Balfour Beatty Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Balfour Beatty Interview Questions

Interviews at Balfour Beatty

2.7

Media Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty.

Interview

I submitted a resume online for a Media Relations Manager position. Some two weeks later I received an email from one of their recruiters inviting me to interview. I immediately responded back with a list of days / times on which I was available. Unfortunately, I never heard anything from them again. I followed up with the recruiter a week later and still got absolutely zero response. Very unprofessional so far as I'm concerned and I would have think twice before ever applying with Balfour Beatty again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to respond back to the recruiter with a list of day / times on which I could interview.   Answer Question

EHS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (San Mateo, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Very Relaxed environment, interview team was very pleasant and fully described the Company operations as well as the specific job description and tasks. The team made me feel like I was already a member of the company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me back after 2 weeks for an phone interview. The phone interview was pretty good and the interviewer told me that she will let me know next week if I was chosen for face to face interview. I thought I got the job but they rejected me.

Leasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairburn, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Fairburn, GA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Was smooth I felt comfortable with the manager and her questions she was very happy to be part of the company and the staff was pleasant the property was beautiful during the process I also did my own research to make sure it was the right fit for me as well

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I felt about working on my own being part of the team.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Relatively informal. Sit-down interview in the project-site office. All B.B. employees on that project came into the room and had copies of my resume. Very typical questions, though nothing about salary for obvious reasons. Really dug into my related experience, and they asked me some straight-forward and text-book questions. They asked about other projects by B.B. that I might be more interested in. (To be clear, I have not received a formal offer, but my recruiter seems confident that I landed the role. It's been 9 days since the interview).

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you faced a challenge"
      "Name a time you made a mistake"
      "How were you punished?"
      "Read this plan-sheet, tell me what you see." (interview presented structural plan page in order to test my knowledge)
      "Why did you choose B.B."   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty.

Interview

Simple and straight to the point. Questions were based on position and work experience. It was a informal interview, more of a conversation which I loved. First I had a phone screening about customer service experience and then a week later I had a 1:1 interview with the FM.

Resident Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Carson, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Fort Carson, CO (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Got a call a week after applying, asking to come in for interview. Got interviewed by two ladies who were friendly and easygoing. Unfortunately the pay is too low for the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to earn?   1 Answer

Project Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I got this interview opportunity through recruiter. Actually several recruiters were aggressively to fill this position at the moment. I had phone interview with HR director of the project then a few days later, I had one in person interview with direct supervisor and Director of the project. After an interview, I got offer in 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Beginning was basic questions always any employers ask. Why do you want to work for this company? etc Special question was more details of skill you can contribute to the project. Also, brief casual conversation regarding background and what goal you have in near future.   1 Answer

Director of IT Operations and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process began in early November.

My first interview was with the CIO and another IT director. It was a pleasant interview with standard questions. I never did a phone screen with the recruiter. I received zero follow up from the internal recruiter after multiple attempts to connect.

Then out of the blue I received a request to come in for a second interview with managers that would be direct reports in the role. This was also a pleasant interview.

Again, I received zero response from the recruiter. After several attempts to get an update, another person in HR emailed me they were still doing interviews and expected to have a decision by the 22nd of January. And again, no communication from anyone 3 weeks later.

This was a high level role and I’m shocked at how they handled candidates. They just totally ghosted on me. I received another job offer, so I’m not pursuing this one any longer. It’s now February.

Please teach your internal recruiters how to follow up with candidates. Don’t waste our time and keep us informed during the process. My feelings won’t be hurt by a No. This is a basic job function of a recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty in May 2017.

Interview

Simple phone interview. Asked about previous experience and why I would be good for the job. Hired by the end of the same week. Too easy for unqualified applicants. No real requirements.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.