Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Bain & Company

1,431 Interview Reviews

3.6

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two B2B cases, with brief 3Y questions up front; and then cases with calculation and graphs; after the cases, there is follow up behavior questions, quite similar to SJT, and finally a brief Q&A

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a piece of information your manager want you to look for is not available?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

2 rounds of case interviews with simple fit questions asking at first 5-10 min. Since I did my interviews during COVID, everything was through Zoom. The interviews with the leadership team were very chatty and guided.

Interview Questions

• Case: bike retail and call service center. make sure you practice market size estimation questions. Fit: why are you interested in Bain   Answer Question

BEL Interview

Interview

2 case interviews were given to me
    Each was 30 minutes
    No behaviorals asked besides "tell me about yourself"
    Friendly interviewers
    Have not gotten back to me yet but said they would soon

Advanced Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The first round is the Coding project within 4 hours. The second round is interviewing with two people, one by one, they are from the team and one is the team manager. The conversation is really smooth and the tech case is not hard. But the 4 hours project can be challenging. I spent total time on that.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with high pressure and unexpected situation   Answer Question
    • Tech Case focused on how to communicate with other people and help them understand the data-related things   Answer Question
    • why this position   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Interview process was friendly, challenging, and collaborative. Most company interactions are evaluative so be friendly, write thank you emails, follow up when you can. Making a good impression on recruiting is important for initial screening, but after that, you have to be quick and creative when doing cases, as well as calm, friendly, and curious during interviews.

Interview Questions

• "Why consulting?" "Why Bain?"
      Looking at my resume and asking me about particular roles or volunteer positions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

DO NOT waste your time for FWRD@Bain. They give you a run around regarding the hiring process. 2 Phone, 1 In-person and then NOTHING! Zero communication and it seems to be the norm for this place. I will be calling Bain HR and letting them know what this "affiliated" company is doing for HR practices

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you walked out of an interview because they had no clue what to ask or what they were doing   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

This was an unbelievably transparent process -- obviously difficult, particularly the case questions, but there weren't any surprises. The firm's culture comes out at every level, from Consultants to Partners.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was a bit nerve wrecking, it seemed as though the interviewers (at least one of the two) was also trying to catch me out during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why the profit of a retail bank was falling   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Detroit, MI (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied on campus, did two 45 minute case interviews
    no behavioral questions asked apart from tell me about yourself
    be hypothesis driven and drive the case
    don't use generic frameworks
    mostly profitability cases
    Prepare two questions to ask your interviewer

Advanced Analytics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process began with me doing both a take-home data science assessment, then recording a one way video interview. After that, I had a technical interview with one of their data scientists, and a case interview with one of their consultants.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.