AspenTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AspenTech Interview Questions

Updated 28 Aug 2018

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AspenTech (Burlington, MA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Got interview by applying for opening through advertisement on College Campus website.

I interviewed with 4 people, one at a time and then met with the HR person at the end. It was the standard interview by: meeting with a fellow worker and then meeting with the managers/leads.

I got an offer from them about 3 days later, and they only gave me one day to accept the offer. This was because it was nearing the end of their fiscal year and they wanted to make their numbers. They also weren't willing to budge on their deadline.

Interview Questions

• Tended to focus on a few of the "curveball" interview questions. These were more to test how you would figure out a problem as there was no way for me to prepare for this type of questioning. They also asked the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Seemed very informal there, which can be a good thing in certain circumstances, but in this case it made it seem like it was very unprofessional to work there. They also were opening a second building up in Nashua NH, and I wasn't a fan of having to travel back and forth between different locations to work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

Received email for phone interview. Easy just details about your resume and basic OOP.
    Onsite after one week: 4 interviews: 2 technical + 1 with manager + 1 HR

Prepare C++, OOP, basic algorithm questions, linked lists/hashtables

below par salary

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

After interview with this compnay about 2 month i did not get any respoding from them ...It was rude for a job interviewer for not responding back after a job interview. If I was a job interviewer, I would write a rejection letter in positive manner to thank them for coming to the interview and I would say, “I am sorry that you were not selected for the job position…” At the same time, I do not want to disappoint the candidates

Interview Questions

• seems like they pull out questions and test sheet from college test pool center   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online to the job posted less than 2 days ago. They scheduled a phone interview for screening. It lasted 30 minutes. They immediately scheduled onsite interviews, where 4 interviewers took interviews for 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly on previous work experience. They go through every bit on your resume. Some questions were
       why particular framework, why that language. Have you worked in a legacy -
       non legacy code environment? Explain challenges you faced? Why would you like to work on particular technology? etc.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

A phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with three people in marketing, an then an in-person interview with three people in marketing (I saw them one at a time). The questions were straight forward and related to the job. I received a couple of situation questions, i.e. describe a time you failed and how you handled it.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Very lengthy, it is a screening with recuriter. After that if she feels you are able to full role, she pass you on to the Manager who works in Boston. Once you pass that, you then move on to a process whichs takes all afternoon. I was there for a 5 hour interview. 6 different people come in and interview you seperately and have to rate you.

Industry Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively swift. A phone screen by HR was then followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A phone interview with the Vice President was also required. The in person interview consisted of talking with the hiring manager and three others from various parts of the organization. I did not have the opportunity to meet any of the co-workers within my group.

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

This position was for their latest Mtell preditictive analysis. The first round was HR. The second round was a phone call by the hiring manager. Third round was skype interview by 6 members. 4 th round was an HR phone call. 5th round was a phone call from the hiring manager and another team in Houston. I spend 6-7hrs on their interview process. They didn't bother to respond to my emails after the inteview. Absolutely Unprofessional. I will never work for this company

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech (Bedford, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an HR rep contacting me over email to schedule a quick 15 min phone interview. At the end of the phone interview the rep scheduled an onsite interview with several hiring managers. A week later I went in to the Bedford headquarters. First met with same HR rep for 10 minutes, they gave me a brief overview of the position and asked some basic questions about what I would be looking for in a company etc. Next, I met with two hiring managers for the position. They both described the role and the projects I would be working on. Went over my resume and asked some basic questions about it, this lasted about an hour. After the on-site interview the hiring managers asked for university transcript and some sample work. I provided the documents and then never heard from them again. The process was great until the conclusion, pretty unprofessional at the end.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

1st Round:
    - Had a phone interview with a Senior Engineer, briefly chatting about the job description and my interests

2nd Round:
    - Had an in-person interview at the headquarters with: Vice President of R&D, Director, Senior Engineer, Engineer, and Senior HR Recruiter
    - Was asked mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.