Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated 16 Dec 2017

3.6

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was generally ok and consisted of some personal (leadership, experience, etc.) questions and cases. The cases were interesting and novel, and the interviewers seemed to really want to get to know me. They were also open about their experiences at the firm.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Did it online from NY because position was in LA. They did everything possible to ensure I was on equal playing field with everyone else. Called the very next day to discuss results. Very courteous.

Interview Questions

• All case questions in the first round so prepare for cases.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Networked to find out more about company/get an interview from non-target. First round was 2 back to back 45 minute case interviews with a little behavioral.

Final round was a super day with other candidates, flew out to office, had 2 interviews the were very similar to first round, just a bit more open-ended and less framework oriented.

Summer Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview was relaxed because they are super nice. It was three cases each focusing on a different business problem. Tackling advertising, increasing revenue, and purchasing an asset. Make sure to practice casing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the most impactful thing I've ever done was.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 back-to-back case interviews at school career center. Got interviewers' profile before going in. Each started with 1-2 behavioral questions, then a case (market entry, profitability, market-sizing) and ended with a couple of questions for the interviewer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied through my university (cover letter, resume, transcript). Interviewed on campus-2 30 minute cases with different interviewers. Later that day i found out I got to the final round which was the next day. These were one hour with principal/vp's-30 min case and 30 minutes of behavioral/conversation. Was informed a week later I did not get an offer (wasn't a surprise because I knew I messed up one case and in those competitive finals you really have to be flawless basically). Overall a good experience and was great practice for other consulting/case interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round interview consisted of two back to back 30 minute case interviews on campus. Interviewer does a great job of guiding you through case. One market sizing question/increase profits question and another deciding whether or not a company should invest in a certain product

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through targeted on-campus recruiting and received an invite shortly thereafter. The interview process was two back-to-back cases. Each case was interviewee led with supplemental charts and data. My interviewers were both very warm and comfortable. There was a brief "Tell me something about yourself" in the first case, but the process is very case heavy.

I did not proceed to the next round, but still received a phone call from one of my recruiters to explain the process - a very nice touch.

ACI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

To solidify an interview, expect a great deal of networking (phone calls, events, etc.) First round interview was two cases, 30 minutes each, with two different consultants. The cases were exactly what you would expect.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions whatsoever. The entire interview was just two cases.   Answer Question

ACI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First round was two 30 minute interviews. It was a case question and it was very quick, not a lot of time to talk about you as a person.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.