Bayer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bayer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bayer

Seed Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

They ask questions about how you handled situations in past experiences. Not necessarily anything that you did. They were extremely nice and always helped if they needed to rephrase the question.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you went above and beyond at your past job?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

Very good questions with a friendly feel throughout; they really put forward there best and it is clear they care for employees! I was very impressed with the engagement from the entire panel. Most of the time people fear panels, but the way they handled conversations felt very organic !

Interview Questions

• How important is diversity and how well do you work in a diverse setting?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

HR interview, 1:1 interview, and group panel interview. The process is smooth and everyone was nice. The process took about 1 month. Had a positive experience, everyone was very transparent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took initiative for a customer without them having to ask   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call during corona virus. Applied online and heard back very quickly. Still waiting to find out about future steps. They were very kind and quick and wanted to know About my experience and what I could bring to the company.

Research Agronomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by web based interviewed. Interview went well, although it was all behavioral based like, greatest strengths, weaknesses, etc. Everyone on the panel was very engaging and very nice. Bayer has great people!

Buyer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myerstown, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bayer (Myerstown, PA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied for the position online and 3 weeks later, I received an email from HR asking to do a ZOOM interview. This interview was a panel with 5 other people and lasted 1.5 hours. I was told that they would all confer with each other and the candidate they liked, would speak with the department head.
    Two weeks later, I received an email that I was BCc on, with three different times and dates to choose from, to speak with the head of their department.
    I thought that approach to be unprofessional, as her email was generic and obviously there were other candidates also copied.
    I went ahead and replied and a few days later had a 30-minute conversation. The person I spoke with was nice enough, but I felt as if he was just speaking with me to tick off a box.
    Two weeks had passed, and I hadn't heard from anyone. I reached out to the hiring manager as she said I could, if I had questions. Radio silence. I reached out to HR, radio silence. To be honest, HR was terrible with their communication the entire time.
    Over two months later, from start to completion, I finally got a generic rejection email, saying how they found someone who's skills ”more closely match the job description.” I found that hilarious, given that my background is in buying.....and specifically packaging.....exactly what they were looking for.
    I have zero tolerance or respect for an organization, that doesn't practice their own core values.
    Nowadays it seems that people feel they are not obligated to be decent human beings. A very hard pass on this company in the future.
    I could tell I wasn't the right shade they were looking for, from the get-go. Shame on me for even continuing the process, knowing I didn't have a chance.
    I'm sure they made the ”white hire” in the end, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you made a process improvement, that helped impact the bottom line.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted by phone and in person interview which lasted one hour but mainly consisted on behavioural questions. The process was very fast and got feedback one week after. The interview was very positive.

Field Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bayer (Tucson, AZ (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was a Facetime interview. It was nice to see the company was taking every precaution to keep people safe. The interview process was easy and I heard back from the company within a couple days.

Interview Questions

• What my strengths are and why I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

It was a very easy process. I had 3 levels of interview. One was with an HR person, one was with the program managers, and the last one was with teams that were interested in hiring me. I had three overall, but sometimes it is only one.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Apart from the recruiter and screening calls, I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to interview on-site at the New Jersey location. I arrived a day earlier and stayed over at the hotel that was booked for me.
    The on-site Interview was very formal (as expected). It was a full day interview with 1:1 meetings with about 6-7 people. I was asked questions that I expected - mostly very technical, and also about my leadership skills.
    I had a lunch meeting as well, and all expenses were reimbursed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.