B&M Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

B&M Retail Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Warrington, North West England, England).

Interview

Was told by a family member that they were desperate for someone to start working. Went for an interview the day after I submitted my CV. Sat down in the office with the Assistant Manager. Felt really welcoming and friendly. She asked me to tell her a bit about myself and what other experience I had and hired me right on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland) in June 2017.

Interview

I was taken into a private room with the deputy manager - he looked over my CV then took the time to ask me personal questions and confirm things on my CV. He discussed my background and took interest in getting to know me. He was calm, kind and genuine which made the experience so pleasant.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Ipswich, England) in April 2017.

Interview

called to arrange interview date. Interview took place in a job centre for young people. Started off with the managers doing a presentation anout B&M, they then asked if anyone knew anything about B&M, I told them what I knew. We then did a group task, my group had to make a poster for the new store opening, then we presented and explained why we put the stuff we did on the poster. We were then taken to 1 to 1 interviews with bsaic team work and customer service questions. Should be hearing back today.

Anonymous Employee in Burton upon Trent, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Burton upon Trent, England) in April 2017.

Interview

A group interview where we were put into small groups and produced ideas relating to Christmas time at the store and how to maximise profits. There was then a short one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Northampton, England) in March 2017.

Interview

I felt it went well. The interviewers were very nice. Told us they recruited a lot based on personality. Made us feel welcome.
    It was a group assessment. Taken into a room where we were introduced to eachother. Asked to fill out form and shown a video about the company. Then split into groups and given task which was to be presented to everyone. Then waited one by one to be taken with one of the managers/interviewees. Interview wasn't too formal. Overall, not bad. Haven't gotten back to me yet though said they would within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What do you know about B&M's?
      What is good customer service?
      Do you have any holidays booked?
      What is your availability?   Answer Question

General Assistant Evenings Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Norwich, England).

Interview

The interview was arranged for via Jobcentre Plus.

The interview was arranged to begin at 2am. I was informed to be there 10 minutes early. Upon arrival I encounter a group of other interviewees standing around with bored expressions on their faces.

The interviews finally began 10 minutes late. We were each interviewed on a first-come-first-served basis and lasted approximately 15 minutes each. The rolling, one-by-one interviews lasted for three hours and I was one of the last to go, at 3:15 pm.

Each of us sat or stood around the corner of the store for the entire period.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not given a negotiation phase. I received a date for an introductory day and I attended.
    When informed of this, I received a call from an Assistant Manager who did not show any interest in me. I gave it the benefit of the doubt but later learned it was a more general trait shared by management.

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Interview lasted around 10 mins, got called the same day for an induction and training. Only met the store manager so far and he seems alright. Was asked to bring passport and bank details to induction

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, tell me about yourself, availability   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Ipswich, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and attended a group interview followed by a one to one interview with a manager for the new ipswich shop. No real structure, just a load of managers talking about how great they were and giving cues to us to massage their egos by being amazed at how amazing they were.

General Assistant/Shop Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barnstaple, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Barnstaple, England) in October 2016.

Interview

4 hours training. All talking for 30 minutes and 3 & 1/2 hours signing a load of contract paperwork that no one had the time to explain but constantly informed would be explained at a later date????? Never was!!!!

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a retail trade before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After my experience at this store, just tell the truth as they will employ you when they need you and sack you when they don't.... It is a bit like the slave trade employment - RETAIL

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail in September 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 days.
    I handed in my cv at the new B&M store, got an interview the next day.

When i was taken i for the interview i was asked if i still wanted to continue- because i had said that i preferably wanted a sales floor job but there wasnt any available.

The interviewer had a sheet with about 20 questions on that were a mixture of 'tell me' questions and just questions about when i would be able to work.

At the end i was told that there was 2 positions available and that there was still 2 more people to be interviewed. So they would get in contact in the next couple of days.

I never heard back from them. So i guess i didnt get it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work as a part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were working on something but it didnt quite go your way. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • what do you know about B&M?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.