Alarm.com Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Alarm.com Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Alarm.com

2.7

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

HackerRank, phone screen, questions then I went to the store and was like what the even heck lets go to the beach beach lets go get away word minimum why

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Alarm.com

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Received a hackerrank coding challenge and completed, then did not hear back until I reached out. Met the recruiters at a university career fair and they seemed open and informative, have many friends that work/worked for them.

Interview Questions

• What are your best languages and what ones do you want to learn next?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in November 2018.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter about 5 days after I applied. I first did a 15-20 minute HR phone screen where I talked about myself, why I wanted to work for alarm.com, and elaborated some more on my resume. I then did a HackerRank test with 3 questions in 2 hours. After that, I did a 30 minute phone screen with a software engineering team lead. In my experience, I thought the phone screen was a lot easier than the HackerRank, but I was rejected after the phone screen.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

Initially, there was a coding round for about 90 minutes. 2 questions on algorithm/data structures. After the coding round, after approximately 1 or 2 days received email to schedule a call. And then a phone call which lasted for about 30 minutes

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in March 2018.

Interview

1. Hackerrank assessment - not too hard.
    2. HR interview - general questions about yourself and your resume
    3. Final technical interview - varies depending on the interviewer. Could be anywhere from OOP and data structures, shared screen coding, explaining code, explaining other concepts (like SQL)

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in March 2018.

Interview

Online 60-minute Hackerrank there were three coding questions, all pretty basic questions. Then I had an HR interview who asked behavioral questions. Then I had an interview with the hiring manager he asked me a brain teaser.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

90 minute coding test focusing heavily on algorithms. The test is pretty hard if you don't study algorithms for a while beforehand. The algorithm questions weren't really hard to solve but the time constraints made it difficult. It takes a bit to map them out and come to a solution and then implement it.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank questions. Can't disclose the specific question and I assume it's random every time.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.