Arup Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Arup Interview Questions

Interviews at Arup

2.9

Structural Engineer Interview

Interview

The first phone call was short end straight forward with an HR person. The second interview was 30 mins with hiring team, 4 questions. Final interview 90 minutes coming up soon. So far seems like any interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths
      What could you improve
      Describe team work experience   Answer Question

Summer Electrical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arup (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

I did the interview through Microsoft Teams. It was a very smooth process. The Arup Chicago team gave me the impression of having capable and knowledgeable engineers. One tip I would provide is to have a general outline of what you want to highlight from your past project, what you did in your previous role, and your best projects from school/work since they will be asking you questions that are very specific and detailed.

Interview Questions

• what were your responsibilities in your previous internship.

What kind of projects did you work on?

Have you worked in a team before, what would you do if someone in your team is not contributing?   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. The application goes online in the early Fall. I heard back in early January for a phone interview and received a response a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why Arup?
      What are your career goals?
      How do you face adversity?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview and if they like you, you will get an in person interview. The phone interview I got was with a person from HR. I did not make it to the next round of interviews but she told me her boss would go over what I said in our conversation and if he liked me, I would get a second phone interview with 2 or 3 engineers asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Arup?
      What kind of experience do you have in HVAC?
      Go over your work experience and highlight any key details.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Rail Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online in early February and got an e-mail from a recruiter the first week of March to set up an initial interview. That interview was only 15 minutes long. A few hours after the first interview I received another email about setting up a second interview with the engineer I would be working under. That interview was about 30 minutes. By the end of the week i received an offer.

HVAC Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

very easy and forward. hr calls and checks in with you. then phone interview with a manager and associate. follow up in person. honestly just prepare as you would for a thermo engineer on the basics

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

I had a phone interview with typical behavioral questions, though the interviewer seemed distracted and as if they were just going through the motions with me. I felt like my responses were not connecting and generally that they did not care for what I had to say which may reflect of my skills as an interviewee.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup in February 2020.

Interview

there was just one phone interview and there was no technical question just talking about the projects and the what will be the role of intern. easy and not stressful

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, followed by onsite with hiring manager.

The company used the onsite more as competitive research than as an interview. They asked transmit details and present a project. Throughout the interview, the hiring managers seemed more interested in noting down all of the technologies and methodologies that I explained, rather than understanding how might benefit the team.

They actually said that the details in the posted job description didn't matter. There was no discussion of what their actual personnel needs were, nor any projects or services they were working on that needed assistance. Neither could they describe what kind of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was over the phone and was about 20 mins. The person that interviewed me wanted to know more information about what was on my resume. It was quick and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Arup?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.