DAZN Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at DAZN

3.5

Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DAZN (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I've applied through one recruiter.

First interview was by phone and took about 30 mins. Normal questions around my current role, tech stack, agile methodologies...

The next step was around 2 technical test to be done at home (one back end and one front end).

It took a long time to do the first phone interview.
The second step was much quicker but after getting the tests done it will take ages to get any feedback. I've just didn't bother after waiting 2 weeks.

Please have more respect for the people you're interviewing and don't waste people time.

Think twice before applying... it can take weeks until you actually get any feedback (if any).

Interview Questions

• Implement movie search consuming data from Movie DB   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DAZN

Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DAZN (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2018.

Interview

- 30 minutes phone call with the Technical Recruiter.
    - 30 minutes technical phone interview with an engineer from the London office.
    - Two hours technical interview with two back-end engineers.
    - Two hours technical interview with front-end principal engineer.

The process was very fast and there was a lot of flexibility. Took me about a week from the start to the offer.

Everybody was very nice during the interviews. Really helped me with feeling less stressed. Also made me excited to be one of their colleagues. They were very open to different and alternative solutions.

You get a link to a Hangouts call and a live code editor that is shared with your interviewer(s), which is super convenient. I liked it a lot.

I liked how the Recruitment Coordinator emphasized in the e-mail what kind of questions could be ask (the general subjects, not the specific questions of course), and that it was emphasized that DAZN does not expect me as a candidate to be perfect at all subjects.

Overall, the multi-steps recruitment process made me feel like I am going to work with really good colleagues. I felt like the filters are very good and that many people are involved in my recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Front-end: Fundamental questions about JavaScript. They don't care whether you know Angular, React, or Vue.js. As a smart company, they realized that a good developer can easily switch between libraries/frameworks if given the room to do so.

I was challenged with a really fun set of questions that lead to one another within JavaScript. The interviewer was genuinely interested to see how I think, and didn't care much about how precise my code is.

Practice on your deep JavaScript understanding and you should be alright. Make sure to be aware of all the quirks of JavaScript.   Answer Question
    • Back-end: Know your stuff around distributed systems. They could ask anything about this mega-subject: Resilience, Transparency, Scalability, Performance and so on. They are very open to your answers and know there is not only one answer.

If you look at their engineering website, you can also see that they work heavily with Amazon Web Services. Although not entirely necessary, it would be nice to find a way to give AWS-related answers as well when asked about concepts of distributed systems.   Answer Question

DAZN Response

12 Feb 2019 – DAZN

Thanks so much for taking the time to review and a massive WELCOME to the team. It's great to have you on board.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.