BrewDog Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Sep 2018

2.8

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in September 2016.

Interview

It's been a while back, but from what I remember it was a relaxed casual interview. None of the competency questions, which I appreciated a lot. Wanted to know a lot about what I think of them and how do I find them, and how do I imagine a day of work as a lab technician. After a successful interview, they invited me for a trial day, which was an almost full 8-4 (unpaid). After a trial, another casual interview, where they wanted to hear about how did I like the work there. If it's how I imagined it would be. If there's anything I wanted to know... I thought it was going great, but more than a week later they phoned me and told me they thought this position wouldn't be enough challenging for me, so they chose a candidate who they thought would benefit more from it. I guess you can't say that you're familiar with all the work they make you do on a trial day. I only thought that would be positive asset.

Analytical Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in July 2017.

Interview

First I was contacted for a Skype interview of about 30 min. After a week I was invited for a face to face interview at BrewDog plc. The interview was relaxed and the interviewers made you feel at ease. Another week later I found out I did not get the job. When asked for feedback I got a hasty reply that wasn't of much use, set up to not disappoint you too much. Concluding: it was a pleasant interview process, but feedback could be better, especially since the applicant deserves to at least get something for the amount of time they have spend in the interview process.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in October 2016.

Interview

Takes them weeks to get back to you about the job you applied for . I was invited to an interview in Ellon. The facility is amazing, very busy.

The interview was laid back and informal which was good. In the end I wasn't offered a job which isn't great as I have shares. You would think someone who has invested their money into the company would be offered a position with them when its an entry level job. Surely all of their young investor's are "passionate about craft beer?"

Anyway, they generally keep you on hold for weeks and if you are lucky enough to get an interview - consider it a free tour.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2015.

Interview

Head hunted from being a supplier. The process was extremely quick. I met all the key stakeholders (some venues more interesting than others!) Process turned around in 2 weeks. The team were great and honest with the key challenges they were facing. It allowed me to be prepared for what my initial focused had to be on.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in May 2014.

Interview

Asked to prepare a 20 presentation - very informal chat with Head of People didnt present the presentation as she did all the talking. The interview was more about enthusing about BrewDog and what a wonderful company they were and what she had done since joining

Interview Questions

• What was it about BrewDog that I liked   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in August 2015.

Interview

1st interview was very informal so had no idea how it went.
    2nd interview was again very informal, asked to create a presentation on what Brewdog means to me. Also had to perform some manual tasks testing me on attention to detail.

What has irritated me is that I found out I didn't get the job by email. Going through a 2 round interview process, I would appreciate some verbal feedback via phone. Copping out and relaying this information by email is entirely inappropriate and feels like someone isn't fond of giving bad news, which is a critical skill to have in HR.

Interview Questions

• What did Brewdog meant to me?   1 Answer

BrewDog Response

16 Feb 2016 – Keymaster

Sorry to hear that you missed out on feedback over the phone. We realise that this is super valuable so we now make sure that all interview candidates will get a phone call from our recruitment team... More

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in February 2017.

Interview

From start to finish the whole interview process only took around 2 weeks from first chat with the recruiter to being offered the job. As soon as I expressed interest in the role I was contacted by the recruiter who rang me the same day to give me all the details of the role, filled me in on what its like to work for Brewdog and asked me a series of questions to see whether I would be a good fit for Brewdog or not. This was then followed by a Skype interview a few days later with the head of finance ( to go over more technical finance questions) and then finally an interview at the Brewery in Ellon in which I got an awesome tour of the site. Throughout the whole process there was great communication back and forth and the recruiter was amazingly helpful with any questions I had. It was blatantly obvious from the first chat that people at Brewdog are incredibly passionate about what they do and that this is a company I really wanted to be a part of.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

After submitting my CV via email, I scheduled an interview with the bar manager. It was very friendly and straightforward. The manager struck a good balance between a personal and professional interest.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrewDog.

Interview

As part of the application we were asked to provide a 5 slide power point presentation based around - Tell us about a brand that you admire and why, design a beer concept and a release strategy, How do we further engage our Equity Punks, Where should we open a new bar and give a revolutionary new idea to grow the business.

The interview itself was a group assessment day with 12 grads present. We started with a introduction to the company and each other and the team who were present. We then did a role playing game - all about a nuclear fall out and there was a nuclear shelter with only 5 spaces available, we had to decide between us who entered.

We then had a blitz question round with 5 mins to think of the answers and 30 secs to present our answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you double the sales of punk?
      Give us one revolutionary idea to for BrewDog.
      How would you market This.Is.Lager to compete with the big boys?   Answer Question

Business Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BrewDog (Aberdeen, Scotland).

Interview

The interview process has been different from the usual ones and required a fast and creative attitude. I think that passion for craft beer and commitment are the fundamental parameters for the candidates' selection.

The main steps of the interview process were:
    - ONLINE APPLICATION (1 week time): motivational letter, resumee, 30 second video of presentation from the best mate, 5 slide presentation
    - SKYPE INTERVIEW (1 hour): BrewDog culture questions, personality and personal interests, craft beer knowledge
    - GROUP ASSESSMENT (9 hours): group activities and brewery tour

Interview Questions

• Which is your most favourite beer ever and why?   Answer Question
    • If you would have the possibility to
      change something about BrewDog what would you change?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.