Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions

Interviews at Dun & Bradstreet

2.8

PHP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the position and then the recruiter(also an intern) gives a call and ask basic HR questions and availability. Then I was called onsite at their office in Malibu and interviewed for 1 hour approximately with the hiring manager. After the interview was shown the office space and how the employees work. Few days later some other HR person e-mails and says that I have not been selected.

Interview Questions

• 1) Rate yourself on some languages which hiring manager has shortlisted.
      2) What is stack, queue, heap, tree? How will you explain these concept to 5 yr old?
      3) SQL queries, joins.
      4) 2 programming questions - insert elements in array based on some comparison, other I don't remember.   1 Answer

PHP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 hour interview process with couple of technical rounds and one manager+HR round. The technical rounds involved some coding challenges and manager round was more about the technical aspects of the products and the overall tech team.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they asked me was to implement Elevator functionality considering all the parameters that go in the implementation   Answer Question

Java Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone interview in which they briefly asked me about questions about my resume. Then I was given a coding challenge. I had 3 days to solve. I had to design and implement the parking lot system in Java. After that I had a 1 hour long skype interview where I was asked detailed questions about my resume. They also asked me to solve a simple problem on Coderpad.

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Candidates are found using an outsourced vendor/ recruiter. Starts off with the standard telephone interview before being brought in. From what I have seen, most candidates end up meeting with 3-4 people on their first round and then brought in to meet with another 2-3 if they make the first cut. Each interviewer usually agrees before going in to focus on one core area (i.e Leadership ) Standard check off list is use by all to review after interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation or a project that went wrong and what you did.   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Questions

• None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I had a good conversation with the recruiter on the phone but when I came in for the interview it was painful. They looked down their nose at me the whole time; one guy was outright snotty with me over the fact that I was looking for a new job while still working at my current place. The other questions revolved around stumping me over the stuff that I said upfront that I didn't have experience with, and some were just kind of odd and threw me off because I didn't know what he was fishing for.

It's never fun to have a bad interview, but I really came away thinking I'd hate to have these people as coworkers. I usually interview really well, too, and ended up with a couple of offers from other places, but I just got a bad vibe off them and would have been hesitant to accept if I did get an offer through some miracle. The entire thing was awkward and uncomfortable. I've never had an interview where the people showed obvious disdain for me before; it was like they decided they hated me before I even set foot in the place. It's was for the software part of their business, and I think they're trying to give the impression of having a culture like a modern tech company, but the atmosphere was like how I imagine IBM in 1983. Definitely not what I'm looking for in a software company.

Interview Questions

• What's interesting about an API? (Phrased exactly like that.)   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Met with three separate employees who each asked a set of questions. The process was pretty easy. I was called back for a second interview which was with the CEO. Another potential employee and I both did the interview with the CEO at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on a team before? What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in August 2013.

Interview

After two phone calls with HR consisting of basic questioning about my college classes and previous work experience they asked me to come into the office to meet with the team. I met with two marketing managers and the marketing director. The in person interview lasted about an hour. The interview was fairly relaxed and was an open discussion about the company and the position. After getting to know me, the managers suggested I was better fit for the content management internship. After agreeing that this was a good direction to proceed, I left the office waiting to hear a response. The next day I received a call offering me the position and a start day as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is one project or experience that you are proud of your participation in?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Waltham, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. After filling out an online form, I had a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the team lead for the CSRs. After this the recruiter followed up with me and invited me to an in-person interview in their office.
    The in-person interview was long. I spoke to four different people, all of whom were connected to the CSR role to some degree. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and I finished my interview with a follow up with the recruiter. I asked when I would expect to hear a decision and was told in one week.
    It's been about three weeks since then and I have yet to hear anything from the team. I was eager to hear about their decision but ultimately chose to accept another offer while I was waiting. This was a little disappointing considering how communicative they had been during the application and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of a time you went above and beyond to help a client out; Do you know how to use pivot tables; What's a challenging situation you've been in and how did you deal with it; etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Employee referral took about 1 month total.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.