BD Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BD Interview Questions

Updated 20 May 2018

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

I had phone interviews with some of the employees at BD and afterwards, I got an offer letter. They mostly asked about my previous experiences working in groups and on projects. I also got asked about my technical skills and why I chose to use certain platforms or programs over others.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose a specific platform over another one when developing your project device?   Answer Question

EDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

I completed an automated video interview, where questions were shown on screen and they recorded my answer. Two of the "questions" allowed me to talk freely about my resume and why I thought I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position and what makes you qualified?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Vernon Hills, IL (US)).

Interview

Video interview with about 5 questions having to do with background, interest in the position and the company, and relevant skills. Contacted 2 days later to arrange an onsite. Interviewed with three people in two hours. Everyone was friendly, great environment, enthusiastic about their jobs, and willing to explain as much as possible about the position.

Interview Questions

• How is your performance evaluated in your current position?   Answer Question

Revenue Recognition Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BD (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I came in for the first round of interviews where there was a panel of three interviewers, all managers in the group. The head manager took control of the interview, which I don't think is a good approach when you have a panel. The head interviewer was very unauthentic and made me feel very uncomfortable during the interview. I could tell the other two interviewers felt awkward as well. Usually I do well and feel comfortable in interviews but during and after the interview I already had a strong feeling that I didn't want to work at this company. While I was not interested, I was shocked at the level of professionalism. I was never even emailed telling me that I wasn't chosen for the final round of interviews. It is one thing to have a bad interviewer and experience at a company, but it tells me even more about a company that lacks basic professionalism. Perhaps others would have a better experience but I can already tell this company doesn't care about employees as individuals and the work environment would be very political within this large corporation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should pick you for this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Hunt Valley, MD (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was more of a conversation and not so much the typical questions. I was told that the person conducting the interview would call me personally to let me know whether or not I got the job. He did not. I got the obligatory email.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Baltimore, MD (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted application online. Get phone call from hiring manager for interview and brought to the site for group interview. Intensive technical questions and tests which last more than 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of your creative solution for problem solving in your work?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD (Vernon Hills, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Two groups of interviewers. Each group interviewed me for about 50 minutes long. Very easy going people and easy to speak to. Really tried to get to know you on a personal level. Also asked many questions that were not professionally related.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

Phone Interview only, very friendly interview with tough questions but also getting to know each other as people. Great experience overall, was definitely on the easier side of the spectrum.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of good lab processes   1 Answer

MBA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD in January 2018.

Interview

There were 20+ positions available, for a completely different role with different hiring managers. If selected to the final round, each applicant had to force rank their top 10 positions. All hiring managers had to nay/yay each applicant. Then, BD used some algorithm to match applicants and hiring managers. You went to their Franklin Lakes and were set up with 3-5 interviews with the hiring managers you matched with. After the interviews, you force rank the positions and they force rank you again.

Interview Questions

• Each hiring manager was different. Some just wanted to have a conversation, others had behavioral questions, and others gave scenarios   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter. Had a 30 minute call with him about my resume, then moved on to the next call which was another 30 minute interview with a BD technical recruiter for the team I would be working for. This was mostly a very general overview of the position and a general conversation about my experience. He seemed to have a pretty good understanding of the tech side of things. Next I talked to the person who was heading up the project I was working on. It was one last in-depth conversation about my credentials. It was mildly frustrating that at the end of the call I was told they would contact me one way or the other and I never heard from any of the 3 people I talked to ever again. To be fair I also should have reached out after a week of not hearing back from them, but it was still irritating that they never contacted me ever again.

Interview Questions

• All were questions about my resume and experience with C# and NLP   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.