a day off for their birthday, signed up to the real living wage, introduced free private help care for all members of our team and enhanced the payments for long service. There is always more to do but we are building the best version of XMA that we can.

3. 4.0

Great company

Sep 24, 2021 - Account Manager in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and Development plan, Nice office

Cons

Salary review will be nice from time to time

Commercial Director

Many thanks for your highly constructive feedback, its appreciated. We are proud of the direction of travel that XMA and all of its people are embarked on and the progress we are making. Its interesting feedback on the salary reviews, and something that we have understood from employee engagements internally. We will announce our plans very shortly which will think will answer the questions and concerns of everyone, plus build a predictability in terms of how people and roles are reviewed. Its exciting times again at XMA.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

In and Out

Oct 5, 2021 - Account Manager in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy Hiring Process Good facilities & benefits

Cons

Consistent issue of 'Office politics' Power struggles

Commercial Director

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. Very pleased that you think our benefits are good. Shame that you think there are too many 'office politics' and we need to keep addressing these areas. We have enacted a lot of change and it is our intention to continue that change programme to make sure that XMA continues to be a better experience for all of our teams.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Only interested in selling "stuff"

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can't think of a single one

Cons

At the time, no benefits at all (Workplace Pension), no appraisal system, no salary review.

Commercial Director

Thank you for your feedback which is always appreciated. I am sorry your didn't enjoy your time at XMA and clearly decided to pursue your career elsewhere. XMA is focused on three main things: the quality of service we deliver to the customer, our employees and the underlying strength of the business. The latter is important as it underpins our ability to focus on the customer and employees. During the last 18 months we have launched a large number of employee benefits including extra holiday and private medical support for all employees. We will shortly (Sept 2021) making further significant announcements that enhance the employee experience. XMA does have an appraisal programme, however this is currently under view and will be refreshed during the next two quarters to better align it to our needs and link it to a transparent salary review process. These changes are in response to feedback from all current employees through our adoption of the Peakon portal that has allowed us to look more deeply how we drive employee engagement.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

XMA

Jul 9, 2021 - Sales Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company really financially strong, part of the Westcoast group of companies which are now focusing on employee welfare and benefits

Cons

Company benefits are behind industry normal but this is being addressed somewhat

Commercial Director

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedback is welcome and we really appreciate the positive nature of what you have written. We are trying on all fronts and in the last 18 months have enhanced benefits such as extra holiday including a day off for your birthday for everyone, private medical insurance for everyone and enhanced rewards and recognition for long service. As part of the latter XMA will donate £500 to a charity selected by all employees who have reached 5, 10 , 15 etc service (two members of the team have reached 30 years service!) and this will amount to more than £30k this year. By making sure we are financially solid it is allowing XMA to share more with everyone , something that we will continue to do in the future. Thanks for your support and efforts.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

No training/structure is the biggest downfall

Jul 27, 2021 - Technical Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home, friendly team

Cons

I came here with little IT experience, I had good IT qualifications from school but apart from that it would be self taught IT knowledge. I wasn't expecting to be given comprehensive training but I was expected to be shown what to do on a daily basis to make me a competent worker at XMA. A colleague shows some basic IT problems during the first days. You are granted permission to 'cherry pick' tickets. But this initial kindness doesn't prepare you for the reality of the job namely the telephony side of things. I was told one shift that staff were short on the phones and told I would be taking calls - no training - I was told I would learn as I go along and if I had any problems to talk to the supervisor/ more experience team via message. Which was confusing but I did what was asked of me and found my self struggling greatly and well... incompetent. When you don't know how to handle certain things and assign them to a higher level things often get assigned back with no explanation which isn't helpful when you are new and genuinely struggling and the customer has mentioned that persons name as who they would like to speak to. There seems to be a 'not my job' mentality in different lines and you are expected to troubleshoot something to the bone which is simply out of your power to tackle. There seems to be a lack of real direction/ management to the company. I don't feel like there is any structure/routine to what I am doing on a daily basis. It seems that the company only cares about stats - as long as you pick up the calls and take on the tickets what happens there after is not the company's responsibility. There are no real check ups on new starters, such as how you are coping etc just a handful of check ups from HR - who you tell your problems to but nothing gets done about them and after week 4 their input disappears. In this role you will be highly dependent on certain individuals in the team when they are unavailable calls get hard to deal with. If I could give one word to describe my experience working at this company it would be incompetent. Incompetency leads to low customer satisfactions and is not good for the company.

Continue reading

Commercial Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed by your experience, and agree with you that its not good enough and we need to address it. I am very concerned around the training aspect as clearly that is essential, and our talent and development programme is extensive. Please feel free to reach out to me internally, i would like to case study your poor experience so this doe not happen again. Many thanks

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Used, Abused and cast asunder!!!

Jun 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Team and the people.

Cons

Bad pay, big divide in Sales and Services. Its all about the bottom line. NO appreciation for talent. Pile on the pressure for no reward or recognition. Speak out, Speak up its time to go!! Senior Management rule the roost. What they say goes. Middle Management are simply puppets on a string. Glad to be out.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Commercial Director

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. All feedback is welcome and taken on board. We are sorry that you have decided to leave XMA and that your experience has been a negative one, but it looks like you have made the right decision for yourself. We realise that XMA is not the right place for everyone, but is a place for positive people to help build a great customer experience. As you will be aware in the past 18 months we have increased holiday allowances, introduced private medical insurance for all members of staff, refreshed our recognition of long services with enhanced rewards, and started the introduction of a new Talent investment programme which will be launched soon. We have also recognised that we can modernise our internal processes and IT systems to help create better processes and ease the work load in all areas. An operating board has been created to hand more decision making to middle management and help with the continued development of all areas of the business. We know there is more to do and we are working hard to make sure we have a financially sound business that can invest and look after everyone connected to the business. There are lots of areas to improve, but we have started and we will continue to create the best version of XMA that we can. Good luck in your future career.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Jun 25, 2021 - First Level Technical Analyst - UNIX in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent corporate company to work for. Remote. The managers are friendly

Cons

Miscommunication at times. No real team spirit at times

Commercial Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is gratefully received, is reviewed and action taken. In this case i spoke to the servicedesk management team yesterday and they are going to set up some engagement sessions with all of the team to foster more collaboration. As you will appreciate this has been difficult while many of the team have been working remotely from home during the COVID lockdowns. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks. The management team were surprised that we had a UNIX focused Technical Analyst as we don't support any UNIX systems for our customer base. Maybe this is an area you can help educate us on and we can use your skills as a springboard to offer new services

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Improving

May 21, 2021 - Senior Solution Engineer in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff, most with a long service

Cons

lacking direction, always on the back foot due to mergers and acquisitions

Commercial Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, they are extremely useful and we are grateful. Your right acquisitions and mergers can take some time work themselves through an integration process. Hopefully you will agree that we are making great steps forward in lots of areas and there is an increasing amount of clarity and direction to the business.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews