CSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

CSC Interview Questions

Interviews at CSC

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

A screening phone interview with HR first, followed by a panel interview with potential supervisors. They were very courteous, took their time, and were genuinely interested in my responses. Definitely did not seem like a company that was just going through the motions to be polite.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and then I had three Zoom interviews after that (due to remote working because of the pandemic). The whole process took a little over a month. Communication was decent but I wasn't really given a timeline of what to expect. Ultimately, 4 interviews for a pretty entry-level customer service position seemed like a lot to me, but it seems to be pretty typical for CSC in general.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

Intimidating. Took place in a recorded room with 2 managers. I was nervous and having the recording room made it that much worse. Maybe pick a better room that would ease the nerves of the interviewer.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, then in person interview with 3 people of varying levels relating to the position (1 at a time), and a second in person final interview. Phone interview was basic overview of your resume and a few questions. In person interview went more in depth about skills, job functions, and whether you'd be a right cultural fit. Final interview was similar to first in person interview, with more focus on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how you think it fits with this role.   Answer Question

Client Service Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

It is challenging and long process - I applied online, I originally applied for this position then we scheduled a 10-minute phone call with the recruiter to discuss the position and she asked me some questions regarding my experience and customer service related questions (of course). She told me that I will hear back from her after a week.

A week has passed, I didn't hear back from her. I followed up with her, she then told me that they already hired someone for this position but she'd like me to get an interview for the Project Coordinator position in Santa Clara office. I said yes (I wanted to give it a shot). We then scheduled a time for the interview and I was informed by the recruiter to check out their Digital Business Services area on their website to be familiar with the brand. She also emailed me about the interview instructions and who to look for when I arrive on site, she specifically told me to look for one person and that's it.

On-site interview day
    I looked for the specific person when I arrive, I didn't know that she's the team leader of Client Service Partner. I got really confused with the position cause we talked about the Project Coordinator role. The team leader did not interview me first, and I thought I will have the interview with her cause that's the only detail the recruiter gave me. Instead, I got a virtual interview with the Client Service Manager after that, with the Client Service Director and then after some questions the team leader joined us with another round of questions.

It took about 2 hours, including a quick sit in or shadowing with another employed as Client Service Partner. On the interviews questions and position mentioned was Client Service Partner and NOT Project Coordinator. Luckily, I am prepared because my experiences align with it. The only thing that caught me off guard was the number of people who interviews me. It was not explained and I am not sure if that's intentional or not. After the interview, they informed me that the recruiter will reach back to me in 1-2 weeks (since that was a holiday week) with the result and other details with the role, like, benefits and pay.

The interview turned out really great, I was able to confidently answer questions and I also ask some questions regarding the position and tasks. The interviewers are really nice and not intimidating. They were able to make me comfortable and welcomed and the office is very nice.

I like the office, location, role and even the team leader that also interviewed me.

A week later, I heard back from the recruiter, she said they are still interviewing other people and that I should hear back in another week if I'm still interested. I told her I am still interested and I will wait. In less than a week, she gave me a call to let me know that I got the position and told me all the details including the salary. She then emailed me the copy of the job offer and benefits summary. I accepted the job offer verbally and on paper but after thinking through, it turns out I am not very happy with the salary and the benefits set up. So, I had to let the HR know that I am not continuing with the offer anymore.

Their offer sounds and looks big but be very careful in accepting it, make sure you calculate what you need before accepting the offer. Also, with their benefits, make sure you compare what you have and will have if you accepted the job offer. I did not negotiate cause I already got a better offer from another company.

All in all it was a great experience, I was just not satisfied with the offer.

Interview Questions

• In your experiences which one is the most challenging role?   Answer Question
    • What makes you interested with the company?   Answer Question
    • What makes you take the risk of applying in a bigger company coming from a small company?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you're right for the company?   Answer Question
    • What else are you looking for in a company you want to be employed with?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking forward to when you become a part of this company?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied to a posted role. I received an email for a recruiter interview to talk about my background, fit, etc. Days before the scheduled interview, ANOTHER recruiter sent me a decline saying they were going another direction, but it was for a different title that I don't recall applying for. I called to confirm the phone was still on (and it was).

I found the recruiter to be tremendously professional and the interview questions were very standard.

I then moved on to another phone interview with a different team manager within the business unit, which went really well. I was then assigned a mock-proposal pitch exercise which required a 10-slide powerpoint to be presented in no longer than 10 minutes.

I then moved onto what they termed a "final interview" with the actual hiring manager. I completely crushed the interview and felt very confident that an offer would be forthcoming. I found the hiring manager a little scattered, using several vocabulary words in our conversation that were "close but not quite the right word", and another one in our follow up emails where I would be "kept appraised" (not a typo) of the process. I graded out the hiring manager as a "C" at best, so I was 50/50 at this point if I'd even take the gig due to embarrassingly low acumen on the part of the manager.

After sending the customary thank-you and then following up with the recruiter, I was then told that my interview was the first of many candidates and that I'd be hearing something in a week or two. This somewhat contradicts the "final interview" positioning I was told.

Candidate experience here was 2/10. This process was bumpy, to put it nicely, and extremely vague. I've heard from a few friends that work at this company that it's middle-management-heavy, and that department heads frequently rush off in one direction, only to double-back with new requirements.

This entire process aligns with direct feedback I've heard firsthand about this organization. They hire very young and inexperienced, and then promote from within. There is a bias when it comes to hiring experienced people from outside of the company, or in an adjacent industry segment. It seems to be their way of finding "easier" candidates rather than the "best" candidates.

Interview Questions

• Here's a fictitious company - tell us how you'd best position CSC's offerings via a PowerPoint deck.   Answer Question

CSC Response

20 Nov 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for the time that you took to share your experience. Clearly, we did not put our best foot forward in creating a positive candidate experience for you. Your feedback on how and where we can improve is being addressed. That being said, there is no bias toward you or any other candidate. We hire the candidate that is the most qualified to meet our business need.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Plano, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Process was very professional, did not receive call back. They were interested in learning about experience and how it applied to their company. I believe someone with more experience was hired for the position, ultimately.

Interview Questions

• How will you help customers choose products?   1 Answer

Customer Service Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Sacramento, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive. I had a total of 4 interviews. Over the course of roughly 3 and a half weeks. The initial interview was a phone interview with the recruitment officer directly from the company. I then had an in person interview with the manager I’d be reporting to, followed by a 20 minute shadowing of an employee who was in the role that I’d be working in. After that I was called a few days later and asked to schedule a final round phone interview in which I’d be talking separately to two different division leaders for 30 minutes each. After that I had to wait about another week for them to finish interviewing all other candidates that had made it to the 3rd round. In the end I was offered the position after about 4 weeks of waiting and interviewing combined. It was little nerve wrecking. I’ve never had to wait that long or be interviewed that many times by any other company I’d worked for in the past. But it was well worth it.

Interview Questions

• They asked many situational and behavioral questions. One was “If your former supervisor was on the phone with us, what would they say your top 3 strengths are and your one weakness?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview process had 4 rounds. first is the technical, rest three all were behavioral and team related interviews with managers and other senior team members. Team was looking for a candidate who could fit in their environment.

Project Team Lead Interview

Interview

Somewhat slow process. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. Had phone interview first, then was called in for an interview which was composed of 3 people, back to back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.