B&Q Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find your next job here

B&Q Interview Questions

Updated 13 Feb 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

Applied online, then completed a telephone interview which led to a selection event which was a 1:1 interview that lasted about 40 mins. The interview involved talking about my previous work experience and what skills I can bring to the team and answered some other competency based questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Enfield, England) in January 2018.

Interview

apply online, answer competency questions, offered interview, one on one interview and then wait. Sat in the staff room for nearly 2 hours waiting my turn for an interview. Employees sat slagging off the company. manager who interviewed me clearly didn't want to be there. I actually felt i was too experienced for the job, especially when the majority of other candidates were college kids. not a great experience.

Night Shift Stock Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Norwich, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online, said I would be contacted in 7 days, after a couple days I got an email saying I got through to the next round which was a telephone interview. I was asked standard questions like why do you want to work for B&Q, lots of CBQ (customer based questions) "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation" "Can you remember a time when you went above and beyond your job" etc. A couple days after I got an email saying I was through to a group interview, I got there and it was only 1:1, had to present a product and try and sell it to the interviewer, asked CBQ questions again. Got a call back a day later to say I didn't get the job, said I fitted better in a customer service based role, which I understand as I've worked in customer service over 6 years but due to circumstances I needed nights. Just a word of advice, you'll probably need some experience in replenishment as ALL of the questions I was asked on the telephone interview and 1:1 were customer based questions, felt like I wasn't given a fair chance on the actual job role.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at B&Q in January 2018.

Interview

Original phone call was fine, seemed friendly enough. Until I went into store and the manager greeted me was rude, up himself and needs a lesson on how to talk to people. It made me feel uncomfortable and disgusted at the way he thinks he can treat people.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longwell Green, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at B&Q (Longwell Green, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy and quick, phone interview was simple got the interview for the week following. Interviewers were friendly and was made to feel comfortable. Team building, talking to customers and one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had multiple tasks to complete on the shop floor but had limited time   Answer Question

Showroom Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

easy online application followed by a 10 minute interview if successful you would be put forward to the shop store you have applied for, for what they say 1 hour structured interview.

Interview Questions

• What does Team work mean to you?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q in November 2017.

Interview

Following my application for Supply Chain Manager based in Southampton HQ, I was called by B&Q's HR team to arrange a telephone interview for the end of the week.

When the time arrived no call was received. After waiting 15 minutes I called the HR leads mobile, but he didn't answer. I received a text a short time later saying that he was held up in a meeting, so we re-arranged the call for 3pm later that day.

The telephone interview went well. The role itself and package being offered was similar to the roles I'd done for the past few years. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The HR lead said that he would call me after speaking to the recruiting manager, which would be early next week, because the recruiting manager was on annual leave at the time.

The following Wednesday, I received a voicemail from the HR lead confirming that he had arranged a meeting with the recruiting manager for Friday to discuss my application, and that he would feed back his response.

Since then (2.5 weeks later!), I have received NO response. During this period, I have called him several times on his mobile and landline, leaving messages.

How is it possible for Kingfisher/B&Q to attract top talent, if they treat their candidates so badly? Over the past 4 years I have recruited an entire department, and behaviour such as this is alien to me.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Derby, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Online application (includes uploading CV and test)
    Phone Interview ( lasts about 5 mins , 5 questions asks there about)
    Assessment (part 1 individual interview, part 2 group assessment)
    The actual interview lasted about 20 mins
    Group assessment lasted around 30 mins
    Quite a lot of waiting around so all together process was about 2hrs.
    Nothing too stressful though, staff were nice and welcoming.
    Me and 2 others ended up getting the position.

Showroom Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at B&Q (Coventry, England) in November 2017.

Interview

online multi questionnaire. Given example of thing that might happen in the store , what would you do in that situation, etc. then if passed that part , you a phoned/screened .. and if ok , invited in to store for a group assessment . Here you have to work as a team to a task such as make a tower - you are provided with paper, scissors, and tape. They are watching at how you interact with the other people in your team , rather than how good the tower is ! We were then told go go in to the store, select a product off the shelf and bring it back to make a sale pitch to the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with being thrown in at the deep end , in a situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Weymouth, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application including attaching cv. Questionnaire asking you to choose correct response. If complete correctly invited for 10 min telephone interview, if successful invited to assessment centre.
    I have put no as did I get an offer as attending assessment day this week, fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.