iwoca Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

iwoca Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

Found 57 reviews

4.6
iwoca CEO Christoph Rieche (no image)
Christoph Rieche
Pros
  • "The bosses are willing to consider flexible working arrangements if deemed necessary(in 9 reviews)

• "Highly dynamic, fast-paced, hard working environment(in 6 reviews)

1. "Dream Team"

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in London, England

I have been working at iwoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked in my Industry for 15 years and without doubt iwoca is the best company I have worked for by a country mile. Having worked all around the world I wanted to find a company who have a strong team environment and one who genuinely try and help their customers. I had high hopes for iwoca as a company but they have exceeded my expectations. I've been working for the company for 6 months and immediately felt... part of the team. I have had regular 1-2-1's and really feel my opinion matters. The working environment is excellent and makes the day go so quickly - it's home time before I know it. iwoca genuinely care about their staff and always give people the opportunity to progress, whether it's in the same department or another team.

Cons

The only con I have about the company is they didn't advertise the role sooner. I'm thoroughly enjoying my time here and look forward to many more months and years with the team.

iwoca2019-08-22
  2. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Credit Risk Analyst in London, England

I worked at iwoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, nice breakfast every morning.

Cons

Some bad line managers - not trained and huge egos.

Advice to Management

Train managers accordingly.

iwoca2019-09-11
  3. "Great place to work and learn at the same time"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at iwoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

young and very dynamic, smart and flexible

Cons

not very mature , need better management culture

iwoca2019-08-13
  4. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at iwoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to be promoted, positions generally filled internally. Really friendly staff and great social culture. Office in good location with food, drinks and games provided. Regular pay reviews and great benefits. Upward feedback is encouraged and everyone's opinion is valued.

Cons

There can be friction between different departments within the business. Some people are too competent for their roles meaning they are not always challenged.

Advice to Management

As the business grows and becomes more corporate, it is vital that the values the business has been built with remain in place.

iwoca2019-04-09

April 9, 2019

Thank you very much for the great review. Your feedback is really valuable to us - we need to know what is working and what we need to get better at. We're delighted to see you are enjoying your time at iwoca! Many thanks Niamh Niamh Keys Head of People Operations

5. "Great for the ambitious and hard working"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at iwoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and benefits package Fantastic team of people and opportunities to make friends Room for personal development - great for the ambitious Company trips and regular events Never a dull moment

Cons

Occasionally long hours Sometimes a lack of work structure A lot required of individuals (although this is great for some people)

Advice to Management

Lay out expectations early on and treat all staff as equals - oversight can sometimes feel like dismissal of ones concerns

iwoca2019-04-09

April 9, 2019

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear your feedback - we really appreciate it. It's really helpful to us to know what is going well and what we can improve. Thanks for taking the time. Niamh Keys Head of People Ops

"More struture needed."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at iwoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office location. Coffee + Treats available in the office. Colleagues are friendly and business has an informal environment.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, long hours. No development plan for employees. Fake promises of bonus, that was never receveid. Was promised a raise, that also never happen. No regular 1-2-1 meetings or feedback, this makes personal development hard when you see other progressing and you are not. You don't know what you need to improve.

Advice to Management

Staff in general is very young and this leads to some chaos in the workplace. Even though people work really hard, its hard to focus on your own job when you have people playing balls games around the office. Business needs more mature people in certain roles, to manage behaviours in the workplace. Management needs to be closer to employees and not be in different offices/floors. No females in higher positions,... which doesn't demonstrate equal opportunities. Management needs to invest in more mature people, young people out of Uni means low wages and you can't run far with a business, w/ this strategy.

iwoca2019-03-25

March 25, 2019

Thank you for your review -we take your feedback seriously. I am sorry to hear that your experience at iwoca was mixed. I would love to talk to you to understand some of your comments in more detail. I believe we have addressed a number of these issues: we have recently introduced ...

7. "Fun and engaging fin tech"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at iwoca full-time

Pros

-Pay reviews -Nice office -Lots of socials -Flexible working available -Company growth -Referral schemes -Lots of new projects constantly

Cons

-Not really a con but very much start up environment/ minded so expect things to change often and quickly -No medical/health benefits but these are currently being looked into so fingers crossed!

Advice to Management

-Try to encourage communication across all departments better

iwoca2019-02-18

March 6, 2019

Thank you for your review! It's great to see your feedback and advice to management and we will definitely work on it .

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Client Onboarding in London, England

I have been working at iwoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really friendly, fun and dynamic work environment. Some really nice perks like breakfast in the morning (not basic toast and coffee, actually really nice breakfast options) access to work retreats in the summer and winter as well as options for flexible working and working from home a couple of days a month. Management are caring and engaged and genuinely take interest in employees, so if you have career... inspirations (even if they're outside your current role) they will do what they can to help you achieve them. Great feedback culture, everyone is encouraged to share their feedback and people are actually listened to as changes following feedback are not uncommon.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff and helping as much as you can

iwoca2019-02-13

March 6, 2019

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback.

9. "Great place"

I have been working at iwoca full-time

Pros

flexible, fun, fast-paced, progression, rewarding

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

iwoca2018-12-08

"Lots of opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at iwoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

• The people at iwoca are friendly, smart, and generally great to work with. I think this is a lot to do with the fact that iwoca strongly considers cultural fit in the hiring process, which means that regardless of their experience or skillset somebody that would have a negative impact on company culture isn't considered. • There's a lot of opportunities to make the job your own: there's freedom take on the kind... of tasks that interest you or that you feel will add the most value. • While there's some hierarchy, it doesn't get in the way of people contributing their opinions and ideas. Everybody's contributions are valued equally and you're encouraged to challenge each other - even if the person you're disagreeing with is your manager or the CTO. • There is a formal quarterly feedback process, which means that at a minimum you are able to receive and give others feedback on performance every three months. That said, it's encouraged to give/ask for feedback more regularly than that. • The People Ops team have been introducing a lot of resources/schemes to facilitate the learning + development of employees. This includes training managers about how to better manage and deliver feedback to their teams. • Team leaders make an effort to be transparent about how their teams are performing, what's happening with the general business, whether we're on track to reach company wide or team goals, and whether there's anything new/important on the horizon for iwoca. • The perks are pretty great too - food/drink in the office, regular retreats abroad, pool/foozeball/table tennis, cheaper climbing passes, discounts on gyms and restaurants, yoga classes, pension scheme... etc.

Cons

• You're expected to work very independently and figure out what it is you should be doing in order to add the most value, and there's not always a huge amount of guidance available to help you to do so. This is quite intimidating when you first start and don't know huge amounts about how the business operates, but you figure it out after a while. • Working hours can be quite long, making a work/life balance harder... to maintain. • Senior management are crazy busy (which is true of everywhere), so it's difficult to get face time with them.

Advice to Management

iwoca has made a huge effort to maintain a positive working culture and empower its employees over the past year... Keep doing that. Make sure to regularly ask employees what they're scared of losing as we grow, what they really value about working here, what they don't like, and respond to that feedback accordingly.

iwoca2018-09-06