Charles River Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Charles River Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Charles River Associates

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The first-round was an on-campus interview with two junior employees. It was casual and conversational, mostly focused on my research experience and interest in CRA.

The second round was a few weeks later, in the DC office. HR got back to me very quickly to request the second interview but there was some delay in setting it up. I interviewed with four senior employees back-to-back. The questions were exclusively behavioral and the interviews were very conversational. They left a lot of time at the end of each interview to ask questions, and I ended up having several nice chats. There was also a lunch with two analysts; I couldn’t figure out whether it was part of the evaluation process or not. They called me with the offer about three days after the second-round interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think the analyst salaries are fixed

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

One phone interview, then a trip out to the office location (mine was in Boston) for a day full of interviews. I spoke with the VP for the first half hour, answering basic stats questions and resume walkthroughs. Next half hr was with the head of the competition unit, resume walk through. Next half hr was a case study where I was given a quality control simulation double checking a dataset. Finally, an interview with an associate on the team walking through a case study verbally, no data involved.

Interview Questions

• Explain Standard Errors to me.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

Had a brief interview over the phone where the majority of the time was dedicated to explaining the position to ME. They immediately offered to fly me out the following week for a super day. I arrived day of where 4 other people were being interviewed. Throughout the day, the interviewers were very conversational and it seemed like they were trying to sell me on the position rather. At the end of the day, I was given a couple of cases and given an hour to present on them. This was not a typical consulting case, but more in line with the type of investigation work they deal with. The interviewer asked a couple of questions as I went, but I felt confident in my answers and performance. I felt throughout the process that they were trying to sell me on the company rather than finding out why I was a good fit. Was blindsided when I did not receive an offer. Maybe I should've made a greater effort to shift the conversation into a discussion about me.

Interview Questions

• Why CRA?
      How did my background fit?
      Be prepared to review materials and talk about them   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

it is video interview and total have 45 mins coding exam, you can use SAS/R/python and introduce yourself. you need to know the code very well because more experience for coding more easier for interview

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview with two analysts followed by super day in office with 6 interviews and analyst lunch
    HR very unresponsive and never got back to me with answer after several emails

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Life Sciences practice, NYC office

1) Applied online, was asked to undertake an online assessment
    2) 1st round interview by Skype: Standard case interview
    3) 2nd round interview at office: Case and fit interviews, one presentation

Overall impression was fairly negative, found CRA to be a bit blah.

During the 2nd round, one interviewer butchered the case. She was trying too hard to make the case challenging, and would not share data despite asking for it multiple times. The question was about decreasing revenue growth. I said that it could be d/t decrease in volume or price. I'd love to see patient volume data if available. She said, we have that but I'll not share that with you right now. Duh! Because of that, I kept on going in circles as I could not rule out any possibilities. After wasting 20 min she shared 5 exhibits (which were dense) and now I had only 10 min to skim those exhibits, generate insights and lead the case.

For context: I am a seasoned case solver and have successfully cracked BCG and Bain. I was thinking about transitioning to a job in boutique consultancy hence applied to CRA.

Another unprofessional thing was the VP who was supposed to do the fit interview bailed at the last minute. The interview was supposed to start at noon and he informed he's unavailable at 12.05 pm. If I can fly halfway across the US to interview, I expect the employer to value my time. I do understand that emergencies can happen but I expect VP to be more proactive. Further, I never received an apology from recruiting and an offer to reschedule, basically implying that this was not a big deal for CRA.

Intern Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on their website and on handshake. Then got a first-round in-person, which was a mix of behavioral and technical (cases testing your numerical analysis abilities). Finally, I did a second-round superday at their office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your technical skills in a project.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was hard and they didn't ask me from the file they provided. The guy asks me questions from the network protocol questions and other questions that weren't not part of an analyst position

Life Sciences Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

Applied online via school portal. Got interview invitation (phone interview) after about 2-3 weeks. I actually applied two position, one was Analyst, and the other one is this one (Life Sciences Analyst). I guess Analyst position is more competitive.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. There are two guys, Both are young. They look nice. Just some normal questions. Why firm? Why consulting? What's your faverate class? Tell me experience when you handle data?

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Fantastic, laid back, great people. I interviewed in the Chicago office and enjoyed getting to know the team, they were all super open and honest. This allowed me to fully understand the job function and what I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.