iwoca Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 78 of over 78 interviews

JPMorgan Chase

83 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iwoca (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Disclaimer: I created an account here to warn everyone about the interview process that Iwoca will make you go through. I did not get an offer in the end (thankfully), and after wasting 1 day and a half of my life for these people, they didn't even have the courtesy to give any sort of feedback. Read on to see the joke of a process that you will be forced to go through if you apply. There were 3 steps to the interview process. A few calls with the external recruiter, quite a long technical test, and a final 3-hour interview stage (split into 3 different sessions with 3 different groups of people, but all in one go with very short breaks in-between). The calls with the recruiter from Wave was okay, but overall it felt like they were definitely not in the loop with what was happening on Iwoca's side of things. The general feeling was that there was a lack of communication between them and Iwoca, and I was never given a clear answer about when to expect answers, or even when I was waiting for confirmation on interview dates and times until the last minute with no time to prepare - simply ridiculous, unprofessional, and disrespectful. The technical test was okay, but it is 4 hours long (at least) - you really don't need to make someone do so much work to know if they will be able to get the job done or not. I would recommend halving that at least, or maybe give the candidates some bit of code to fix, or maybe get some training on how to assess technical skill a bit more efficiently. The last stage was a 3-hour marathon of conversations with 3 different groups of people. The first session was with two developers (probably the only good part of this interview process) where we went through the technical test, plus adding some new small feature to it and updating an existing functionality as well. I really enjoyed this part and the developers were both super friendly, empathetic, and patient. The second session was with a product owner and another senior developer. This was probably the most awkward part of the process, as they were clearly not trained on how to run interviews or what questions to ask. The task on this session was a vague question on how you would build the Instagram app if you would do it from scratch - all in a 30-minute span. There was absolutely no direction on what they were expecting from this or what areas I was supposed to focus on - was it tech stack, UX, UI, architecture, design, copy, front end, back end, database?! Absolutely clueless, and almost with an attitude of 'come on, entertain us'. They might as well have asked what is the meaning of life. The product owner's attitude was especially entertaining, saying things like 'developers are so smart, companies usually only use 10% of what they can do', which is code for, you'll be doing your job and their job, and probably 10 other different jobs. And finally, the last session, which was with a director of tech. Probably the most out of place and unnatural discussion I ever had. Questions felt like they were picked up from a blog post about how to be a cool boss if you are a baby boomer. And at one point he went on about how he would like to do woodworking instead. But leaving aside the irrelevant part (which was most of it), he would not even give me time to answer or let me finish answering, as he was always interrupting and talking over me. Absolutely disrespectful in his whole attitude and definitely not someone you want to work with - nobody wants to work for someone that does not know how to listen and likes the sound of his own voice more than anything. He actually started the whole things with saying, 'I'm just going to turn off everything, so you have my full attention'. As opposed to what? It is an interview, and if you didn't know, that is the minimum requirement. This was my true and honest experience, and if I were you, I would avoid wasting my time unless you really want to work for them and are okay to go through all of the above.

Interview Questions
  • How would you build Instagram if you would do it from scratch.
    1 Answer

iwoca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iwoca

Interview

Interview itself was fine but absolutely no follow-up or feedback and generally ghosted when asking simple questions like being in process still. Don't expect an essay or long follow-up call as to why I'm not right for the role but simple short communication at least giving some element of closure to the process is very necessary and shows whether or not they actually care about their public outlook or employee experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at iwoca (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

The first round consisted of a telephone interview with HR, then a skills test was sent. After completing and sending this over to HR I received no response nor feedback - not even an e-mail to say they had received my presentation. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iwoca (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

I had 4 interviews with various people around the business. What struck me the most is how kind, open, friendly and smart everyone was. From the first interview, I knew I'd love working at this company and can now confirm that I was right.

Interview Questions
  • - Approach to product management - Agile and waterfall - pros and cons - Lots of questions around my experience - Quant questions (mostly around approach) Task: how would you approach a partnership with a <gig economy company>.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at iwoca (London, England, England)

Interview

It was great, not a bad word to say about anyone. Serena (Talent lead) checked in with me regularly and I honestly can't think of a single thing she could have done better.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were all really well thought out and made sense, no random curve balls to throw you off your game!

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iwoca (London, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied online, the entire interview process lasted 2 1/2 weeks. The interview process was split up into 1 phone call and 3 video interviews lasting from 30 minutes to an hour each. The entire process felt smooth, where helpful feedback was provided between each stage in preparation for the next. I was also usually notified where I was positioned in the interview process within 2-3 days which was very useful. Overall, my entire interview experience was that of a positive and pleasant one.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Why do you want to work for Iwoca? 2) What is the difference between a loanbook & a cashbook? 3) What is a customer payment made up of? 4) What is the most important component for a team to work?

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iwoca (Manchester, England, England) in Apr 2020

Interview

Had initial conversation with recruitment staff at iwoca, then had 2 telephone interviews with management, including my direct manager. In interviews were done to understand my experience & how I would link that in with this role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iwoca (Frankfurt am Main) in Feb 2020

Interview

Reine Zeit- und Energieverschwendung. Lächerliche Gehaltsangebote. Unzulässige Fragen zum Familienstand, Kinderwunsch, Privatleben etc. In so einem Unternehmen möchte man nicht arbeiten. Das einzige Positive - die Mitarbeiter im Office (Frankfurt) waren nett und freundlich.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mitcham, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iwoca (Mitcham, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

Quite smooth at first with the usual telephone interview and technical test. The final interview was quite a lengthy one and quite confusing consisting of nearly 4 hours with two sets of developers asking the same questions so you end up saying the same stuff to the two sets of developers. First round of final stage interviews was ok talking about how you found the technical test and why you made the decisions you did. They asked me to make a change to the functionality on the spot which kind of takes you out of the interview mindset and straight into problem solving, logical and conceptual thinking mindset straight away. The second round of final stage interviews was a culture fit and competency based interview which seemed a little over the top for a mid weight front end developer role. A white board session included where broads questions are thrown at you to see how you handle them and a deep dive into your experience and personal choices of technology and why on certain projects. At the end it seemed very unorganised because there was no feedback, so I guess I wasn’t a good culture fit.

Interview Questions
  • Could you tell me of a time you had to handle a difficult team member and how did you resolve it.
  • What level would you say you are at?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iwoca (London, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Was interviewed by the (Lead designer (Video call). The video call connection was poor (hanged a few times) and I was not able to understand some parts of the conversation. The negative point is I did not get any response afterwards. After waiting for 3- 4 weeks I wrote an email asking for the feedback.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the company
Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Interviews