Biogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Biogen Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2018

2.9

Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Submitted resume to online posting followed by phone call with HR rep and then in person interviews. Some discussion of interests in the biotechnology industry and also mostly interested in what long term goals were and how Biogen would fit in with those long term goals. Overall pretty easy and straightforward interview process.

Interview Questions

• Fit questions and a few examples of notable experiences.   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biogen (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied Online through the Biogen Idec Career page. Tedious process to create account and add information, but once created, can apply to multiple positions quickly. Once applied, a HR Recruiter from Biogen contacted me via email, online personality test, and then a brief phone interview.
    He then set up the in person panel interview within a week.

Interview Questions

• Biogen sent a pre-interview email with the following information:
      STAR Interview Guidance:

"Follow these guidelines when answer your questions. Provide the Situation or Task, Activity or Action, and the Result.

• Situation – set the context for your story. For example, "We were tasked with supporting our customers, but the computer systems were down." or "A major change to customers policies went into effect. This change was of great concern to the customers. In one case, there was an especially irate customer."
      • Task – what was required of you. For example, "It was my responsibility to support the customers through protocol without the systems." or "It was my responsibility to ensure customers of the benefits to the change in the policy and to walk them through the actions they needed to take. With this particular customer, I knew that a more thorough review of the previous and new policies would be needed to ensure them of the benefits to the change."
      • Activity or Action – what you actually did. For example, "By walking through our paper templates, I was able to assist the customer through the process without delay in their accounts." or "By walking item by item in their policy, the customer was shown all of the changes to the policy and how that affected their processes of benefits."
      • Result – how well the situation played out. For example, "Because I walked through the procedures on paper, we did not receive any calls stating that issues arose after the systems were back up and running. The customer didn't feel the impact of the system outage." or "By spending extra time with that irate customer, they were able to better understand the new policy. In the end, the customer understood where this change could actually help the benefits process. The customer also felt like they better understood the policy as a whole than they did prior to the change."

My interview was with 3 people at the same time, who asked questions as per info above, and other standard interview questions. They take notes while interviewing you.   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

You must pass an online typing and customer service skills test before interviewing. The in person interview was a STAR behavior based format. The questions were based on S- situation T- task A- action and R-result. They would ask you a question and you would have to respond in that format. They wanted very clear and concise answers. They would allow you a moment to think about and answer or come back to it in the end if needed. After the interview, I received an offer within a weeks time.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biogen (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you accomplished a task where you didn't have the tools or training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Everyone was brought in at the same salary.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn through an employment agency and applied. I got a call a couple days later from the agency and was asked to come in to speak with them. I spoke with two different people and took a few aptitude tests and was told to apply online to Biogen's website. A few days later I received an email from Biogen's HR department with an interview date and time (almost two weeks in the future). I interviewed at the RTP location with two people. The interview was situational based questions. All questions were to be answered in the STAR format. My interviewers were VERY polite and personable. We spent about 20 minutes talking after the interview while we waited for the HR lady to come get me. I was very pleased with the experience and left the interview feeling very confident and hoping I'd get the job offer. The next day a little after 5pm, I was called by a member of HR and offered the position. I accepted without hesitation!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty keeping up with a technology.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenge you faced that ended up being more difficult than originally anticipated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not negotiation. They told me the terms and I agreed. There is a base salary and bonuses plus excellent benefits.

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biogen in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter called and set up a phone interview. It was scheduled for 3 days later which was about 10 mins. He asked about my background and how do you solve problems with customers. Then HR called and scheduled a face to face interview which latest about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• what do you do when you have a problem with technology?   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biogen (Durham, NC (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Apparently Biogen Idec hires/trains Patient Services Coordinators approximately once a year. There are about 200 PSCs, with a 10% yearly turnover rate. I received a call to schedule a phone interview about a month after I applied online. The phone interview consisted of 30 minutes of behavior/personality questions, such as "Tell me about a time when you gave up something important to you in order to benefit a coworker." Later that week, I received two phone calls to arrange an interview time the following week. It appears they do morning and afternoon interviews several days a week and we were told that they had received over 800 applications for 24 spots. I was told that they would still be interviewing in January, with training starting mid-February, so quite a long wait for possible employment. We were told that it is a 60% chance of employment if you make it to an in-person interview.
    My group consisted of six people, all dressed in suits. After a brief general talk about the company and a chance to ask questions, I was escorted to a room and was interviewed first by a woman and then by a man for about 25 minutes each. The man didn't look me in the eyes most of time, which was creepy. Again, the questions were all personality tests like "Tell me about a time when you were too compassionate." Huh? At work? I found the interview process difficult because after working for many years in a very small and tight-knit group, it was hard for me to come up with meaningful examples of coworker conflict resolution or my skill in gaining consensus in a work group. I think people who are glib, who think fast on their feet ,and who have experience in corporate environments will be the most successful with this type of interview.
    The people I met at Biogen Idec were positive about the company and clearly dedicated.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you thought you understood what someone said, but it turned out you were mistaken."   Answer Question
    • "Tell me about your biggest technological challenge so far."   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

I first received a phone call to schedule a phone interview (third party). The phone interview was very easy and felt laid back. The typical questions were asked such as why do you want to work for Biogen. About a week after the phone interview I was called to schedule a one-on-one interview. This interview consisted of a a 30 minute Q&A session with 2 recruiters and two 45 minute one-on-one interviews. The questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult technological challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)).

Interview

Managers used behavioral interviewing questions - things like, "tell me about a time you had to solve a problem and failed."

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Recruiter emailed me after a week to schedule the phone interview. Phone interview went very well. Almost two weeks later, have heard nothing. I assume they moved onto other candidates.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.