Biogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find your next job here

Biogen Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jan 2018

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Phone Screen:
    Great chat with a very friendly TA partner, who also thought there were other roles open also aligned with my experience (I was thrilled!).

Phone Interview:
    Met with the hiring manager, but he was interviewing me for one of those other roles... which I hadn't been told, nor had I even seen the job description.
    Luckily, it still went well, and I made it into the next round of interviews.

In-person Interview:
    - 4 hours long
    - Met with 4 people
    - Delivered presentation on research they shared two (maybe three?) days before interview
    - Overall fairly standard interview, a couple of tougher questions, and adding in the presentation added a little more pressure than I've felt in other interviews

TA Partner was very responsive throughout the process.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

They are very unprofessional, I was interviewed two months ago and they never can give me a sure answer, they told me very positive feedback one month ago, and will give me an answer one week after that, but actually delayed 3 weeks, and until today they just said they had the position filled. So they just put you as a backup, totally waste my time.

Interview Questions

• The manager gave me a one page SAS programming test, very easy   Answer Question

Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was about 30 minutes, and they were very friendly. However, they asked me to interview in one day and I was waiting for the phone call. So, they changed the interview for another day because they were interviewing another candidate at the same time they scheduled with me. Overall, the interviewer was nice and friendly, and apologized for that. Thats can help with anyone!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background, what I would like to learn if I would be selected, and my expectations (salary, how to work in a fast-paced environment).   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter for a phone interview. After a week I was asked to interview with a team of 4 people from the department. Each person interviewed for 30 minutes. I then followed up a week after the interview and was told they decided to go with an internal candidate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

30 minute phone interview with company recruiter with questions relating to work history and experience. Contact a week after for an in-person interview with 4 different team members. Each team member interview was lasted 30 minutes.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Terribly put together interview process for an entry level position.

Everyone seemed frenetic, running around with their heads cut off. Got weird creepy vibes from people. Also an air of elitism, not seen at other pharma companies. There was abundance of chat about how great the people are there but it seemed like there were plenty of people talking about how they didn't like another person or another group. Chatting about drama like that to an interview candidate is laughable and clear giveaway of the culture at Biogen. Senior management seems awfully detached from people as well and are drinking some sort of kool aid

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Some questions showed they weren't listening   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, then invited to onsite interview. Extraordinarily poor communication from HR- for example, they sent me the interview schedule for another confidential candidate, and I noted that on that candidate's schedule, a cut-and-paste error had left the name of the third confidential candidate. On the plus side, at least I knew my competition. Also, they emailed me on the day of the interview to ask if I could arrive an hour earlier. I was traveling and did not get this email (they should have called my cell), so when I showed up at what I thought was half an hour EARLY, I was actually half an hour late.

Interview Questions

• HR asked the standard behavioral questions, from a script. Tell me about a time when....
      Some of the senior stakeholders asked pointed questions about resource allocation and management; they were clearly shopping for someone who would take their side in what appeared to be continuous turf wars in an undersized facility.   Answer Question

Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview scheduling takes forever. I was told to prepare a presentation week before the interview. People were nice. They acknowledged my skills. Everyone seemed to positive about me. They didn't ask anything unrelated and my presentation was interactive.
    The hiring manager didn't know what he wanted. They took forever to make a decision. The HR was slow to respond. They kept me hanging for more than a month. I had already moved on with another offer by then.

Senior Biostatistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager found a good match between my background and the opening. After a short phone screen, they decided to bring me to visit the campus.

The hiring team did very professionally and nicely. They reached out to me for lunch options, and they also accommodated my request for longer stay since it happened to be long weekend. The in-person interview was smooth. The interviewers discussed with me on some technical details, and they also asked me some behavior questions. No hard question was asked.

They followed up on me in every step, and asked my feedback after the interview. Even if I didn't make it, they provided honest suggestions to me for my future job hunting. It was a very nice experience.

Interview Questions

• technical questions, most of them are based on my presentation. Bayesian prior choice/FDR control/research background..   Answer Question

Senior Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was months of waiting after some of the most prominent doctors were supporting me. Week after week the recruiter left me a message saying “you’re still in contention! Just hold on”. After the many months of waiting, the recruitment company left a voicemail saying the position had been filled. A doctor heard it was a friend of the manager. After so much preparation a direct phone call would have been appropriate. But four and a half months of waiting was pretty much a big indicator...

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were how to handle objections directly from a neurologist...research and preparation was a must.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.