AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AECOM Interview Questions

Interviews at AECOM

2.6

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Only phone interview. Scheduled a date and confirm the date before interview. Asking Typical interview questions. Such as introduce yourself; talk a bit more about the project you did; why you want to join our company, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was originally called and asked to go to lunch with two of the project managers. Shortly after, I was invited to the office for a formal interview. The interview lasted a full day. I met with several project managers and went to lunch with two mid level employees. The interview included giving a 20 minute presentation and getting a tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. A little nerve wracking to try to navigate on a federal installation. Once I got to the interview I spoke with a lead team member, Project Manager, and Deputy Project Manager. They all seemed nice and the work seemed interesting. Afterwards I got a tour of the facility. All in all it was a good experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (Oakland, CA (US)).

Interview

Round robin interview lasting about 25 minutes each. Asked about my previous work experiences and what I expect to get from this position. Followed up with characteristic cards where I had to split the deck in half until I was down to 10 characteristics that showed what I valued.

Invoice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I had been relieved of duties from another department. Interview went smoothly. Was asked alot of in-depth questions. The manager and another associate sat in on the interview. Once the interview was completed, I was extended an offer.

Entry Level Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Centennial, CO (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Very easy, fast interview. I had a phone interview with 4-5 people, then they flew me out for an in person interview and told me they wanted to hire me right then. The hiring manager was very nice and upfront about liking me and wanting to get me a competitive offer. However, the HR representative was a bit rude and not helpful. I mentioned to them several times I would be out of the country on vacation soon and not able to respond. They ignored my emails and proceeded to send a time sensitive email while I was on vacation and was very rude when I was not able to respond.

Interview Questions

They are moving into a new office space that has a smaller capacity than the number of employees that they have, and it is an open office layout with no cubicle walls.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out to me after I applied to another position at the company.
    Phone interview, in person interview which consisted of spending the day at the company. Had a series of mini interviews with various people. I also had to present a technical presentation. I was taken out to lunch. I was also asked to provide a writing sample and 3 references

Interview Questions

• What kind of management style do I prefer?
      Why was I interested in the position/ company?
      What skills did I bring to the position?
      What are my career goals?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Honolulu, HI (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

After applying I received an email inviting me to an interview. The interview went well, they provided a lot of information about what they do, what a day to day would look like. I almost had no questions to ask because they had informed me of everything. It was a comfortable setting, with no added pressure to answer correctly or not. They seemed really interested in my educational background.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process included a mixer and an interview the next day. The mixer was in a room in which you were at a table with applicants and managers you would potentially be working with.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you dealt with a client.
      2. If you had an good idea for a project and someone else was very stubborn to stay with theirs, what would you do and how would you communicate it?   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dahlgren, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (Dahlgren, VA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

It was suppose to be a Webex interview, but it would not connect. Spent 15 minutes emailing and calling the recruiter with no response. Eventually talked to a manager over the phone for a short interview. It was quite the stressful and negative experience. Would have been nice for a fair shot at the interview.

Interview Questions

• Previous experiences and interests. Do I have a security clearance.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.