Biogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Biogen Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2017

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Terribly put together interview process for an entry level position.

Everyone seemed frenetic, running around with their heads cut off. Got weird creepy vibes from people. Also an air of elitism, not seen at other pharma companies. There was abundance of chat about how great the people are there but it seemed like there were plenty of people talking about how they didn't like another person or another group. Chatting about drama like that to an interview candidate is laughable and clear giveaway of the culture at Biogen. Senior management seems awfully detached from people as well and are drinking some sort of kool aid

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Some questions showed they weren't listening   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, then invited to onsite interview. Extraordinarily poor communication from HR- for example, they sent me the interview schedule for another confidential candidate, and I noted that on that candidate's schedule, a cut-and-paste error had left the name of the third confidential candidate. On the plus side, at least I knew my competition. Also, they emailed me on the day of the interview to ask if I could arrive an hour earlier. I was traveling and did not get this email (they should have called my cell), so when I showed up at what I thought was half an hour EARLY, I was actually half an hour late.

Interview Questions

• HR asked the standard behavioral questions, from a script. Tell me about a time when....
      Some of the senior stakeholders asked pointed questions about resource allocation and management; they were clearly shopping for someone who would take their side in what appeared to be continuous turf wars in an undersized facility.   Answer Question

Senior Biostatistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager found a good match between my background and the opening. After a short phone screen, they decided to bring me to visit the campus.

The hiring team did very professionally and nicely. They reached out to me for lunch options, and they also accommodated my request for longer stay since it happened to be long weekend. The in-person interview was smooth. The interviewers discussed with me on some technical details, and they also asked me some behavior questions. No hard question was asked.

They followed up on me in every step, and asked my feedback after the interview. Even if I didn't make it, they provided honest suggestions to me for my future job hunting. It was a very nice experience.

Interview Questions

• technical questions, most of them are based on my presentation. Bayesian prior choice/FDR control/research background..   Answer Question

Senior Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was months of waiting after some of the most prominent doctors were supporting me. Week after week the recruiter left me a message saying “you’re still in contention! Just hold on”. After the many months of waiting, the recruitment company left a voicemail saying the position had been filled. A doctor heard it was a friend of the manager. After so much preparation a direct phone call would have been appropriate. But four and a half months of waiting was pretty much a big indicator...

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were how to handle objections directly from a neurologist...research and preparation was a must.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

First Phone Screen. Asked questions on previous experience. Then In Person Interview. Good Interview with technical questions. Overall good interview process. People are nice and professional. Quick response to queries.

Associate Scientist II/III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position through the Biogen career site and received an email directly from the hiring manager the following day to set up a phone interview. The initial interview was very easy, and felt more like a conversation between two colleagues rather than an actual interview. I got off the phone feeling confident and excited about the possible opportunity. A few days later, I received an email from a woman in HR updating me about my upcoming on-site interview and asked me to choose an option for lunch and fill out a few forms. This caught me off guard since I was never informed that I was chosen for an in-person interview, but I just chalked it up to miscommunication, which is common within big pharma.

The following day, I was sent another email from HR. This time a man, who asked me to
    complete the same information that was requested by the initial HR woman. Again, no communication between employees. After providing all of the necessary info, I set up my interview date, scheduled my travel plans (including flights and hotel since I live more than 300 miles away), and was even provided with my interview schedule.

Less than a week before my interview, I was notified via an automated email that I was no longer being considered for the position, and was given a generic "we're pursuing other candidates" explaination. Although I was confused, I again assumed it was a miscommunication. I immediately forwarded the automated message to the (second) HR employee I had been in contact with, asking him if it was a mistake and to confirm that I was still scheduled for an interview in a few days. The next morning, I received a voicemail from HR informing me that the position was no longer open and the my interview had been cancelled (yes, that bluntly).

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I have never experienced such an uncoordinated and incompetent process, as I did with Biogen. It is disappointing that the HR department has such little respect for potential employees, definitely a wake-up call.

Advocacy Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The most responsive and transparent company I interviewed with during a recent job search. People were professional and super friendly. I felt heard and valued during the entire process. I did a number of phone interviews and a 1/2 day on sight. Seamless process. Kudos to the entire team!

Oral Dosage Drug Product Formulation Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview, and then on one site interview. In the on site interview, I was interviewed by 5 people, in 3 groups of 2, 2, and then 1. I wasn't any specific questions pertaining to my skills. The interview was more of a conversation about past projects and work experiences.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the HR person a few days later, asking for a phone screen with the manager of the department.

Day after the phone screen, got invited to do an on-site interview. The interview was great, everyone was friendly and welcoming. I interviewed with 8 people, one of which was over video conference.

Sadly I didn't get the position, but when the rejection letter came, they described the qualifications of the people they hired, which I found unprofessional. They should have left it at "We decided to pursue other candidates" and not mention information about the new hires.

Overall it was a good experience, but the way the rejection was handled left a negative impression.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Biogen to interview for a summer intern position. HR contacted me and we had a pre-interview conversation. Biogen really seemed like they wanted me to do well. HR was very prompt and easy to communicate with, which has been rare for me while applying for intern positions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SolidWorks?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.