Ashurst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ashurst Interview Questions

Interviews at Ashurst

Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashurst in June 2010.

Interview

A great process. Quick decisions. Senior partners were involved from the start and gave a great impression of the firm. The interview struck the right balance of finding out about my background, experience and knowledge, without being too overbearing or daunting. The interviewers put me at ease straight away so that I felt I could present myself in the best possible way.

Interview Questions

• You are choosing quite a different career path (a move out of the London market) for someone of your experience. What are your reasons for this.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashurst (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Structured interview with behavioural questions. It was very conversational while also being very STAR focused. Interviewed by a senior associate and an HR representative, lasted 45mins. Was assigned a 'buddy' to help prepare for the interview process. Cocktail evening to follow.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ashurst (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ashurst (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2018.

Interview

First I did a 2-hour paper test; then I did a 30 min interview via Skype with one senior associate and one associate. The paper test is about the translation of contracts. And the interview is mostly about my working experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the two key points regarding due diligence?   1 Answer

Campus Ambassador Interview

Interview

Very good communication to begin with, and indeed throughout the process until the end. There was a delay of 2 or 3 weeks when I am sure they must've told everyone else the results. However, the actual interview went relatively smoothly and there was a genuine interest in my replies, or at least I felt that way about it.

Interview Questions

• What sets Ashurst apart from other law firms?   1 Answer

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashurst (London, England) in August 2013.

Interview

A one page letter followed by an interview stage. very straightforward. the interview stage comprised of two interviews - one with HR and with partners. The turnaround time was within 3 weeks and once I had the interview done and dusted the offer came the day after.

Interview Questions

• The HR interview was usual generic questions, though they did ask me if I was applying/interviewing/had offers elsewhere which I think was a bit cheeky. otherwise nothing out of the blue.

The partner one revolved around a scenario-based question where they posed a situation that a client wants to complete on a contract really quickly and your supervisor is out. what do you do?

other questions related to my CV.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashurst (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted a written application, then attended an HR interview which also included a written test, then I did a winter vac scheme, followed by an interview with two partners (including the graduate recruitment partner)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashurst (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

A writing exercise (a business report on the development of a wind farm) followed by an HR interview and then an interview with 2 partners. Lastly a tour of the offices by a current trainee

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashurst (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Very smooth process, online application followed by in person interview. There was a written case study (1 hr) which required no legal knowledge, then a HR interview (competency and motivations), and then a partner interview (situational judgement, commercial awareness) and then a tour of the offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the firm?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ashurst (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

Friendly - interview with one senior associate and one human resources representative. Very conversational, no difficult behavioural questions. 20 minute interview followed by office tour, which is probably the most important part - important to be able to engage with other lawyers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.