Co-op Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Co-op (Manchester, England).

Interview

Initial online application. Then a phone interview asking generic questions and some competency based customer service questions.

Upon passing that, I was invited to a group interview and a 1v1 interview on an assessment day. They called within the next week on their decision.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions and some customer services based questions   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Co-op (London, England) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online, invited to an assessment centre (situational judgement, viewing teamwork and ability to contribute to a group activity - pretending you are managing a store refit) one on one interview .

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lichfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Co-op (Lichfield, England).

Interview

Applied, then back and forth with emails, then called to discuss interview. Then went for interview. Interview was with a more personable HR lady and a less friendly female IT manager. They didn't even have the courtesy of letting me know whether I'd been successful or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you were in a meeting and your manager disagreed with a suggestion you made?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Co-op (Manchester, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Normal online application with cv and cover letter. This was then followed by standard tests i.e numerical, verbal, structural reasoning e.t.c. After passing this the next step was the interview by hirevue live video interview system

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when when your input in a team project helped improve the project   Answer Question

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Co-op in December 2014.

Interview

Got invited to an interview which I attended. I felt it went reasonably well however never got a reply from them. Extremely unprofessional and would stop me applying in future.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thatcham, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Co-op (Thatcham, England) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially started as a Baker the manager I didn't even meet for more than 3 months as he was in another store that was being opened. After only 1month at coop I was approached to be a supervisor due to staff shortage with only 35p increase in salary.

Interview Questions

• To be a kiosk supervisor after only one month when I was initially hired to be a Baker.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Co-op.

Interview

Competency based interview and presentation. Structured interview starting with work experience, then followed by questions about specific things you have achieved in previous roles. There was also a presentation for which you have some time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Competency based around examples of things you have done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Co-op.

Interview

one on one based interview held in the stock room. typical questions and asked for availability. the manager seemed nervous and unsettled and fairly under prepared. however i was offered the position so it was fine

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Co-op.

Interview

Applied online, telephone interview, followed by in person interview. Telephone interview asked about availability, lasted 5 minutes. In person interview was about 45 minutes the usual interview questions, experience, skills, why you want to work there.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Co-op (Bristol, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview was the start of process. 2 weeks later I was called and this was followed by a competency based interview and presentation.

It was very straight forward and I was interviewed by an area manager and current store manager so was very relevant.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Co-op in March 2018.

Interview

Saw the advert for Co-Op Store Manager in a local convenience store near to my home. Applied online, within two weeks had an email saying they had tried to reach me but couldn't. (Although no missed calls.) Arranged to have a telephone interview which was prompt and standard phone questions around the company and past experience.

Should have heard within a week regarding telephone interview next stage details, for two-three weeks received no communication but for an email two weeks afterward saying there had been difficulty securing a date for an assessment day. Eventually had an email outlining the assessment day venue, and process. Emailed a very informative and helpful pack with all the information and preparation you needed to do.

Assessment day was very appropriate for the role, a store walk presentation done before the day yourself and presented to an interview, a competency and scenario based interview and a written sixty-minute test looking at your ability to analyse information and deliver clear strategies based on that. All the interviews, area/store managers, were friendly and kept the processes professional but friendly. The day itself was relaxed, and ran well.

The negative aspect of the experience came next, we were told we(the four candidates at the assessment day) that we would hear by the end of the week and were guaranteed feedback. I received a call two days later saying I was unsuccessful for the role applied for but was one of only two to pass and impressed the interviews, I would be contacted again within the week as I "definitely" had a future with Co-Op and a role would be found for me. I was also promised an email outlining where I had picked up or lost marks throughout the day.

Two weeks without any further contact. I attempted contact three separate times on the third week, using the recruiters personal extension number and every time was told they were "busy on the other line" to leave my name, and number and I would be contact as soon as possible. Only never to receive any further communication or feedback. My frustration is not with the missing the opportunity but the unprofessional conduct received after the fact.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on the core values of Co-Op around community, customers and colleagues.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.