British Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated 17 Aug 2018

2.7

Community Worker Interview

Interview

Telephone interview and then face-to-face interview. The recruitment process was efficient and quick. The team were very friendly and I would have accepted if circumstances were different. A positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What are our fundamental values and how are they reflected in your work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

I applied for the job by walking into the shop and asking to speak to the manager.
    The shop volunteer directed me to the manager's office, where the manager greeted me and we arranged a time for interview.
    At the interview, I was asked the sorts of questions listed below and the manager assessed my personality, work ethic and enthusiasm.
    The manager helped me fill out an application form, including basic personal details, the job I was applying for, past work experience etc. which was then sent to Head Office.
    I received a phone call later that week asking me to complete a two-week trial of shifts, the timings of which I arranged with the manager to suit both of us.
    During this time I was given basic training and then offered a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available to work?
      Are you happy to take an unpaid volunteering position?
      What length of employment are you looking for?   Answer Question
    • Where do you live (in relation to the shop)?
      How long are you planning on living in this area?   Answer Question
    • Have you had previous experience in retail?
      Have you had personal health and safety or first aid training?
      How well do you interact with people/customers?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about the British Red Cross?   Answer Question
    • How old are you? (Basic background questions)
      Have you got any serious medical issues?   Answer Question

ITSM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Casual but well conducted and very thorough, both interviewers were very knowledgable and delved into a lot of detail regarding certain aspects of my history. It lasted little over an hour and I felt I had the chance to get everything I needed to across.

Interview Questions

• all experience based questions   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Birmingham, England).

Interview

On arrival at the offices, i was greeted by the receptionist and offered refreshment. interview process was straight forward and the questions in the interview were based on the knowledge of the organisation in the UK and internationally.

Unspecified Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross in November 2014.

Interview

Most of the staff appeared to be relaxed at the time I had a good impression of the company at the time. It was a relaxing atmosphere. Interview seemed like a standard, competency based interview. Unfortunately some companies don't get back to you, even after an interview. I felt that this company would be different, based on their values and what they do. No response even though I was told would hear back from someone by a certain time. Since they weren't courteous enough to adhere to what they told me, it certainly changed my impression of the company, especially since I took time off to attend.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

The information before the interview was clear. I was invited to the interview within 2 days from the deadline. I was interviewed by panel made of 2. There was also a writing test after the interview. The interviewees were very friendly. The questions weren't very challenging and mainly from the job spec

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2012.

Interview

Straightforward, very friendly. I was a volunteer at the Red Cross, so I was already familiar with the people conducting the interview. After the general questions, which included a question on personal values and other volunteering experience, there was a skills portion where I had to use Word and Excel. I think they have a big staff turnaround, so when I was there they were looking for someone they could keep around and train for the Admin team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross.

Interview

Online application process using red cross system
    Interview within 2 weeks
    Result of interview same week as interview
    Interview 2 people.
    10 behavioural interview questions about use of skills and experience
    Exercise on prioritising series of admin tasks. Read scenario and then answer question on how you would handle different types of priorities.
    Online computer skills test for word, excel, PowerPoint and internet

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had competing priorities what were they and how did you handle them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation on salary. Initially offered minimum wage. Which was increased slightly to what they thought was living wage but was out of date (previous year's) living wage.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

First of all I was invited to do an exercise compose by two main part:
    - questions about logistics (fleet management, warehousing, remote management, transport management, Shelter)
    - review of an Emergency Appeal
    The exercise was exactly the same in November 2014 and January 2016.
    Second stage was a in person interview with a lot of question mainly about logistics. The interview lasted for 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Looking at the job description. Is there any particular area where you will need support to catch up?   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Red Cross (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

One day interview, it didn't take more than 5 hours in total, including a lunch break. It's a group interview and you are asked to answer questions and interact with co-interviewees. Your communication skills are the most important, followed by multicultural awareness and motivation. Overall an easy and great experience which got me the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your hobbies?
      Q: What are your goals in life?
      Q: Why fundraising?
      Q: Why Red Cross?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.