Yext Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 31 Oct 2019

4.3
Yext CEO Howard Lerman
Howard Lerman
Pros
  • "You can get free lunch delivered to your office every day(in 29 reviews)

• "Amazing people, collegiate culture, relaxed work environment, fast-paced work(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours of WAITING for a reply(in 8 reviews)

• "There was upward mobility, transparency, and work life balance(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great culture and product"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great togetherness and willing to help on another in London

Cons

Honestly couldn't think of one

Yext2019-10-20

"Amazing company!!"

Current Employee - N/A in London, England

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I began my journey at Yext in the NY office about 4 years ago, and now am based in London. My experience has been and continues to be tremendous. I have held 3 different roles, all of which have been quite different.  One of my favourite things about Yext is the company truly cares about its employees. Whenever I am interested in learning something new, or switching roles my managers have... always/continue to been supportive and help me get there. I think that is invaluable, especially since my time with Yext began right after university. Yext really does want you to be successful here.  The leaders here in London are top class. They are extremely intelligent, motivating, and ALWAYS have a smile on their faces!!

Cons

Honestly can't think of any...

Advice to Management

Remarkable products, leaders, culture and employees!!

Yext2019-10-09
  3. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in London, England

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, fantastic perks, but most importantly I really believe in the technology and the trajectory of the business

Cons

None that I can think of.

Yext2019-10-09
  4. "Exciting place to work with huge scale up ahead!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

An exciting and innovative environment to work at. They set you up for success from the get-go giving you the opportunity to make a real impact in the growth of the company. Great perks (including free lunch)!

Cons

Not enough time in the day!

Yext2019-10-09
  5. "Great people, great products"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in London, England

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Internal opportunities - Amazing company culture - Great benefits (paid for meals, snacks, wellness programmes etc)

Cons

None so far during my time here

Yext2019-10-09
  6. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team, great offices, great culture and environment, free lunch and all the snacks!

Cons

Too much free food - not good for the diet!

Yext2019-10-09
  7. "Fast paced, lots of fun and lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Talent Sourcer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hyper growth mode Really ambitious teams with smart people Lots of internal opportunities Travel opportunities Flexible work life balance Supportive management - not micro management

Cons

None so far in my career here

Yext2019-10-08
  8. "Lovely place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in London, England

I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, opportunities for career growth, amazing benefits, great offices & lovely coworkers

Cons

None so far during my time here!

Yext2019-10-08
  9. "Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - SDR in London, England

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, very kind and willing to help always! Great culture. Promote internally and willing to help people move within Yext across departments. Many perks and team events.

Cons

Number of opportunities (a growing company in Europe so will be available in the future)

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate the unique Yext culture!

Yext2019-06-20

"A bit like a 6ft4" 14-year-old with an optional tin of RedBull"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

* The company has big motivation and ambition, that is cool! * Certainly hired some big execs of recent but you can already tell that will cause friction based on internal noise. * Company is driven to success and you would have to be a fool to say that the product & services aren't very good and promising * You can do very well here, but match your personality to them and if it fits go for it, if not... avoid this place as it will soon wear you down.

Cons

Cons are always very personal but being more introverted I found life at Yext challenging at times with the business requiring over communication and a lot of meetings often just for the sake of it. My background is a solid 10+ recruiting from Recruiter to Manager and Head of Talent Europe level. I have worked for small, medium and mammoth sized businesses, my goal was to join Yext, learn and help them scale.... The reason I use the analogy of a 6ft4" 14-year-old is that they are a small business trying to be big all based on a SalesForce business model. Lots of noise and disruptive mentality comes from the HQ but often the processes and management style paralyse your ability to work smart. It can be like banging your head against a brick wall. I think some in the business struggle to let go and trust new people in fact even at the offer stage you can feel like they are trying to talk you out of joining, it does feel like you are joining an exclusive gang, welcoming, yes but clicky and a bit of a private club could be said too. As the company get bigger you would expect several restructures as hiring like they do will lead to mass attrition and issues. Key issues & challenges * From Recruitment standpoint they are well behind on numbers particularly in sales, you feel that pressure from day one, everything from call numbers and times through to speed of process are over scrutinised here. If you are a recruiter with experience you might find that frustrating. * Learning & Development, there are some smart people in the talent teams without a doubt but the metrics can drown and stifle development leading to a battery hen type situation. * Often people are working late at night or over the weekend just to keep up to date, I mean seriously that is not good in this day and age. #burnout * They have a convoluted interview process which doesn't translate well in some regions of Europe but you can't change it! * Seller attrition is rising, reasons could be unrealistic targets or performance but it is concerning and needs resolving soon or will go out of control. * There are some silo cultures emerging creating clubs and factions which become a breeding ground for politics and colleague cannibalism, blame culture and so on, this is counter-productive to the business culture. This company has the ingredients to be successful, the product is awesome and works but some of the people need to self-reflect and consider the above before it turns the business toxic and it rots from the inside out.

Advice to Management

Review, consider and make your own mind up on the feedback, I am simply replicating the mantra of the business by putting the truth out there for others to decide on Yext and their fit to the business.

Yext2019-05-31