Domestic & General Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (Wimbledon, England) in September 2017.

Interview

1 stage interview with LM and Head of Function. Interview started with a short summary about the company (which I had read about already), but more insight into the department and the role. The questions were not very easy, however based on my previous experience and very relevant to the role. Any questions I asked myself were answered honestly and sufficiently. I got a job offer in a couple of days.

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (Brighton, England) in January 2017.

Interview

- Role play
    - Interrogation questioning technique by two interviewers
    - Search string exercise

In the future I would recommend treating candidates as future potential work colleagues.

Interview technique was not very human or friendly.

IT Support Interview

Interview

Applied via the official website
    Phone interview and then face to face setup via emai
    tour of offices in south london and then interview based on competency

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my CV, I received a phone call from a recruiter. The phone interview was very informal and was asked questions about myself, why marketing, past experiences, and it ended on 'what is your favourite marketing campaign and why'. Was later invited to the assessment day where I had to complete verbal tests and numerical tests, followed by a group activity (pitching side and buying side). There was an informal lunch with previous graduates and members of HR and the day finished off with a final one-on-one interview.

Account Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (London, England) in June 2011.

Interview

The first interview consisted of meeting two Product Managers - one of whom was to be my actual manager. The interview focuses on key strengths and my abilities. There was also a numerical test as well as a test examining your ability to analyse figures and make conclusions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a considerable amount regarding my abilities to prioritise and juggle said priorities at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was aware of the particular salary band for the role and was asked my salary expectations during the interview (however, I had gone through an agency so my lowest salary acceptable salary had already been communicated to the company but I a managed to negotiate higher than this).

Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

As you would expect from a large employer. Detailed phone screen first. Then one on one, then a panel with a peer, the hiring manager and a director. Included a tour of the offices and an informal introduction to the potential team that I would be managing. Informal and informative.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (Wimbledon, England).

Interview

Application, logical-verbal tests , phone-interview, assessment center. The internal candidates, knew the assessment questions beforehand . Role-play assessment, quite irrelevant for the position. The company told us that we are going to get a reply concerning the selection process as well as feedback. Still waiting though..

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest HR challenges nowadays?
      Why D&G , why this role, current situation etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (London, England).

Interview

An absolute shambles. Possibly the most unprofessional morally unethical company i have interviewed and been offered a role with. I was offered the role and asked for 2 days to investigate logistics ( i needed to find a place to live closer to Wimbledon) The recruiter and interviewee was aware of this at interview stage. I was told I had less then 24 hours to give an answer. I confirmed the acceptance of the offer within this period to then receive a call 2 hours later stating the offer had been retracted as i had requested 2 days to confirm logistics and i wasn't excited enough to have accepted the offer instantly. I've never heard anything so ridiculous. A lucky escape for me it seems.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (Nottingham, England).

Interview

Kept waiting 30 minutes past my interview time with no apology. During the time I was waiting, there was a constant stream of employees going outside to smoke, I counted 50 at one point! This was mid afternoon. Majority seem to be straight out of university which shouldn't be a surprise as there are two universities virtually in the doorstep.. Mediocre interview and can't say I was inspired to really want to work there after that! On the positive, easy to get via public transport (tram) and right in the City centre

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (Wimbledon, England) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process initially moved swiftly from being invited to a first interview to an invite to a second interview (at very short notice) within a few days. I was given a holding response that they would get back to me to let me know the outcome 10 days later and since then, which is 5 weeks later, I have heard nothing. I have sent emails requesting a response and have not been answered.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were standard and probed on motivation for the role and situational competency questions.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Domestic & General Group (Nottingham, England) in October 2016.

Interview

An hour long. It was a group interview. In 3 parts. First is a group assessed exercise. Followed by a one to one interview with different team leaders (in the same Rome). Followed by another one to one interview with a different team leader (in the same room)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.