Chegg Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 330 of over 330 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chegg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chegg (Noida)

Interview

1st round - aptitude and coding Technical 2 round - asked normal data structure and algorithms questions Technical 3 round - asked in deep java spring backend core java Hr round

Interview Questions
  • Ds and algorithms question
    Answer Question

Chegg

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg

Interview

Hiring is based on educational crediantials but its more about the quality of work that you do after selection. Guidelines are very important which must be followed to get good rating from COMIS review team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chegg

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg in Jul 2021

Interview

I first had a phone screening with the internal HR/recruiter. It was normal and she was friendly and took her time to answer my questions. She immediately scheduled me for a 30 min interview over Zoom with the hiring manager. The hiring manager showed up late for the interview and spent the first 5 minutes complaining about how busy they are and how they hate 30 min interviews because it doesn't give them enough time and explained very clearly that there would be a HARD STOP at the 30 minute mark and would not be making up for the lost time. Then launched straight into asking me questions without trying to establish any rapport. The interviewer would ask a question, mute themself, then turn away from the camera to 'take notes.' Once I finished answering they would unmute themselves and fire off another question. Repeating the process like I was a contestant in some kind of hot seat game show. The entire process was extremely uncomfortable and unpleasant. I was not allowed to ask questions until the last few minutes and the interviewer quickly rambled off answers then signed off. I had entered the interview excited to learn more about the position but left the interview feeling disrespected and wanting to withdraw my application. Instead, I emailed the internal recruiter and asked if she would be open to feedback from the candidate's perspective. I know that interviewing can be stressful and sometimes you aren't aware of how you're coming across and wanted to give them an opportunity to improve. She never responded! 1.5 weeks later I received a standardized rejection email. Overall, I have a bad impression of this company. So if you have a similar experience, don't take it personally. I think this is just how they operate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Chegg

Application

I interviewed at Chegg

Interview

They called me to schedule a phone screen. I prepared for it and was ready when they called - but the call lasted not even five minutes as they told me within the first few minutes that the position had been filled. A total waste of time - an email would have sufficed and saved me the prep time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Chegg

Application

I interviewed at Chegg

Interview

Open the chegg ap.Apply for expert hiring.Login with username and password.Fill the necessary details about bank account,pan card,address and clear the subject test and guidelines test.Fifty percentage to clear subject test and eighty percentage to clear guidelines test.2 attempts allowed for subject test and 3 attempts allowed for guidelines test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chegg

Application

I interviewed at Chegg

Interview

It was a test. Gave a language test for a bunch of things like javascript and a couple other niche things. After the test if you did well they contact you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chegg

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg

Interview

I had to follow up with the recruiter after not hearing back after requesting my availability, and I replied fairly quickly. After finally arranging and progressing past the phone screening, I spoke with the hiring manager. Then I was asked to complete an assignment that asked for wireframes and a journey map. I had been asked to do assignments for other roles before but asking for a journey map seemed like a bit much. I persisted and spent almost twice the amount of time on the assignment than was recommended. I followed up twice and the company ghosted me. I think this was for the best I ended up getting offers elsewhere, but being ghosted after being asked to complete an assignment is rude. Note to Chegg's recruiting team: DO NOT ASK candidates to do lengthy assignments if you cannot at the very least follow up with a status update because the candidate's time is valuable, much like anyone doing the interviewing.

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions were standard product design questions.

Chegg

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg

Interview

Applied through their website and received an email from recruiter through jobvite. Recruiter asked for availability, which after provided was ghosted. Recruiter reached out again asking for availability. We setup a meeting which was moved last minute. Interview with recruiter went well but proceeded to be ghosted again!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chegg

Application

I interviewed at Chegg

Interview

10 question about subject and then guideline exam then submit documents for verification after verification you will receive a email for onboarding on chegg platform you can work by your time but as I observed most questions are come at midnight

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chegg

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Chegg in May 2021

Interview

Got the interview thru a Staffing company. Initial call was with a recruiter to get to know my experience. They liked my experience, then got a 1st round of interview with a Tech lead. It was mostly about my project experience which I explained in detail. He asked me a few good follow up questions surrounding my experience on specific areas and everything went well until that point. Next round after a few days was a coding interview with the same person. He asked me to print contents of N-nary tree which I did using both recursive and iterative solutions. I showed him the recursive solution first and then iterative solution. I was able to write the entire logic + all correct syntax on a notepad. (Yes!! notepad - It was supposed to be on coderpad but last minute he came up with a plain text pad instead ). I got voluntary hints from him once or twice during the interview though. (I didn't ask for the hints). At the end he showed some positive vibes to see my end solution, but finally he asked me if i had any questions. Then I was little suspicious about if he was really satisfied with my solution or something went wrong somewhere. A few days later, I got a standard email saying they are moving forward with other candidates. Really??? What else they were expecting??!! With so much of IT experience, now a days I am seeing expectations of employers are getting increasingly unreasonable (IMO). First they ask you to solve a problem which you would never solve in real work. Then they are asking us to solve that problem in an editor (coderpad, hackerrank, etc) that you don't use at work (our favourite IDE is much comfortable to work with and faster to get solution since time is a constraint). Then they ask us to solve the problem which reasonably takes 1- 2hrs to solve, you are asked to solve in 30 min. :). Now they are asking to solve a coding problem on a word doc/notepad (due to COVID) with all correct syntax. I know this is similar to whiteboard but usually they don't expect 100% right syntax on a whiteboard, at least from my experience. Then there are system design interviews where expectation is to provide a complete solution (DB design, API design, draw component diagram, explain all design considerations like Scalability, Availability, Throughput, Consistency, Partitioning logic, etc ) under 30-40 minutes, lol..... What NEXT?? You will be given a problem and you are expected to explain the solution in 3 MINUTES or you are out. I know that was sarcasm but you get the idea. Finally, IMO the worst part is when we ask for feedback post the interview, we never get one. How are we suppose to correct our unknown mistakes (if any) ??!! . At least it would be helpful, if they can provide some indirect hints . This particular recruiter, was least helpful from the beginning. He didn't even answer when I asked him what to expect during the interview - system design/ DS & A coding type of problem. But no answer. (Most employers at least are providing that info these days) Long story, but hope it helps someone.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 330 Interviews