B&Q Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Jun 2018

2.6

Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Brighton, England).

Interview

The process took 5 days. I had first passed the online screen test and received a email asking me to book a telephone interview with the recruiter.

The telephone interview was easy just practice taking in deep breath's to allow you to speak fluently on the phone and have a glass of water near by.
    It consisted on five questions however some people even say they've had 3 questions all competency based.

After the phone call I was invited for a group interview which I was dreading as I just prefer 1-1, surprisingly it went very well and I managed to give a good impression by making sure I'm getting involved.

They told us it may take 3 days for them to get back to us but I received a call as soon as I got home telling me I was offers as job in showroom lool, which is something Im quite interested in progressing in.

Overall nothing to worry about and a great experience even if the outcome is negative as it's lots of fun and engaging!

Checkout Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 parts. First we did a group activity that involved discussing among the group and selecting the most important B&Q values from a list. Next we had to present our favourite B&Q product to the group. Finally an individual interview which involved standard interview questions

Market Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

Three stage process. First stage was an online interview (automated website where you would record and submit your answers via video clips. Followed by two interviews on site - both competency and experience based questions.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions e.g. leadership, difficult situations, project management etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

Recieved an email asking for my time preference for a phone interview in 3 days time.
    Had phone interview which was quite easy and was told i did well.
    Then i was told would hear back later in the day about attending a "selection event" but never even bothered to get back to me to let me know either way

Interview Questions

• Example of how you have given good customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q (Oldham, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Had a telephone interview less than a week later I received an Email saying I had an in-store interview this way really interesting you are divided into groups and given a task to complete to show you interact with others then you have a 1 to 1 interview where you are asked to sell a product to them it was a really relaxed interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a nasty customer   1 Answer

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2018.

Interview

I got an email for a phone interview and was asked "Why B&Q" and that all my information was correct, later that day i got an email to say i had an in person interview on tuesday.
    The interview was in the shop and i met with 8 staff and 4 of us that were there for the jobs were split into 2 groups of 2.
    I was interviewed by 2 members of staff and had to sell them a product i didnt have the product so it was easier then having to sell a random product and i was asked the questions below, they were quite difficult to answer and to understand. then i was in a group with someone else and they asked us to pick out 4 of the best qualities of b&q and choose your reasons. It lasted 1 1/2 hours and can go to 3 but dont worry its not that bad.
    I got a phone call 3 days later that i had gotten the job and started tuesday with an induction day and recieved my uniform and health & safety training.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, England

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Chester, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online received an email to say I had got to the phone interview stage, had said interview at the allotted time went well was asked average questions then received an email saying I was through to next round of group and 121 on a Friday at 11 arrive early or so I thought to be told they had all started at 10 am I was embarrassed but informed them as to the email and they apologised for the mistake they allowed me to join the group bit by now I was feeling my chances if any were hindered by this error I completed the interview and was told I would be contacted either way within the week this was not the case 4 weeks on and nothing not very proffesional, to say the least, a simple email would surfice, staff at the store were lovely and very proffesional and welcoming just need to be as polite in letting people know after all they to have made the effort.

Interview Questions

• asked to review a product and then do a 5 min talk on it in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Loughborough, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I sent in my application online after which I had to complete an online test. I then received an e-mail inviting me for a phone interview the next day. They asked me about my eligibility to work in the UK and then some competency based questions. They got back to me the same day via e-mail.

Replenishment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at B&Q (Huntingdon, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, asked 3 questions, disappointing, a young girl from Southampton interviewed me, I’ve been a retail manager for over 10 years, so a joke to get rejected after 3 questions...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llanelli, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Llanelli, Wales) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online then received an email informing me that I'd been selected for a telephone interview. I was called within my allotted timeslot and was told that if I was successful, I would be invited to attend a selection event in my local store on either Wednesday or Thursday and the very pleasant lady asked if I was available on those days (which I was). The next day I received an email asking me to attend the event on Sunday. I'd already made plans for travel on the Sunday but managed to alter my plans slightly to fit in the selection event. I prepared my 5 minute talk on a product as requested in the email and my husband dropped me off ten minutes ahead of time. I was told when I went to the desk that the event had been changed to the following day but no one was available to contact the candidates. There were 6 of us who turned up on Sunday only to be turned away. I was then obviously unable to attend the event on Monday due to my travel plans so that's it. No interview for me. I think B&Q have acted very unprofessionally in this instance and I think I might have had a lucky escape as if they can treat possible new employees like this then I'm not sure how I'd be treated further down the line. Very disappointed and annoyed by the whole experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.