CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

CDK Global Interview Questions

Interviews at CDK Global

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global in June 2019.

Interview

Phone interview followed by skype or onsite depending upon your location. The interview process is very fast from the recruiter. They asked about the projects and basic java questions.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

12 Jul 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Although you were not offered a position I appreciate you taking the time to provide your interview experience feedback with CDK. All the best.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global in August 2017.

Interview

i have gone through 2 rounds of interview where 1st round was about an hour. its a techinical round with coding included. i got selected for it and later followed with an other technical round and an HR round. but there was a long gap between first and second round. After couple of day i received the offer but the whole process takes about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• they will focus more on technical background. i have been asked to write a program given a sentence and print the number of times each word has repeated in the sentence.   2 Answers

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview which I was told was the most important. In my in person interview, almost all of the managers were in the room and asking questions. Felt very intense, but they were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection (in terms of sales)?   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I didn't make it far into the interview process. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter and the 1st question I was asked after "How are you?" was "What is your current salary" followed by "What do you want to make?"

I don't know about anyone else but I find this very off-putting and frankly rude. I've been asked this question before but maybe towards the end of an interview or at some other point in the interview process. To be asked this question as the 1st question is to me a red flag. It shows the company really isn't interested in hiring quality people. They are only interested in finding someone who is willing to work for a lower wage than they are worth. They immediately want to remove any negotiating power from their candidates.

I only made it a couple of more questions into the interview until the recruiter accused me of wasting her time because I didn't match the job description / wishlist 100%.

I don't expect I will be hearing back from CDK Global.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

2 Sep 2016 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Establishing salary expectations is an important part of the process but I definitely agree this isn’t the first question we want you to hear. As a result of your... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview had 4 rounds where I was interviewed by managers from different teams. They were a mix of technical and behavioral questions. They asked questions about Agile development, Unit testing, C++ related questions, dependency injections and resume based questions. A lot of the projects that you have done.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

HR contacted and asked about the skills and a phone interview was set up.
    The phone interview was pretty easy but technical.
    The interviewer seemed to be a very soft spoken person. The overall experience was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

applied online and phone interview and onsite in detroit office. Talked with engineer and manage for around 1 and a half hour. Both very nice. They hope interns can learn there. Very good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

First the recruiter will call you and things are fine there but then you end up with Principal Architetect which things get interesting because it's hard to understand him because of language bearer and lack of communication skills. The coding problem is easy which is palindrome but then he asks you to write a SQL which he has a hard time explaining what he wants ...at the end he then tells you oh you should have used sub query.... I was gonna explain to him that you need to do a better job explaining what the problem is.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen was about :30. I was invited for an on-site interview later that week. I then had 2 separate 2 hour sessions. Each session was with a set of 2 UI developers, who asked a load of questions about HTML/CSS/JS and had me work some problems out on the whiteboard. Had lunch with senior managers which focused on experience, direction, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a simple API using OOP Javascript, and then we extended it out to add functionality and options without changing the initial API.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple ... the initial offer was actually more than I'd expected, so it was an easy accept on my end.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I met some Cobalt employees at a College Career Fair, then I believe I had a brief (30mins or 1hr) interview with them on campus and was invited on-site for technical interviews. At the career fair, one would typically drop off their resume and hope to hear back, however they liked mine so much I scheduled my on campus interview right there. Between the initial interview and the technical interviews the recruiter was constantly in touch with me. I had two technical interviews on-site, each an hour long and each with two software engineers.

The interview process was typical, so if you're preparing for other technical interviews then you probably won't need to go out of your way to prepare for Cobalt's interviews. The hiring process however, was a bit frustrating. The pre-employment drug screening and background check seemed excessive compared to other software companies in the same geographic market, however now that I've started work, I'm very happy to be here.

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineering interview questions. If you paid attention in school and prepare for the interviews by practicing coding questions online, you will be fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The application asked what my desired salary was, so I listed it and when I was offered the job, the base salary was exactly what I'd asked for. I was happy with the amount so did not attempt to negotiate.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.