Zapier Reviews

Found 76 of over 82 reviews

4.7
Zapier CEO Wade Foster
Wade Foster
Pros
  • "Further, work life balance is very very strongly encouraged(in 10 reviews)

• "100% remote with a focus on making remote work better(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only thing I would say is remote work takes time to adjust especially if you're used to working in an office or an extrovert(in 8 reviews)

• "Being fully remote working with a(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for!

15 Jan 2021 - Customer Champion in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great values, look after employees, transparent.

Cons

None to add, the company is great

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work remotely for

4 Jun 2019 - Customer Champion
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency Autonomy Managers care about the people in their team

Cons

Not being US based means you are a contractor and don't get the same benefits as those in the US

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Zapier is an amazing place to work

19 Jul 2017 - Customer Champion in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with some of the best people in the world Everyone is so nice and caring The benefits and culture are awesome You're able to properly take time off for holidays, when you're not feeling well, etc. and nobody views you as an "inconvenience".

Cons

We're growing so fast, it can be hard to know who does what, and keep track of new people joining

22 people found this review helpful

Zapier Response

Zapier

Thanks for sharing your experience working here. We agree, and we love how everyone here is supportive, and also supportive of work/life balance. Thanks for being a part of what makes Zapier great. - Your friends at Zapier

4. 5.0

Dream job in tech

7 May 2021 - Decision Scientist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

As desk jobs go, you can't get much better than Zapier. Fully remote, strong culture that promotes being friendly and empathetic, transparency around policy changes and company finances, profit sharing, office set-up budget, impressive talent, successful product, 14 week parental leave, in-person retreats, the list goes on...

Cons

Some development processes are not as put together as you might expect from a high-caliber company like Zapier, but that's mostly a result from prioritizing speed and growth. In my short time here, there have already been improvements and if you advocate for those, you can slot in time to make them. Regarding culture, at times some people are very vocal about political and social views that are far left (in the US) and it doesn't make me comfortable sharing views contrary to those. But you can easily choose to not engage and it doesn't really affect your work.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company & people. Love the founders!

16 Jun 2021 - Frontend Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great talent - High caliber friendly engineers - Humane culture - Lots of opportunities to learn & expand - Remote first

Cons

- Very liberal (not necessarily a con, but I had to put something here)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuinely life-changing, hands down the best place I've ever worked

28 Feb 2021 - Senior Customer Champion in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, management and leadership are incredible. Everything simply makes sense, and the core values are perfect. I've never had so much faith in my immediate team and the organisation at large. The entire company works remotely, and as long as you have an internet connection you can work from anywhere. Growth is a priority, and is not only encouraged but proactively guided. Fluid attitude to change; if it doesn't work, or no longer makes sense, we change it. I could go on for days about everything that's great; I plan to work here for the foreseeable future.

Cons

Literally my only gripe is the mandate for using Apple-branded hardware. There is no freedom to choose tools for work that suit your needs, as you will be required to work with an Apple device. I'm not sure why this is, and it seems to be the only exception to the "everything is open to discussion/change" rule.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Remote work doesn't get better

1 Jun 2021 - Senior Decision Scientist in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work done well: communication styles, documentation, office setup budget etc. Good work-life balance I work with the smartest people around

Cons

Having no office can be lonely Working on really complex, difficult problems can be challenging remotely

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fully remote, established culture, proud to work here

25 Feb 2021 - Customer Champion
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lengthy interview process gives the full picture of the company and ample opportunity to ask questions of peers and managers Onboarding is AMAZING - though completely remote and an onslaught of info, there is so much support and help to get you up and running - 1st week is devoted to all non-job specific onboarding and you usually start with a group of folks in different roles at the company - really helps with bonding, feeling part of the greater whole. Flexibility with work hours, support from managers about job goals and long term career goals, established culture for remote work, proactive on diversity/inclusion issues - I am very happy to be here

Cons

Connecting with colleagues can be hard in any remote company and the pandemic has made it tougher with no in person meet ups on the horizon. LOTS of information sources and the aggressive growth can make feeling "caught up" an uphill battle, but exciting at the same time

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best people you'll ever work with

13 Jan 2021 - Decision Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zapier's people make the company what it is today. I have never worked with such an intelligent, friendly and empathetic group of people. There are truly no big egos at the company and everyone looks out for one another - though we do so from afar since we are scattered around the world. Fully remote also has amazing advantages and the company's commitment to transparency is hugely encouraging. (Everything is written down somewhere) It can be easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information bouncing around, but it is easy to stay in the loop on any project or idea that interests you. Further, work life balance is very very strongly encouraged. It has been made clear to me time and time again that if my balance suffers then something needs to change to ensure that it is maintained. It's not just lip service either - not taking enough time off? Expect a conversation.

Cons

Fully remote takes some getting used to, but once this hurdle is crossed, Zapier truly is a dream job.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

ok compensation, nice profit sharing

3 Jun 2021 - Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Profit sharing was a great aspect

Cons

average pay, it wasn't bad, but not amazing

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews