SMRS Interview Question: About my personal interview e... | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interview Question

Creative Copywriter Interview London, England

About my personal interview experience

Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I recently interviewed at SMRS and narrowly missed out to a candidate that had social media skills pertinent to its needs. Naturally, I’m disappointed as the interview process was long and thorough, and I got to know and liked them.
It started with a job description that truly engaged me, and my CV made it to the shortlist. The next stage was a polite invitation to complete the copywriter’s assessment brief, challenging but enjoyable. At least good enough to move me on to the next stage — an informal telephone interview.
This was followed up by an interview date with the Head of Copy which was in depth, surprisingly enjoyable and I was introduced to my ‘potential’ work partner.
A week went by and I was invited to meet the Director of SMRS, such was the wavelength, I thought she was a relative.
A day or two later I received the heartbreaking news — the job wasn’t mine. Bravely, I took up the invitation to receive feedback. At this closing stage I hadn’t been as prepared as I know I should have been. However, SMRS have kindly invited me to keep in touch.
Now all this was for a long-term freelance position, highlighting just how tough the job market is. Still, I live in hope that SMRS will remember me, and one day will hire me.

Interview Candidate on 29 Sep 2017

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.