B&Q Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 Dec 2017

2.6

Showroom Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at B&Q (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

easy online application followed by a 10 minute interview if successful you would be put forward to the shop store you have applied for, for what they say 1 hour structured interview.

Interview Questions

• What does Team work mean to you?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q in November 2017.

Interview

Following my application for Supply Chain Manager based in Southampton HQ, I was called by B&Q's HR team to arrange a telephone interview for the end of the week.

When the time arrived no call was received. After waiting 15 minutes I called the HR leads mobile, but he didn't answer. I received a text a short time later saying that he was held up in a meeting, so we re-arranged the call for 3pm later that day.

The telephone interview went well. The role itself and package being offered was similar to the roles I'd done for the past few years. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The HR lead said that he would call me after speaking to the recruiting manager, which would be early next week, because the recruiting manager was on annual leave at the time.

The following Wednesday, I received a voicemail from the HR lead confirming that he had arranged a meeting with the recruiting manager for Friday to discuss my application, and that he would feed back his response.

Since then (2.5 weeks later!), I have received NO response. During this period, I have called him several times on his mobile and landline, leaving messages.

How is it possible for Kingfisher/B&Q to attract top talent, if they treat their candidates so badly? Over the past 4 years I have recruited an entire department, and behaviour such as this is alien to me.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Weymouth, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application including attaching cv. Questionnaire asking you to choose correct response. If complete correctly invited for 10 min telephone interview, if successful invited to assessment centre.
    I have put no as did I get an offer as attending assessment day this week, fingers crossed.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&Q (Manchester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick process, took about 2 weeks in total. Very relaxed, staff very friendly..
    Interview by telephone lasted around 5-6 minutes, received email that I had got a 2nd interview which was a group interview, this included talking to customers on the shop floor and showing your selling/presenting skills by telling them about a product..
    If you got through that you had a 1-1 interview which was very relaxed, received a phone call the next day saying I had the job..

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q (Sheffield, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview, followed by a group assessment in shop. The latter involved everyone introducing themselves, a team building exercise (a tower out of straws, paper and sellotape), speaking to customers under supervision and then practicing product selling with the group. The hardest out of these was the product selling as I was nervous and didn't know much about the item. Approaching customers on the shop floor was quite daunting but not as bad as I thought it would be. The successful people went on to have one-on-two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with B&Q?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q (Dunfermline, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online which was an easy process and as part of this you had sinarios where you picked the most likely answer and this influenced the next question. I then got offered a telephone interview that took about 10 minutes with about 5 or more questions. If successful you were invited for a face to face interview.

Night Shift Stock Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q (Sheffield, England) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Online application: You may be asked to answer a few online questions to aid your application. The answers are linked to the company's values and going the extra mile.

2. The website states you will be contacted in seven working days, in my case it was three. Policy states contact to confirm or deny your application was successful.

3. Telephone interview with a manager: You will receive an email stating when you will be called. 0830 x 1230 for example. You will asked why you wish to join B&Q, it's history and CBQs. The call will last around ten minutes.

Search online telephone interviews.

4. Passed? Congratulations! ...you will be invited to an assessment centre at your applied to store a week later.

5. The day is split into two halves. You will be asked to speak to customers, wearing the famous orange apron. Then some team building exercises. If you pass the morning, you will be asked to stay to be interviewed. Again, CBQs.

6. You will be asked to complete an online induction, either at home or at your new store.

I would advise you to pop into a store before the interview. Make notes of the store's layout. This isn't a test, but it will help you, help customers during your time on the shopfloor. Your pad can be put into your apron pocket.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

telephone interview, generic retail questions. then invited to in store interview. first was a group one, where we were split into teams with tasks to complete, then there was a 1-1 interview with the manager

Interview Questions

• share a time you had to work in a team   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&Q.

Interview

The first round is online application, and then telephone interview, after which is final face-to-face interview. The process is straightforward, and questions are company & role related (Why this company? Why this role? Why you?). Just need to be fully prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Basildon, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at B&Q (Basildon, South East England, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Very quick process, applied for the job and got an email a few days later arranging a telephone interview for the next day. Easy questions and the women who interviewed me was lovely. Was told I was successful and got invited for a one on one interview in the store the next day.
    Store interview was quite laid back with store manager who was also very friendly, interview only lasted about 30 mins. Got a call later that day offering me the job :)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.