80% would recommend to a friend
(333 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and there's fun events constantly" (in 50 reviews)
- "The culture is great and is one that truly values it's employees." (in 21 reviews)
- "Good benefits, and fun company events" (in 16 reviews)
- "There are some really great teams (but also not so great teams" (in 13 reviews)
- "Lots of opportunity for growth and to get involved on other teams if that's something you're interested in." (in 9 reviews)
- "Low pay but it’s entry level and ad." (in 21 reviews)
- "Poor management and communication from executives/higher ups" (in 18 reviews)
- "No work life balance" (in 16 reviews)
- "The intern salary was fairly low ($10/hr) but the perks and social events made up for it" (in 14 reviews)
- "Poor leadership" (in 10 reviews)
Found 333 of over 365 reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.010 Oct 2023Account ManagerFormer EmployeeLondon, England
WFH all week which is great but may have changed now
Heavy workload, different to other account management roles in the industry
- 2.07 Apr 2023Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee
some great technology and learning opportunities.
bonuses are basically non existent, pay is very low and can be demanding despite all this Collaboration between teams is amongst the worst I’ve experienced - unsure as to what the cause of this maybe. Resulting in projects with dependencies to drag on. CEO moved to a new parent agency and started laying off people within Xaxis. Not sure how this works or makes sense. No transparency as to what the future of Xaxis actually is under the guise of “consultation periods” No real opportunities to move up or progress your career so a lot of people forced to move companies.
- 4.023 May 2023Senior Analytics Manager IFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Excellent place to be as a late 20s-early 30s individual contributor. Generally well managed and able to participate in projects you feel will make a difference.
Relatively high turnover, work can occasionally be monotonous.
- 4.018 Nov 2022ProgrammaticFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Amazing team and people Good chance to learn more about the programmatic field Very flexible
No pay rises Pay less than most companies in this field
- 2.020 Jul 2022Business Development ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Good leadership and flexibility for work hours
Not the most diverse team - lots of white people in senior management roles1
- 2.010 Jan 2022Vice President Business DevelopmentFormer EmployeeLondon, England
Work/life balance; some benefits related to being owned by a large group; fast growing segment of digital advertising. Good CEO.
Most revenue is coming from GroupM agencies which leads to all sorts of politics agravated by the fact that most entities within the group are in competition with each other with little to no collaboration. Also, this is just advertising, you're not curing a disease and to some extent you are actually contributing to the problem (data privacy issues, unsollicited targeting, etc.)4
Xaxis Reviews FAQs
Xaxis has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 365 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Xaxis to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of Xaxis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Xaxis 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.