BrewDog Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BrewDog Interview Questions

Interviews at BrewDog

2.7

Assistant Brewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BrewDog (Columbus, OH (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with one of their recruiters in Scotland and was asked questions about my history of brewing and my knowledge. He was friendly, though the time difference meant that my interview was at 6AM. A few weeks later they flew me to Columbus for interviews with the team. Everyone was very friendly and open with my questions

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you still need to learn to be a better brewer?   Answer Question

Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Andrews, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Saint Andrews, Scotland) in August 2020.

Interview

Initial face to face interview followed by a zoom call, applied online after around 2 weeks had an email inviting me to an interview with the kitchen manager and assistant manager, great interview process, very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is your notice period for your current employment   1 Answer

Bar Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BrewDog.

Interview

Very unconventional group interview process. Introduction presentation was given on the company followed by round table discussion where we each talked about a personal interest. This was then coupled by an individual one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite beer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog.

Interview

Initial online application including CV upload, video about a subject i am geeky about and questions re the craft beer world.
    Follow up zoom video interview with HR and hiring manager,
    Final face to face interview with hiring manager and UK sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Favourite beer?
      Best and worst things the business had done that year
      Prior work/experience relevant questions in line with the role   Answer Question

Packaging Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in August 2018.

Interview

I wanted to apply in person but since there is no one in the office on Sun I left my application in Brewdog Dogtap. I was invited on the interview after two days. I need to add that I spent months preparing my application as I followed Brewdog's guide "how to nail a Brewdog interview", I wanted to show them my passion and creativity so I designed every single detail of my application and they loved it. Inteview was informal and lasted about 25 min.
    After almoste 3 weeks I sent an email to ask about an update and they phoned me back to say that there is a good news and a bad news. The good news is that they have finished recrutation and decided to promote people internaly. Bad news? We're sorry to let you know that you haven't been successful.
    My advice, don't try to hard because if they don't like you it doesn't matter how much experience you have or how dedicated/passionat you are, they won't hire you.

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BrewDog (Manchester, England).

Interview

Done the initial process and had a Skype interview.
    Had a really good conversation with both hr manager and national account manager for this role, got rejected on the fact that I was not passionate about brewdog enough for them to take to the next stage. This has not annoyed me but left me wondering the type of candidate that they want. One minute they want someone who needs to hit the ground running, next they need someone who is passionate about the brand. I think in most sales roles the passion comes from actually getting the role and then them instilling that in you throughout the training and induction courses. I’m glad to say that I’m not a alcoholic that is really passionate about Brewdog and that I do have an open mind. You don’t need to be passionate about a product to do the job correctly and if they want to grow a lot bigger faster then they will realise that soon as they will be stronger and bigger players coming to the market that will create that brand presence with people that have right skill set. Passion and knowledge come into play within the role when you get rewarded for doing the right job.

Not a good salary band either compared to what other companies pay and offer to the employees for a national role.

I laughed at the history of how the operators got ‘started’ by the ‘banks’ hah

Had the right skills and experience to do the job blind folded but hey ho....

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Initial 45 minute skype interview with recruiter and controller. Basic background and job specific questions. Was given "homework" to do the next week to show I had a clear understanding of the role. About 2 weeks later was invited to final interview at their office in London. Advised would be about an hour and a half with a 20 minute presentation. Clear instructions and good communication. Found out the day before the interview location had been changed from the office to their bar in Shoreditch. On the day, bar was quite busy so hard to concentrate. Interview was with Controller of the channel and Director of Sales. After presentation, some questions were asked about Brewdog charter, job specific questions and then general CV questions. Felt quite relaxed.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

After submitting my CV via email, I scheduled an interview with the bar manager. It was very friendly and straightforward. The manager struck a good balance between a personal and professional interest.

Brewdog On the Ground Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellon, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (Ellon, Scotland) in January 2018.

Interview

100% BS free. 100% straight-forward. Incredibly communicative. Engaging end-to-end. An interview process how it should be everywhere; easy to navigate, zero pretention & that at all times made you feel your application & you as an applicant were being treated like people.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite beer (doesn't have to be one of ours)?   1 Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrewDog (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Skype Interview then Final Interview in person in the form of a presentation with Hiring Manager and Sales Director. BIG watch out, BrewDog have taken advantage of the interview process to have the trade present ideas back to them. Having presented my ideas and been told to "stick to sales" I then saw my ideas produced and in market 6months later. I was not offered the role on the basis I had insufficient experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you grow BrewDog sales in Customer X in 2018?   Answer Question

BrewDog Response

20 Apr 2018 – Job Whisperer

Thanks for getting in touch! We know we’ve already discussed your interview feedback with you, but just to clarify, while we totally understand how you may have felt that way, the idea in question was a campaign that we had been working on for around 2 years prior to your interview – just goes to show great minds think alike ;) We took your feedback around the “stick to sales” message very seriously and spoke to the hiring manager in question, he doesn’t recall using the phrase in question but apologises if you understood anything to mean that. We want to wish you the best of luck in your job hunt, and sorry that this particular role wasn’t the right fit! BrewDog x

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.