B&M Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

B&M Retail Interview Questions

Updated 7 May 2018

2.0

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear back for over a month. Rang and offered an interview for a different role than I had applied for as that vacancy had been filled. Interview was easy. Offered a role 3 days later

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Bristol, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Fairly standard retail interview. Despite being told I'd be called within the next few days about the result I wasn't, and had to contact them myself only to be told to assume I didn't get it.

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Ipswich, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Saw a poster outside the store that they were looking for Christmas temps and was asked in-store by one of the staff to hand in my CV. I visited the store again after a week had past with no word to ask for an update and was introduced to the store manager.

A few days later I was contacted by phone for an interview the next day and was interviewed by the same store manager I met previously as well as another manager to moderate the interview. Was asked standard interview questions and two days later was contacted to hear I had been successful and accepted the role.

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Aylesbury, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Very, very, very easy interview. I was invited in for a group interview where we first had to say 3 things about ourselves. We then participated in fun team activities and were given information about B&M's history and facts etc. All the while you are being watched by the managers to see how you interact with others and to see your personality. Afterwards we were allowed to go home and would hear back from the management team in the next few days.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply through a friend, and then was contacted by area manager to meet up and told me what to bring and then met up at a store and then went through questions and was told about the company and what i knew and it was very honest which i like

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Warrington, North West England, England).

Interview

Was told by a family member that they were desperate for someone to start working. Went for an interview the day after I submitted my CV. Sat down in the office with the Assistant Manager. Felt really welcoming and friendly. She asked me to tell her a bit about myself and what other experience I had and hired me right on the spot.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Llanelli, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Llanelli, Wales) in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very quick and professional. All staff involved in the process was very friendly and approachable, and treated with respect and honesty. The interview itself was very quick, with the interviewer asking different questions about my background.

Anonymous Employee in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland) in June 2017.

Interview

I was taken into a private room with the deputy manager - he looked over my CV then took the time to ask me personal questions and confirm things on my CV. He discussed my background and took interest in getting to know me. He was calm, kind and genuine which made the experience so pleasant.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Ipswich, England) in April 2017.

Interview

called to arrange interview date. Interview took place in a job centre for young people. Started off with the managers doing a presentation anout B&M, they then asked if anyone knew anything about B&M, I told them what I knew. We then did a group task, my group had to make a poster for the new store opening, then we presented and explained why we put the stuff we did on the poster. We were then taken to 1 to 1 interviews with bsaic team work and customer service questions. Should be hearing back today.

Anonymous Employee in Burton upon Trent, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Burton upon Trent, England) in April 2017.

Interview

A group interview where we were put into small groups and produced ideas relating to Christmas time at the store and how to maximise profits. There was then a short one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.