Eli Lilly and Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Eli Lilly and Company Interview Questions

Updated 4 Dec 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

Almost all of the questions were regarding to sales, such as your sales experience, how you can relate to experience to Lilly, and other questions that directly ask about your sales leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Have lots of sales experience examples and how it relates to Lilly.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

They do their due diligence. The interview could take a few weeks, between the phone interview, and phone screen, personality quiz, and the in person interviews. In the end it is completely worth it.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Bloomington, IN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 minutes with 2 Lilly employees. They both held different positions, but were in the corporate finance / financial planning sector. Overall relaxed and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to respond to a situation with little time to think or prepare.   1 Answer

Dermatology Sales Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was really great to work with, she shared information with me before and after the interview. The interview was the hiring manager and a trainer. They were both extremely professional and I enjoyed the interview. The hiring manager followed up with me the next business day to share my status, which I appreciated.

Manufacturing Scientist Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company in October 2017.

Interview

I met with recruiters at a career fair on campus. I later applied through a campus recruiting website and was contacted for an on campus interview. The campus interview focused on behavioral questions--some of which I found challenging. I was later sent a computer generated email notifying me I would not be moving forward. Fun fact: 2 days after they rejected me they sent an email to me about how they are a top scientific employer-- very strange company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you came across a rule you didn't agree with or found unfair. How did you address the issue and how did you go about getting the rule changed?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

Online Assessment, followed by a phone screening followed by a in person interview. The online assessment needs to be passed in order to be considered for a phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What qualities do you think make a successful sales rep? Salary?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

Initial screening took awhile. The interview was a single skype conversation. Received an offer a couple of weeks after that. Lilly had a really great recruiter who was very active throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with ambiguity.   Answer Question

Manufacturing and Quality Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to a career fair and then got an interview. There were 2 interviewers and were both very friendly. One was typing the entire time but still was involved with asking questions. It was 45 minutes but went very quickly. They gave me 10 minutes to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What does "excellence" mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to take charge of a situation when no upper management was around   Answer Question

Biochemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

First there is a phone interview and if you are selected, then you are invited for an on-site interview. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. The phone interview only took around 30 minutes while the on-site interview lasted for almost a whole day.

Interview Questions

• Questions were directly related to the job duties and were very technical   Answer Question

Senior Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

The interview questions were fair and professional, mainly drawing on experience and projects described on my CV. The entire interview consisted of several meetings with the PI, other Research Scientists, and Associate Biologists for about half an hour per group/individual.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.