Barrhead Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Barrhead Travel

2.6

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barrhead Travel (Glasgow, Scotland) in July 2018.

Interview

Basic interview questions about experience, values & why suitable for the job. Some questions on Travel, where certain places are. Quick maths question in middle of interview about working out customer discount . Also asked to sell a pen to interviewer

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barrhead Travel (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2017.

Interview

2 stage interview. One with the Fianance Manager and one of the owners. Second interview with same Finance Manager and the other owner. Questions included asking if I was married and if I had any kids. When I said no the reply was “you will”. Didn’t get it.

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barrhead Travel (Glasgow, Scotland) in August 2015.

Interview

Technical development test and interview. Followed by telephone interview with a technical specialist unable to attend at interview stage. Salary negotiations between company and recruitment agency. Job offer subject to references being checked.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions about work and personal interests outside work   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barrhead Travel (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2016.

Interview

When can you start as they are desperate for staff ! Very high turnover of staff for a reason ! Terrible company who treat staff very unfairly ! Only a matter of time before they have no1 left

Social Media Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barrhead Travel (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

It was a quick process, in which there was lots of communication and I was consistently updated on the process of my application. The interview was informative and pleasant, the interviewer was genuinely interested in finding out what you would bring to the team and your strengths!

HR Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barrhead Travel.

Interview

Applied through recruitment company. I was asked illegal questions such as "are you or have you been pregnant in the last 6 months". This on itself made me lose interest in working for this company.

Head Office Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barrhead Travel (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

Very strange process. Applied for a job after seeing an advert, several months later I was invited to attend an interview via email. I called the number in the email to discuss details and the call was answered abruptly, asked to speak to the hr advisor and was questioned as to what it was regarding before the person would confirm that she was indeed the hr advisor. I asked about the salary on offer and wanted to confirm a few things on the job advert but was told she didn’t have any details, it would be discussed at interview.

The interview itself took place in the head office, which appeared to be a series of windowless back office rooms behind their travel agent store in Glasgow. After some routine questioning where I felt it went quite well, I was talked through the second stage interview process by the interviewer and told the hr advisor would be in touch to confirm a suitable date for this.

This didn’t happen - instead I received a standard copy and paste email to inform me that I’d been unsuccessful. I was a bit shocked by this given I was led to believe that I’d be attending a second interview, so I responded to the email and asked for a bit of feedback so I could understand what happened. I never received a response.

After reading through some of the Glassdoor reviews, I have probably had a lucky escape and the interview process says a lot about how they value potential and current employees.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.