Acturis Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Acturis

3.1

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Staff person who met me and gave the task was the only good thing about the application process with this company. Just like everybody else I was given a GMAT test of 24 questions which had to be answered in 30min. I failed it.
     I can't see why you can't arrange such test online, I wasted the whole day, coming all the way from Leeds just for that. Questions were not that difficult, I just couldn't make it in time.
    I know that they are trying to save time but this application process was the worst I've ever experienced.

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Not very useful. The interviewer seemed impatient and didn't seem to be well prepared for his questions. He was also very unclear in his presentation of the questions and I had to ask for multiple repetitions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

30 minutes to do GMAT style tests, you get a pen and paper - practice online before hand, time is tight. If you don't do well enough it these they'll send you home.
    Next I was interviewed by 2 people separately; each asked soft skills questions and did a few case studies.
    Coding questions weren't very hard, if else statements and the like - try to optimise your solution though.

Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay. When first there I had to do both a numerical and verbal reasoning test and the time given was 30 minutes, compared to similar tests done before I found this was easy enough. I was successful in this so they went through a few rounds of case studies as well as interviewing me to try and get an idea of who I am as a person.

Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Acturis (Birmingham, England) in August 2017.

Interview

The first step of the interview is a test similar to GMAT, with data sufficiency questions, simple math problems and verbal reasoning. I had 30 minutes to complete it (which is enough time) and got 19/23.
    After that, a senior develper came in and asked me three test cases regarding XML and Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Invited to interview a few days after being called by a recruiter. Completed a 30 minute GMAT style test consisting of maths, data sufficiency and reading comprehension questions. Should be very easy with little preparation for someone one from a numerate/problem solving background. After test, went through a case study with a current employee which involved implementing the basics of a to-do list application for a customer advisor e.g listing required features/information/operations. Employee also asked various standard interview questions. I was expecting to go through at least 2 more case studies but I was told no one else was available, thus I was sent home and told they would be in touch. Quickly received feedback from recruitment agency stating that I was unsuccessful as I mentioned I would maybe like to do a PhD in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Acturis?
      Tell me about your degree experience.
      Do you want to do a PhD?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

there was a test for numerical and reasoning areas. i was told that you would have to score very highly to get through this round, but score a couple of points less than i had thought the boundary was and still got through this part. then i met with three team leaders and they gave me some rather simple tests (some may say too simple?) and you have to logically reason your way through them. i would say it is good to be vocal with thoughts process here, and confident!

Interview Questions

• how would you structure a database of such and such data   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Initially asked to complete a 30 minute test comprising of 23 questions. It wasn't difficult, and I got 18 correct without any revision or practise.
    The next stage was a case study about a database. Interviewer was a friendly math graduate who had probably worked there for 3-5 years. He asked simple questions regarding data entry into a database and running checks. Fairly trivial problem.
    Asked whether I would rather accept a job more technical or customer-facing. I responded something technical would be more enjoyable. The next potential case studies for the interview were dropped and I was sent away.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Short 30 minute maths test followed by a series of interviews by managers from the different teams. Each interview lasted almost an hour leading to the total interview lasting from 1 until after 5.

Each technical interview was focused on an aspect from each team. This included reporting, projects and application development.

Interview Questions

• I was given a proposed database structure for a school and was asked questions about its structure - how it could be improved, what its limitations were etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter, who conducted a standard telephone interview (answering buzz questions, why do you want this role, what makes you stand out etc. No technical questions). Then invited to interview in London. First task was to complete a test, comprising of numerical and verbal reasoning, as well as a comprehension exercise. After passing the test, I was interviewed by two managers, who asked a series of problem solving questions, as well normal CV based questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions checked basic knowledge of applying code. A language was explained to me (I think it was XML, but I had not come across it before), and I was told to apply what they had told me to a series of questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.