Debenhams Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Debenhams Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2017

2.5

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (Telephone, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a tele interview lady was nice but was in too hurry asked few questions then said they will ge back in couple of weeks but got email of sorry

Interview Questions

• asked why wanna work for them,what is customer service and forgot 3rd one   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I had a phone interview where they asked some typical questions, I was then invited to a group interview. There were 5 of us and we had to go onto the shop floor and approach people to see if they needed help, afterwards I had a one on one interview where they asked similar questions to the phone interview. They rang me the next day and offered a job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a couple of days later asking to call them to discuss my application. He went through the standard questions (availability, etc) to confirm and then asked me 2 competency questions. I was told I passed and booked into a store interview. There were 7 of us and we were split into 2 groups where we did an ice breaker activity (building a tower out of paper). The other group then went onto the shop floor to see how they interacted with customers whilst we stayed for our one to one interviews. She asked me 7 or 8 competency questions which were all fairly easy. Interestingly, I wasn't asked about why I had applied or why Debenhams specifically. The shop floor exercise was awkward to start with because customers either need help, which I couldn't give, or didn't want to talk to me. Nevertheless, the process went quickly despite taking 2 hours and was the most enjoyable group interview that I have ever done. I was called the next day to be offered a position.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Applied online and got a text the next day to ring them. Rang up and had a phone interview which I wasn't expecting but did, then on the phone they offered me an interview for next week. Interview took about 45 mins was easy and all about the customer, got an email 5 days later saying I had the job

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Coventry, England).

Interview

Applied online and a few days later took part in an easy phone interview, I was immediately told I pass and the woman gave me some great advice for the in store interview.

It was a group interview and all employees were extremely welcoming and friendly. There were a couple group activities: The first was we went around the circle telling two truths and a lie about ourselves. The second we went around the store and picked a product to suit a specific demographic, then tried to "sell it" to the rest of the group.

Following the group interview was an individual one. The interviewer was extremely friendly, it was just some simple personality based questions. He was super chatty and it just felt like a conversation.

I was told I got the job by email the following day.

Food Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

Applied online, had telephone interview then a group interview. About 10 of us were in the group, did an ice breaker activity. Then we had to pick an item they sell in restaurant and sell it to the group. Then we had a one on one interview with a store manager. Offered the job within a few days

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after got an email telling me to call them for a phone interview.
    The man on the phone was very pleasant. He told me he was going to ask me a few questions about working at Debenhams. He asked me two questions and then some general info questions. Then he called out some of the terms of the job eg hours, dates you’re expected to work and you had to confirm that that was all okay with you. Finally he congratulated me on being successful and invited me to a group face to face interview in store in two weeks times. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What do you think is excellent customer service? What would do to when the shop is really busy/there are queues etc to help out (something like this)   Answer Question

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

the phone interview was two questions: what is good customer service and how would you combat xmas being a busy time. the real interview consisted of an 'introduce the other person' icebreaker, finding a gift for someone else and explaining why, and a 1-1 interview, which was about 8 questions read from a sheet about customer service and what you can bring to debenhams. overall it was a good experience,

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debenhams (Birmingham, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out there online application on the debhenams website and got a call from the HR team some time after. She was really friendly and asked a few basic questions regarding customer service before telling me I passed to the next stage. The interview was set for almost 3 weeks later. On the day there were several of us who were attending. For the group portion the managers explained their policies etc. and afterwards we were split into groups each going to a different shop floor. The manager then asked us to go all around the floor and give our customer service to any customer. This us where it threw me off a little as I didn't expect to do that and also it was a bit awkward since I didn't want customers to think I was too keen. For this task I would suggest that you just ask any customer if they need help even if they do not want it just so they see you are engaging with the customer but also it is good practice if you haven't done that in a while like me. This was a 10 minute exercise but it was a Tuesday evening and quite empty store so there were not many people to ask and it felt like it dragged on a bit. Afterwards we were bought down again and taken one by one for the interview which lasted for 30 mins or so. My interviewer was really friendly and reassuring since I was a little nervous. Most questions were generic interview questions related to Debhenams but after that we done with the whole process. I cannot remember all the questions since it was quite a long interview. We were told any response would be through a call out or email.

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Debenhams (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their careers website. Received an email the next day inviting me to a telephone interview. The interview lasted around 5 minutes and the interviewer was very polite and friendly. I was told that I was successful and we arranged a face to face interview .

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for Debenhams?
      Q: What does customer service mean to you?
      Q: How would you manage your time during busy periods?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.