Arcadis Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Global Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Four days later I was emailed by HR to have a phone screen interview. Organised the phone call for the following day. Spoke on the phone with HR for 30-40minutes about my job history, the role and Arcadis.
    A week after that I was emailed to organise an in-person interview. The following week I interviewed 1-1 with the head of the department. It was informal and very enjoyable. We had a casual conversation
    about my work history and the role. Two weeks later I was told I wasn’t being taken to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: I prefer a relaxed and informal interviews. So I’m going to ask you to do most of the talking and tell me about your work history and what you can bring to the role. Then I will give you time to ask questions about the positions. So, please, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arcadis (Highlands Ranch, CO (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

It was very thorough, with three Interviewers asking questions, and they asked me what I knew about the contract system in Colorado, how often I missed work and why, and they were very gracious and nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was given. I was told this is the only offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadis.

Interview

Met with the practice leader and the practice leader's direct report.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis (Kennesaw, GA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very standard. Just called you in the office and sat face to face. Asked a bunch of standard internship questions. Overall very boring. Didn't even ask to see the work I did.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't know how to do something, what would you do.   1 Answer

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis.

Interview

I applied online . The recruiter emailed me asking me to set up the interview. The interview never happened after repeated calls and emails. The interviewer belittled me for asking why. Their recruiter sent me emails telling me I had too much experience when the description stated I had to have at least 5 years of experience. The interviewer believes there is a cap on numbers larger than 5.

Interview Questions

• There were none because the recruiter refused to do the interview.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis (Highlands Ranch, CO (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I initially found the position through a recruiter on LinkedIn, then realized this is a company a friend of mine works for. With both of their names on the online application, I received a request for an initial phone interview within 3 days of applying.

The phone interview went over the basics of the position and indicated no relocation assistance would be offered. Since I was already relocating to the area, I told them this would be fine. About four days later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. At the time, I was out of state, so needed to make travel arrangements in order to do so. As with the relocation assistance, I was told they would not be able to assist with my travel expenses to interview in-person. I inquired into doing an online meeting and was told in-person would be better. I made my travel arrangements and completed the hard copy application I had to print for the interview.

I arrived at the main office and waited to speak with the Director. After introducing myself, she introduced me to another employee who would be participating in the interview. I spoke with him in general terms, while she ran an errand, and then we progressed to the main interview. They had basic behavioral questions to ask - what's your leadership style, how do you handle conflicts with employees - and also some general statements regarding the overall office, the direction they were going, and the specifics of the position. The interview lasted for over an hour and I was told they had some others to interview and were hoping to have a decision made by that Wednesday. Overall, I felt the interview went well and that, should I not be selected for this position, future opportunities were available.

I waited until that Friday to call the Director to inquire about their decision. The next Monday, I sent an email. A week later I called again and sent another email. (It's now 2 weeks post-interview.) Mid-week I received a canned response from the Director thanking me for my time and the selection of another candidate. Approximately two weeks after that, another position I more closely matched was posted with a local candidates only indicator. I contacted the Director asking about the position and stating I was very interested in working for ARCADIS and was it possible for my application to be considered. I waited a week, didn't hear anything, and applied any way. I recently received notice that I was not selected for this position either.

I find the lack of communication post interview to be disturbing and unprofessional. I don't feel it's too demanding to know where you stand in the process or expect a reply to inquiries after you have met with someone in person. At this point, I would not recommend anyone apply for a position with this company.

During the same time I was interviewing, a friend of mine was interviewing for another position within ARCADIS. She, too, faced the same silence post-interview. It took her over one and a half months to receive a reply to her emails and phone messages. She, too, was not selected for the position for which she interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Our office is very quiet and people really like to focus on their work - how would you tell people you were wanting to speak with them?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadis (Detroit, MI (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a bit more like them showing off, than looking to get information from me. I talked to four different people, each of whom made a point to try to emphasize/demonstrate that they were smarter than me. A couple of them probably were. But it was a strange way to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked repeatedly why I thought I was qualified to work alongside them (asked in a number of different ways).   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadis (Raleigh, NC (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the company’s website. Several weeks later, I received a call asking if I was still interested in the position and whether I could be available for a formal interview. The following week, I had a scheduled phone interview with a group of 5 staff engineers/geologists. Laid back interview, no technical questions. Was told that after all candidates had been interviewed I may be invited for a face-to-face interview at the Raleigh office. Still waiting to hear back & remaining hopeful.

Interview Questions

• Favorite and least favorite things about previous employment as a geotech.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis.

Interview

Submitted application online after a friend of mine let me know of the posting. 2 weeks later she contacted me asking why I hadn't submitted it, and informed her I had. Even though I got a confirmation email of my submission,- for whatever reason it never showed up in their system. So keep that in mind when applying - you may want to follow up to make sure your app gets in their system. Anyways she got my resume to the right person for me. Was contacted a week or two later by an assistant to do an in person interview for the following week.

Got there and it was probably a half hour before the interview started, met with a couple of men who were apparently going to direct the project this position would mainly be for. The interview was kind of a mess from the start. Found out the job description didn't really match up with the actual job would entail for one, which the interviewers laughed about (why this was funny I don't know) and asked if I was still interested, which I indicated I was. Was asked few general questions about my education and work experience, during which they'd stop to either state "you don't really want this job do you" or ask if I was still interested, which I thought was weird, but went with it.

Eventually one interviewer stated "you don't have any field experience do you". Now if they had even read my resume at all - even in the 5 sentence summary statement at the top, they'd have seen I listed various field work activities since I knew that was the purpose of the job. Regardless I discuss the fieldwork experience I had, and asked if there were specific things they were looking for. Same interviewer states that I had no experience on a drilling site did I?, when again if he'd bothered to look at my resume he's seen that I did. Still just went with it, and explained that yes in fact I had. Then asked if I was physically capable of working on a drill site (phrased as "you can't lift much can you? I know we can't expect as much from a girl.") Followed by asking if I had a problem working around a bunch of men, cause after all they can be 'rough and tumble' and 'raunchy' etc etc. you get the idea. Told him it was fine. Then came the real kicker when he asked if I would "have a problem getting dirty with the boys"? to which they laughed and started carrying on with each other (elbowing/shoving each other, etc - in other words acting like immature teenage boys). So yeah. Though I had suspected early on, I knew at that point the interview wasn't going anywhere, especially when he ended with another "you dont' really want this job do you?"

Was told I'd be notified probably within two weeks about the job. Never heard a word from them. Wouldn't have took it even if they had offered, just more disappointed about them wasting my time when they had no intention of hiring 'a girl' and that I'd heard such good things from my friend about the company.

Interview Questions

• Probably being asked if I had a problem getting dirty with the boys.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadis (Albany, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

I spoke initially with local ARCADIS management, then regional management. The interview process was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• I didn't experience any difficult questions; but many people often struggle with "Why would you be a great fit for this particular position?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated an additional week of vacation (from 2 to 3) based on my level of experience.

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis in June 2015.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which began with the question "What do you know about this company"? Having answered this interviewer started explaining further about the department, goal of the team and what is expected of new hire. Later on it was just the discussion of required skill set and experience regarding particular skills. They are using Primavera P6 and offering services to client to improve scheduling services.

Interview Questions

• What is your professional experience in using P6   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.