B&Q Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 Sep 2018

2.6

Showroom Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

easy online application followed by a 10 minute interview if successful you would be put forward to the shop store you have applied for, for what they say 1 hour structured interview.

Interview Questions

• What does Team work mean to you?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Southampton, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Structured, with a clear process giving feedback throughout. One to one with category directory following a telephone interview with HR. Interview was professional but relaxed allowing a flowing conversation

Interview Questions

• Career experience - how my experience would deliver success for them   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B&Q (Boston, England) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Telephone Interview - More like a social chat but seemed friendly enough.
    2. Group Interview - Teams of 3 build a tower out of newspaper.
    - Pick an Item and sell it in front of the group.
    - One to One interview at end, this was you with two senior members of staff.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for B&Q
      2. Do you have any others jobs?
      3. Where do you see your self in 5 years time?
      4. What can bring to B&Q?
      5. What 3 worlds would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at B&Q (Doncaster, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was fine. Promised feedback was lacking, until several months later. Felt the questions were okay. Felt the answers given were okay on most things, and the feedback provided when eventually obtained seemed unfair.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

The first round is online application, and then telephone interview, after which is final face-to-face interview. The process is straightforward, and questions are company & role related (Why this company? Why this role? Why you?). Just need to be fully prepared.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B&Q (Newport, Newport, Wales).

Interview

a quick 5 minute chat in a room, with a manager. Just looked at my cv and did a mock sale. Was very simple and then they discuss your salary and what you expect. Make sure you negotiate as this will be set in stone for ever.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tamworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Tamworth, England) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online at diy.com and followed the online procedure of filling out my cv and answering some personal questions followed by an online test which consisted of multiple choice questions. This was followed by an email to invite me to an interview which turned out to be a group interview in which we had to go round the room say a bit about ourselves and then try to sell a product placed behind us to the interviewees. We were told we would find out in 2 days if we had been successful for a one to one interview. I found out almost 2 weeks later when I had a phone call from a replenishment supervisor who asked me in for a one to one. When I got there I had some questions asked such as ' your best customer service experience?' as well as ' why do you want to work for B&Q?' I was then informed that the job was actually nights and replenisment not days and a customer advisor like I thought. I was told they would let me know within 2 days and again it was about a week - 2 weeks later when I eventually received a result.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasnt able to negotiate anything, was forced onto night work even tho I applied for days and was under the impression thats what the interviews were for untill the last minute. If I hadnt of needed the money I wouldnt of taken the job.

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

Lengthy process which seems pointless now because this particular store don't look after their staff at all. They would rather belittle you and reprimand you for something you have no control over!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England

Interview

Felt like I was on the last week of The Apprentice. You know when most interviewers say "no trick questions, and we're not trying to catch you out"? Well that's exactly what I felt was happening. Irrelevant questions. Talking over me and interrupting whilst I was answering a question.

Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview then was invited to the store. Went around shop floor talking to customers then had a one to one interview. We also had to build a tower using new papers and glue. This is too see how you interact with one another. Make sure you are constantly talking they rate you on this!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.