Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017

3.6

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied through MBA campus recruiting. Positive experience throughout the recruiting process. Most supportive, helpful, and encouraging people I've ever dealt with, and I'm just a candidate. Very impressive.

R1 Interviews were back to back 45-min cases, both sort of difficult, with minimal behavioral and some time for questions at the end. One of my interviewers was literally yawning and totally disengaged (hence the "neutral" rating), and the other was awesome.

Bain is my favorite of MBB and has outstanding people.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round interview: two 30 minutes case interview with some behavioral questions. The case interviews are fun and should be doable with preparation. However, not sure with their criteria for the interviewee.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Very pleasant, applied through university. Process was quick. Two cases, behavioral questions at the beginning of the interview. Case was straightforward--math was simple and concepts were easy. Overall a good interview experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Contacted me for an interview with a case prep workshop beforehand. Two 30 minute interviews with two different people. Each interview consisted of a 20 minute case and 10 minutes for questions.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Pretty easy interview. 3 people around 30min each. Mostly questions about resume and behavioral questions. Know your story and your strengths. Be prepared to ask them a lot of questions too. There is a lot of time for this so have around 5 solid questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather do something perfectly and hand it in late, or do something on time that isnt quite perfect   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

The process is fairly quick and painless. Everyone is extremely nice throughout. First round interview in Boston office. Typically they are somewhat math heavy problems. Its nothing crazy but practicing mental math is critical.

Interview Questions

• Two market sizing questions linked with pricing and an acquisition.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through my university and had two on-campus interviews. The interviewers seem to have an idea of who they want to pass onto the next round based off of a schmoozing event the day before.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews consisted of standard behavioral questions and two market sizing questions.   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Interview

The first round was on campus and the second round was AC interview on site. I did not make it to the final round. The resume screening was quite unpredictable.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and the process was straightforward. Each interview has a behavioral component and a case part. The tone is conversational for the behavioral part of it, and slightly more formal for the actual case.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round was fairly straightforward case interviews with market sizing and product rollout questions. Interviewers were super friendly and fairly helpful. There were also a handful of boilerplate personal/behavioral questions about why Bain/why consulting/etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.