Balfour Beatty Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Balfour Beatty Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jul 2018

2.7

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Actually was a good interview. 1St. interview was with the Company Project Manager and the second
    interview was with the company Director of Operations. It had taken two weeks to decide on who was going to have this position, but since I had over 30 years of experience it wasn't too difficult to decide whom this was going to be. I was awarded this position after the second interview.

IT Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Fairfax, VA (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

With CIO -- 15 years ago... Good, casual, more concerned with personality than technical skills...

Interview Questions

• Why didn't I stay in the Army...   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I met a recruiter in a career fair. There we had a conversation about what I like about construction. I also told them some of my background and that I really liked the company. I heard from the company before running into them at the career fair. They told me to apply online to a specific position.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

applied through Indeed, and the manager called me within a few days. Went to the interview , got asked a few questions about my experience, and the courses I took in college, manager was impressed I and got hired a couple days later. Was fairly simple

Interview Questions

• What classes did you take in college?
      how do you handle time management?   Answer Question

BIM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Charlotte, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I first met the hiring manager at a career fair, then applied online in October. I got an email back in December to ask if I was still interested in the position. I attended another on campus career fair in February and spoke with the same hiring manager. I got a call and set up an interview. I was hired the following day.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed 3 times, very straight forward and asked a lot of questions...Very easy to talk to them and tell them the work that I had already experienced in the field.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview was a panel interview with two gentlemen. They asked a range of questions from what are you looking for in this position to what do you like to do in your spare time

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Multiple-round process consisting of interviews with the majority of the team in NY including Partner, Director, Vice President and Senior Associate. Interviews were fairly casual - a lot of resume discussion, a case study discussion, an excel test, and behavioral questions - no other real finance/accounting questions. First round was with the partner and subsequent rounds were with the other teammates. During the final round I received an offer from another fund that I accepted - as such I rescinded my application prior to the final decision - I was told by the headhunter prior to rescinding that it was down to me and one other candidate.

Interview Questions

• To describe a recent deal I worked on and closed - what were the main holdups/gating items and items of concern.   Answer Question

Senior Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was initially by phone. Then I was brought in to meet supervisor, and incumbent employee holding the position. Expectations of the position were misleading, and supervision described was not that which is administered. Supervision was assigned to a person in a lateral position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The Interview was very informal, the interviewer made it seem as two guys talking at a bar, everything was discussed during the first 30 minutes then the following 30 minutes were just talking about personal things. I walked away from the interview with a very fair offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were general knowledge about the industry and my experience with the different projects.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.