British Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Oct 2017

2.7

Training and Quality Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England).

Interview

Competence based interview - lots of questions requiring examples as answers. Answers and examples of questions that were asked were already in my supporting statement and cover letter do I felt as if either they hadn't read them or were asking me to repeat them!

Interview Questions

• How do you manage both internal and external stakeholders harmoniously   Answer Question

Corporate Partnership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through an initial face to face interview with two employees and then two practical tasks: writing a thank you letter to a donor and completing an Excel task in 30 minutes

Innovation Fundraising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

Two interviews - First one based on a simple test to describe how you would innovate a product and conversation questions about 'Tell us about a time'
    Second interview with more senior team 'Tell us about a time'

Community Worker Interview

Interview

Telephone interview and then face-to-face interview. The recruitment process was efficient and quick. The team were very friendly and I would have accepted if circumstances were different. A positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What are our fundamental values and how are they reflected in your work?   Answer Question

D2D Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England).

Interview

I send the application and 1 hour later I received a call for attending an 'assessment' on the same week at the headoffice in London.

You will be placed in a room with other applicants and will be asked to present yourself, other applicants and products.

They will give some information about the job and what is expected, it's all very informal and relaxed.

Innovation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Once I was invited to the interview, I was asked to prepare a presentation.
    What I was not informed was that I also had a computer test. The test lasted 30 minutes and I had to prepare a letter and a Powerpoint presentation
    Then, I was interviewed by 2 people. I delivered my presentation and was asked questions about it. The interview followed with other questions relevant to the position. The interview was friendly but long.

Street Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, staff was warm and welcoming. Very friendly. I couldn't say one bad thing about the experience. A great charity to work for and are truely helping people worldwide and here in the UK. Thank you

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Birmingham, England).

Interview

On arrival at the offices, i was greeted by the receptionist and offered refreshment. interview process was straight forward and the questions in the interview were based on the knowledge of the organisation in the UK and internationally.

Corporate Partnerships Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, contacted 2 weeks later with an interview date. Interview was by two very nice employees, the questions were very basic interview questions about the role, ie. what is corporate funding? what examples do you have of fundraising? How would you write a thank you letter to donors? Then there was a small task to write a thank you letter and complete a very basic excel exercise

Retail Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grangemouth, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Grangemouth, Scotland) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard within a week of the closing date that I had been invited for an interview.
    The interview consisted of an excel and word assessment followed by a competency based interview, before a panel of 2, with approximately 10 questions. The whole process took about an hour. I received an email 3 working days after the interview to say that I had been unsucessful and that if I wanted feedback then I should let them know. I emailed back to ask if feedback could be provided in writing or whether they only gave verbal feedback and despite chasing, I am still waiting on a response/acknowledgement over 2 weeks later which I find more disappointing than not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you worked as part of a team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.