BrewDog Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 21 Aug 2017

2.9

Analytical Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in July 2017.

Interview

First I was contacted for a Skype interview of about 30 min. After a week I was invited for a face to face interview at BrewDog plc. The interview was relaxed and the interviewers made you feel at ease. Another week later I found out I did not get the job. When asked for feedback I got a hasty reply that wasn't of much use, set up to not disappoint you too much. Concluding: it was a pleasant interview process, but feedback could be better, especially since the applicant deserves to at least get something for the amount of time they have spend in the interview process.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in February 2017.

Interview

From start to finish the whole interview process only took around 2 weeks from first chat with the recruiter to being offered the job. As soon as I expressed interest in the role I was contacted by the recruiter who rang me the same day to give me all the details of the role, filled me in on what its like to work for Brewdog and asked me a series of questions to see whether I would be a good fit for Brewdog or not. This was then followed by a Skype interview a few days later with the head of finance ( to go over more technical finance questions) and then finally an interview at the Brewery in Ellon in which I got an awesome tour of the site. Throughout the whole process there was great communication back and forth and the recruiter was amazingly helpful with any questions I had. It was blatantly obvious from the first chat that people at Brewdog are incredibly passionate about what they do and that this is a company I really wanted to be a part of.

Bars Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BrewDog (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Skype interview followed by a face to face interview paired with a presentation. All in all the process was shambolic. I was passed from pillar to post for three months to then learn I didn't get the job from a member of their team that I hadn't spoken to before as I lacked specific bar experience.. Something which I think I could have been told from my CV initially... A bit of a waste of time really.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to create a presentation on how I would improve sales in the bars in a one month period.   Answer Question

BrewDog Response

8 Feb 2017 – Job Whisperer

Hey, thanks so much for your honest feedback! We always aim to have a positive experience for candidates throughout their journey with us regardless of the outcome. Our growth plans can change the... More

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in October 2016.

Interview

Takes them weeks to get back to you about the job you applied for . I was invited to an interview in Ellon. The facility is amazing, very busy.

The interview was laid back and informal which was good. In the end I wasn't offered a job which isn't great as I have shares. You would think someone who has invested their money into the company would be offered a position with them when its an entry level job. Surely all of their young investor's are "passionate about craft beer?"

Anyway, they generally keep you on hold for weeks and if you are lucky enough to get an interview - consider it a free tour.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in September 2016.

Interview

It's been a while back, but from what I remember it was a relaxed casual interview. None of the competency questions, which I appreciated a lot. Wanted to know a lot about what I think of them and how do I find them, and how do I imagine a day of work as a lab technician. After a successful interview, they invited me for a trial day, which was an almost full 8-4 (unpaid). After a trial, another casual interview, where they wanted to hear about how did I like the work there. If it's how I imagined it would be. If there's anything I wanted to know... I thought it was going great, but more than a week later they phoned me and told me they thought this position wouldn't be enough challenging for me, so they chose a candidate who they thought would benefit more from it. I guess you can't say that you're familiar with all the work they make you do on a trial day. I only thought that would be positive asset.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrewDog.

Interview

As part of the application we were asked to provide a 5 slide power point presentation based around - Tell us about a brand that you admire and why, design a beer concept and a release strategy, How do we further engage our Equity Punks, Where should we open a new bar and give a revolutionary new idea to grow the business.

The interview itself was a group assessment day with 12 grads present. We started with a introduction to the company and each other and the team who were present. We then did a role playing game - all about a nuclear fall out and there was a nuclear shelter with only 5 spaces available, we had to decide between us who entered.

We then had a blitz question round with 5 mins to think of the answers and 30 secs to present our answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you double the sales of punk?
      Give us one revolutionary idea to for BrewDog.
      How would you market This.Is.Lager to compete with the big boys?   Answer Question

Business Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BrewDog (Aberdeen, Scotland).

Interview

The interview process has been different from the usual ones and required a fast and creative attitude. I think that passion for craft beer and commitment are the fundamental parameters for the candidates' selection.

The main steps of the interview process were:
    - ONLINE APPLICATION (1 week time): motivational letter, resumee, 30 second video of presentation from the best mate, 5 slide presentation
    - SKYPE INTERVIEW (1 hour): BrewDog culture questions, personality and personal interests, craft beer knowledge
    - GROUP ASSESSMENT (9 hours): group activities and brewery tour

Interview Questions

• Which is your most favourite beer ever and why?   Answer Question
    • If you would have the possibility to
      change something about BrewDog what would you change?   Answer Question

QHSE Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in August 2016.

Interview

A bit unusual as there was an HSE emergency as soon as I walked in the door! Interview was conducted by HR as a result. Very comfortable and informal interview, felt like we were just chatting without all the pressure of a usual interview situation. HSE manager became free for a couple of minutes to introduce himself which despite the rushed nature, was still relaxed and informal in approach.

HSE Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in August 2016.

Interview

I had seen the role advertised online on the Friday. On Monday morning I had sent in my covering letter and CV and I had my first interview by the Tuesday afternoon.

First interview - an informal chat at BrewDog HQ & site tour.
    The interview was very positive. The Interviewers were lovely and made me feel at ease. General chat about the role I was moving from and what I could take to the position. - Normal interview chat but it didn't have the interview "pressure". After the chat I went on a tour with the HSE manager. I had read up a lot about the brewing process and the new equipment which had been bought so it was great to see everything. HSE manager was very knowledgeable and the place looked great - very clean and tidy!
    I left the interview with a smile on my face.

Second interview - informal drinks at BrewDog (Castlegate).
    As the head of quality was heading to America on the Friday and said he would like to meet me before hand, we met on the Thursday night at the BrewDog Bar in the Castlegate (Aberdeen). This again was a very informal chat about the position and the company itself. I really enjoyed myself and felt relaxed and happy (and got to have a few of the beers - which was great!)

Very positive interview experience, one of the best interviews I had as they made you feel so welcome and you could be yourself.

Graduate - Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial application was open from 23rd of June until 8th of July, including submitting a 5 minute presentation and a 30 second video from a friend.
    I then got an email, on the 11th of July, inviting me to the next stage of the process which was a Skype interview which was arranged for the 21st. The Skype interview was roughly one hour long.
    On the 23rd I received an email inviting me to the next stage of the process which was a group interview at the BrewDog HQ up in Ellon, Aberdeenshire scheduled for the 28th.
    The day on the 28th was a full assessment day/group interview including a Q&A with both James and Martin, brewery tours and beer tastings along side group activities and role plays.
    Then on 29th of July I received a phone call offering me on of the positions as Production Graduate.

The whole experience was great, very quick and open and any information you wanted was provided or given upon asking.
    The Skype interview was quite informal and relaxed which helped to settle some nerves and the group stage was great, didn't really feel like an interview as the staff were friendly, knowledgable and the whole group were awesome people.
    Throughout the process and especially at Ellon it's really clear to see that they care about their people and doing what they can to improve themselves as an employer.
    Passionate about beer and people, is what they say and it's very clear to see that they mean that!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.