CMR Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

CMR Surgical Interview Questions

Interviews at CMR Surgical

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CMR Surgical (Cambridge, England).

Interview

interviewed by 4 people back to back including HR and prospective manager. Efficient process but can be draining and feel a little repetitive as some questions are variation on a theme

Interview Questions

• usual background, experience and competency based questions

most memorable was - what is the biggest risk you have ever taken   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. Applied through LinkedIn. I was able to select the date for the interview. The next round consisted individual zoom interview with a couple of panel members.

Interview Questions

• General background information and electrical problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CMR Surgical in October 2020.

Interview

Initial phone interview with head of department with personality and a small technical question followed by a 4 hour interview with different team members full of technical questions (from root-cause analysis to mechanical engineering to coding)

Principal Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CMR Surgical (Cambridge, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Very professional and clear concise questions. I had an interview panel of five. Each team member had 45 minutes with me. Peoples Team kicked off the interview and asked very relevant questions and explained in detail how the interview process would work and what the benefits were. The process was performed via teams, so having a remote interview was a first for me. My overall impression was that CMR has a host of smart, humble and genuine personnel. I've read other reviews and my interview was a good experience. Challenging questions and my thought process was allowed to take the stage. Overall nothing but good comments.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at CMR.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CMR Surgical (Cambridge, England) in August 2020.

Interview

My interview was all remote due to COVID-19. Initial 30 minute phone screen, then one week later a full day of "face to face" interviews (using zoom).

The day consisted of 5-6 individual 1:1 interviews, one after another. Quite poorly timed as it began late afternoon and left me only 15 minutes for lunch with a 30 minute break at around 14:30. Ended at 17:00. Didn't hear anything for over a week then was given generic rejection when I asked.

Most of the individual technical interviews were very easy and I essentially got everything right and in many cases taught the interviewers something. Then all of a sudden towards the end a non-trivial graph problem which I was expected to solve with no help. It wasn't pair programming, it was examination. I didn't finish the problem in time.

I learnt absolutely nothing from this interview. No feedback. No indications to gaps in my knowledge/skills. A wasted day.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CMR Surgical in August 2020.

Interview

This interview was a telephone interview arranged by an agency. It started off as general questions and throughout the process I was asked further questions to elaborate deeper into my experiences.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMR Surgical.

Interview

Very professionally handled, with a range of managers interviewing me based on different points I included on my CV. My CV had been read thoroughly which really made me feel like they valued my time and effort. I was made to feel as comfortable as I could, it was a very welcoming atmosphere.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CMR Surgical (Cambridge, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The process took 1 month. It consisted on a telephone interview first and then a face to face interview in Cambridge. Very positive experience, very nice interviewers in a relaxed environment.

Head of Regulatory Affairs Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CMR Surgical in February 2020.

Interview

confused, crazy. multiple team members were invoved, with no clear reason. HR did not even show up at the interview. unpolite, narcisistic. avoid them, they are not a seriuos organization.

Interview Questions

• competence assessed by incompetent personnel. they want to check how competent you are, while they totally ingore what they are talking about. confused feedbacks followed by no feedback at all. a waste of my time   Answer Question

Embedded Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMR Surgical.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then moved to onsite assessment. There I had 4 interviews. Two technical coding test, one on software practices that focused almost exclusively on testing and a final HR interview.

The hardest question was how would I cope if someone died during an operation due to a fault in the code that I had written.

Interview Questions

• In one interview I had to write a root finding function and compare different approaches (like bisection vs Newton-Raphson). The second coding test was on reviewing code and finding bugs. The final technical interview was on best practices for testing.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.