Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

HR Coordinator Interview

Interview

I sent in my Resume, was scheduled for a Video Recorded Interview and did not continue after that. The video interview was difficult - because you're not actually talking to someone and you only get about 15 seconds to think about the question before you're recorded.

Team Lead Interview

Interview

Time consuming but thoughtful. People were kind and well trained on interviewing skills. I enjoyed the conversations a lot. This was pre-COVID, so things may be different now.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was given a take home project before the interview which I was expected to spend between 20-40 hours on. I could see the other candidates who were interviewing for the position on the shared Google Doc. When it came time for the actual onsite, only one person actually attended (out of the group of 8 I had been told would attend. I was never given a reason why I wasn't offered the role, but I was a lot more qualified than the other 2 candidates I knew were interviewing, and likely would have been a much more expensive hire if they had wanted to make a competitive offer. All in all, given their recent layoffs I think it all worked out for the best!

Interview Questions

Interview

Extremely intentional, core values interview is unique and special. Makes you feel really connected to mission and company values. Study their mission and core values, all questions will be tailored around this. Feel comfortable asking your recruiter questions on how to best prepare, they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Study their mission and core values, all questions will be tailored around this.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

Asked technical and culture fit questions. I remember them asking about the company's four core values, and how they might apply to me. I ended up talking about my past
     experiences.

EditorialAirbnb Magazine Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

I interviewed with three members of the editorial team (three separate interviews) plus someone from Airbnb HR. Overall, the process was speedy and incredibly transparent. I was updated each step of the way by another member of the HR team.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to read? Why did you apply for this position? What is one issue/ problem in the world that you hope can be solved? How do you go about solving this problem in your daily work/life? Who is someone you admire and why? Tell us about your past editorial experience.   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone screens and an onsite. Overall all questions were fairly practical in that if you have been doing iOS development for a bit, nothing should be too surprising.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

After an HR screening call, had a series of three interviews at HQ; however, the 4th interviewer had an unexpected trip, so we had to reschedule for a video interview that evening. the HR person told me the day of my onsite interview was 'Formal Friday' (a weird dress up day) and I didn't have to participate but 'it would help.' I put together an interview outfit that tried to make a nod to this, but it threw me! No one I interviewed with was rockin' 'Formal Friday.'

Intern Interview

Interview

Three rounds for 30 minutes. I was called by the recruiter who then informed me about the role and set up interviews with three different team members. 2/3 interviews were with the team, and 1/3 of the interview was with a non-team member. Interviews were very standard and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed conflict at work.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

An Airbnb recruiter reached out. After an initial introductory phone call, they sent me the take-home assignment.

I spent 20 hours in this assignment to later be rejected with a generic email, and no further answers to my questions for feedback.

Interview Questions

• You need to complete the take-home assignment within 72 hours. You can only send a PDF, if you want to send them your code, you have to embed it within the PDF. All other companies I've interviewed with want you to send them your code.

Compared to those other companies' assignments, Airbnb's was much more on the statistical side, hypothesis testing mostly.

I took time off from work to complete this assignment and ended up spending about 20 hours over the course of 3 days. When I've put that much work and energy into an assignment, I've always passed.

Airbnb took over a week to respond to my submission, where I had to follow up with unresponsive recruiters.

When the answer finally came, it was a canned rejection email. I requested feedback that would help me do better next time. They never replied.

After this experience, I don't want to interview with them for another position, nor recommend this company to anyone on my network.

Rejection happens all the time and I don't expect to succeed in every interview; but I think candidates that have clearly put in the work, deserve at least some feedback, or a phone call.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.