Chegg Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chegg Interview Questions

Interviews at Chegg

2.7

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chegg (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

entirely online process involving two paragraphs about your past experiences tutoring and a small bio portion. Had to upload proof of enrollment and English proficiency and some test scores if you want. Return reply in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• who are you as a person/what hobbies you like?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was smooth and well organized. There are 4 rounds in total. First phone interview with HR. The. With the hiring manager, a test and the final interview. I enjoyed the whole experience.

Associate - Expert Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chegg (India, PA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

*Worst experience* *Egomaniac Team lead* *All that glitters are not gold*

I got call on 20th June 2020 from HR Chegg (India) regarding Associate - Expert Acquisition profile. She asked me about my previous job role and I told her my job responsibilities clearly. Thereafter, she shared the job description with me and the overall process of hiring.

There will be 3 rounds including HR screening-
    1- Assignment Test in MS Excel ( judge your ability to draw the visualization by using data)
    2- Team Lead ( Analyze your advance excel skills only by giving real time scenario)
    3- Manager ( Discuss about your previous role, Social media skills and other aspects)

I spent almost 2.5 days to make excel dashboard by cleaning and manipulating their unstructured data and submit my findings for further evaluation. After that, HR told me your dashboard is shortlisted and your next round will be with Team lead.

We have a discussion on zoom meeting, he was asking about do you know SQL, (which is not including under JD) I said, I know basic commands only. Thereafter, he was giving me scenario to find out the data in my dashboard by sharing my screen.

He confused me by asking difficult questions, I was astonished and couldn't give the answer at that moment. Therefore, I was rejected.

I've been unemployed for past 3 months and struggling for job. I would like to advice peoples who desperate to work with Chegg to groom their career path, please don't apply because they expect a lot from you but when you hired they giving you data entry work only. It might be very disappointing for you later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know about SQL commands, Vlookup function, and macros?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Online application. I applied on December 2019 for an Internship in Data Science position. Then, online exam after 2 weeks. This was an exam to test if I had professional experience in statistics, data science and coding. And STEM background. Examn no longer than 30min. Then Online assessment 1 week after. This assesment was online. I had to make a video answering 1 questions about personality and Leadership, and other written assessment. No more than 2h. Application for Summer Internship 2020.

Interview Questions

• After less than 2 weeks of applying online, they sent me an email with technical questions. The positions is Data Science Intern, so they were multiple choice questions about coding, data queries, data frames, data types, some knowledge of SQL, R and Python. Also intermediate statistical knowledge: distributions, p-value. If you have never touch those topics, you will not pass the exam.

One week after taking the exam, they sent me the invitation for an online video assessment. The questions were:

1.- Is it more important to have produced tangible accomplishments or maintain good relationships with colleagues? I had to record my answer in a 1-min video and upload it.

2.- Write an email to your manager describing why your team's project will be late (written assessment, no more than 200 words).   4 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

online assessment1 for multiple-choice, when you finished OA1, I received oa2 after two days. oa2 is take a video question, you can record many times until you think is the best answer.

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

mc quiz on multiple java and back end queries questions. this was ok and not much review necessary before hand. I still have to do coding part which Is due another few days after the first one is

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

2 online assessments. SQL, EXCEL, etc. I took the first test in early March. After pass the first assessment, I waited for a week for the next assessment. Super slow and no feedback. Not very pleasant.

Data Science Interview

Interview

take online assessment. It take about an hour. It includes excel ,sql, and statistics. The exam is clear and the question is straight forward. and also some behavioral questions

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

Just got the online assessment invitation. Received email the day after applying so I think they haven't review it yet. I searched online that it should be around 50 multiple choice questions in a broad range.

Senior BI Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

Just a hot mess and waste of time. Their team reached out to me for a position available at Thinkful, halfway through my interview process they think I would be a great fit for another position thats half chegg/half thinkful. So now I am applying to 2 positions and doing the technical interview for both. Then I get told no, now I am just applying for the second position....2 weeks later....oh we changed the positions and their requirements and needs but we think you are still a good fit...ok...1 week later...oh we don't think you will be good fit for either of these but we have other positions that might be available for you. So I said no i am good, have a good day.

This whole time they are switching communications between texts/emails/phone calls. When their interview process is this messy, the whole company has to be a nightmare. So best of luck to everyone else but I am never applying to this company/Thinkful again.

I am just annoyed by the time I wasted with such a disorganized mess of not just one company but 2!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.