Biogen Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 338 of over 338 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Biogen

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One over the phone which was informal with general questions about my background. The second interview was a video call where I was asked questions specific to the job. I then had to take a writing test.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

The interview went smoothly and we stayed on agenda. I was greeted at door in lobby and went straight to meeting room. I appreciate the time they took to schedule this.

Interview Questions
  • Explain an example of how you dealt with difference of opinion.

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

Three rounds of interview. Final round is a group into 4-5 30-minute sessions. Combination of technical and behavioral question. They want to know who you are and why they should hire you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

One phone screen and two face to face interviews. The phone screen is mostly to get a feel for the job. The following two interviews are more about culture fit and prior experience/what you can bring to the table. The final interview is a panel that focuses mostly on the “Elements of Biogen”

Interview Questions
  • Can you explain a time that a situation did not go your way and you needed to adapt to resolve a problem?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA)

Interview

The recruiter was nice and personable, and very professional. The panel interview was 4 hours, and Biogen typically interviews based on their 4 core values (the only one I can recall is agility) so the questions I got asked were almost identical to those I was asked when I interviewed for another position earlier this year. The interview itself honestly felt like they ran out of coffee in the office that day. The team was very disengaged. Some of the more junior folks could definitely yse some training on what not to ask during interviews.. The hiring manager said he would get back to me about some answers he did not know about the position (which was strange in and of itself), but never did.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when your company's needs were competing with the customer's needs and how you resolved it
  • Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you approached that
1 person found this interview helpful

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

4 phone screens, 1 onsite full day 6 interviews. There was one followup interview on the phone and then the recruiter called me a three days alter with an offer. The interview process was largely behavioral only a few were technical. The "elements of biogen" were the core interview themes - like how to deal with conflict, what are your biggest failures and successes?

Interview Questions
  • Explain how to debug this problem. What would you do in this situation?

Biogen

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

Hiring process involved two interviews, both were panel interviews (i.e., 2:1, 3:1). The first was typical behavioural and the second was a case (on the spot). You are given an overview which lasts about 10-15 min, then you have the remaining 45 min to prepare. Then you have to present the case in the following hour. Half of that time is your presentation and the other half is questions about the case presentation / additional questions from the hiring manager. The case itself was pretty broad - an overview of the disease area and market is provided. It is based on real data but is scrubbed quite a bit. Some basic market research data (charts, etc.) are included and you are tasked to review the information and come up with considerations and recommendations. (Nothing atypical for a case presentation)

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? Why transition from your existing role to this one? What additional fact, outside of work, should we know about you?

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

Short 15 minute phone interview about behavioral questions with the recruiter. A few days after, I received a call scheduling the next interview with a panel of hiring managers, which was technical based.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

I applied six month prior, then two phone interviews: one with HR and one with a manager Once selected, I was invited to a one day onsite interview, with technical and fit interviews

Interview Questions
  • What are your qualities? Why would you choose Biogen? What are your qualities?

Biogen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in Apr 2021

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter online, who requested my CV and from there set up a phone call. After that was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then finally a full day panel interview with the team. The technical and scientific team was so awesome - super talented and knowledgeable, with a real desire to learn about me, my background, and my potential fit within the company. The recruiter, however, was awful. Communicated wrong information, suggested I was a great fit for the role when I felt pretty clearly I was overqualified (I was), had no knowledge of the online history of this position, and then, unprompted by me, jumped the gun via email and suggested I was on the inside track for the role after the interview and promised I’d hear from her by end of week, only to ghost me later. Terribly unprofessional. After getting rejected, couldn’t even bring herself to call me (just sent me a short email with no feedback). Worst experience with a company recruiter I’ve ever had, and so bad that I’d actually think twice about applying to a Biogen position in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to put the needs of the broader company before the needs of your immediate work plans.
1 person found this interview helpful