Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airbnb (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I had a two-hour interview with the woman who would be my supervisor if I had gotten the job. It was completely informal; a "meet-up" in a coffee shop. The woman spent most of the time talking about herself and how much the CEO likes her. She made it sound as if they were dating, but I don't think she meant to--it was just sloppy communication. I don't know if this is ABB's interview process now. They are a very young company, just trying to find their feet.

Interview Questions

• "Don't you think I'd be a great host?"   4 Answers

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Did an approx 1.5 hour video chat interview with what would be my direct supervisor plus his supervisor. Interview went well, was professional. Was told I would hear either way in 1 to 1 and a half weeks. I did not. Follow up was very unprofessional. I had to email twice and got no response the first time and a generic email the second time. Was contacted via email today through a generic rejection email I was not selected. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a scenario where residents were ready to testify at a hearing then a bunch change their minds and bail   2 Answers

Community Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in June 2015.

Interview

The process was a bit confusing. Apparently there were on-contract positions and temp. positions. I sent my resume and interest blurb to a classified on Jobsthatareleft heard back from one employee that scheduled a phone interview. And I also applied online through Airbnb, and was scheduled to do a skype call. Unbeknownst to me, they were for different community organizer positions. I got neither of them.

Interview Questions

• If you were assigned a region of the city that was not engaged in the politics or debate, how would you activate them?   1 Answer

Community Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Interviewed by a community organizer and then his manager. The interview was easy. The whole process took so long that I lost interest. I eventually took another job because I just needed to work.
    It seems like they are really busy and you don't feel like you matter to them.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

They Couldn't make a decision for almost four weeks after the interview, took a long time to get answers, no updates, no clear instructions on what to submit, generally I felt left in the unclear and not provided with enough information

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

1-2 rounds with peers on the team, then with direct hiring manager. All questions and conversations pertain to job related duties and previous experiences that can speak about your likelihood to perform well while on the job.

Then one last 'cross-functional' interview, with a non-team member who's been part of the company for an extensive period of time, which evaluates how you'd do in the company culture vs. on the job itself. Otherwise known as the 'core values' interview which is the final evaluation one must clear before being granted a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to get buy in from the group and how did you go about that?   1 Answer

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague, and after formally submitting my application I was contacted by the program director for my department. Communication was excellent, and I had a total of four interviews each with a different style before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Create a recruitment letter for a volunteer event.   1 Answer
    • What are some examples of your experience managing teams?   1 Answer
    • How well do you respond to criticism?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

It was just a few emails with what I assume to be the Managing Editor, then a Skype call. The call lasted about 30 minutes, then we set up a test shoot to be able to assess my skills.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my general photography experience, and asked what experience I had with interior or real estate photography.   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Honolulu, HI (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The experience was fine, very fast, most of it was automated to find a person to contract with. No over the phone communication. Specific test work with little guidance. Fair pay rate for journeymen photographers.

Language Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Got an email with an exercise to be finished in 3 days. says will come back to me in a few days once finished. never heard back thereafter. It would be great if they may send me a few lines saying if i passed or not, consider the time and effort i have devoted into the test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.