Industry-wise,those working in education, tech and accounting & legal are the happiest, whereas employees from the fields of transportation & logistics, hospitality and health care report the lowest satisfaction levels.
Top 15 Jobs With The Highest Job Satisfaction
Employees who are more satisfied with their roles - who feel like their job is more rewarding, see an upward career path and have great managers - drive better financial performance for companies. But which jobs are currently ticking all these boxes?
Table 1: 15 Highest-Rated Best Job Titles for Job Satisfaction in the UK
|Ranking||Job Title||Job Satisfaction Score (out of 5)||Median Base Salary||OPEN JOBS|
|1||Corporate Recruiter||4.59||£46,215||Find Corporate Recruiter Jobs|
|2||HR Manager||4.39||£48,443||Find HR Manager Jobs|
|3||Full Stack Engineer||4.32||£47,320||Find Full Stack Engineer Jobs|
|4||HR Business Partner||4.30||£50,000||Find HR Business Partner Jobs|
|5||UX Designer||4.26||£46,382||Find UX Designer Jobs|
|6||Front End Engineer||4.23||£43,803||Find Front End Engineer Jobs|
|7||Data Scientist||4.20||£49,449||Find Data Scientist Jobs|
|8||Customer Success Manager||4.18||£41,133||Find CustomerSuccess Jobs|
|9||Marketing Manager||4.17||£47,320||Find Marketing Manager Jobs|
|10||Mobile Engineer||4.13||£51,443||Find Mobile Engineer Jobs|
|11||Java Developer||4.09||£55,381||Find Java Developer Jobs|
|12||Product Manager||4.07||£60,656||Find Product Manager Jobs|
|13||Enterprise Architect||4.06||£73,898||Find Enterprise Architect Jobs|
|14||Data Engineer||4.04||£50,198||Find Data Engineer Jobs|
|15||Sales Manager||4.02||£47,320||Find Sales Manager Jobs|
The Industries Making It Work
Engaged and satisfied workforces are more productive. Outside of job titles, our research also revealed the industries in which employees reported the highest, and lowest, amount of satisfaction.
Table 2: Highest-Rated Industries for Job Satisfaction in the UK
|Ranking||Industry||Job Satisfaction rating|
|3||Accounting & Legal||3.82|
Table 3: Lowest-Rated Industries for Job Satisfaction in the UK
|Ranking||Industry||Job Satisfaction Rating|
|1||Transportation & Logistics||3.44|
|2||Restaurants, Bars & Food Services||3.57|
|5||Arts, Entertainment & Recreation||3.61|
Tips To Find A Job You Love
If you feel like your job isn’t quite the right fit, here’s some tips to finding a role that could be more fulfilling:
- Be selective: If you are unhappy in your current role make sure you understand what isn’t working for you. This can help focus on which job you next apply for.
- Discover what you love: Ask yourself what your biggest motivators are when it comes to work, what are you passionate about and take Glassdoor’s quiz to find the job that best suits your life.
- Network, network, network: Once you know the field you want to work in, reach out to companies you would love to work for and connect with people who might be able to help you with your next opportunity.
- Schedule time for effective job searching: If you are already working, it can be difficult to find the time to look for a new role. Dedicate a certain amount of your week to your job search and make sure you are only applying for roles that really appeal.
- Get the inside scoop: Check out what employees already doing the role of your dreams are saying and find out more about the companies on your wishlist.