Elsevier Interview Questions

Updated 11 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 271 of over 271 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Elsevier

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

Writing test : how to classify the manuscript Video interview with HR : some easy topics Video interview with Editor : some assumption situations and how will you cope with them.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your positive effect for your friends
    Answer Question

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

They would invite qualified applicants to the second round based on the CV and cover letter. In the second round, you will be first contacted by the HR, and then with the supervisor. Dependent on the job, you may be asked to finish some assigned tasks in the due days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

It was thorough. I met with two people who were very organized and asked lots of questions in a short period of time. They were friendly and the interview was less formal than others I had at publishing companies. They answered all my questions.

Interview Questions
  • Based on what you know about this job, why is it a good fit?

Elsevier

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

Three parts - team processes, pair programming, high level architecture. Before that call with recruiter and quick tech call with hiring manager, no test task. Overall nice and friendly

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier in Apr 2021

Interview

Interviewed by an HR recruiter. Communication was very stiff with very rote questions. It almost seemed robotic? Like she was just reading a script. She also repeated my name with almost every question she asked. I did not receive an offer because the salary range for a Production Associate (copyeditor) should be much higher than the $40,000 they are offering. And this was the high range for the position. I told her as much and directed her to salary sources for similar work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

I submitted directly to an ad. The recruiter (who doesn't work directly for Elsevier) then reached out to schedule a screening call. These notes were passed on to the hiring manager. I had a good call with the hiring manager and then was ghosted. It reflects poorly on Elsevier for the recruiter to not respond or at the very least to not receive the boilerplate that they have decided to go with the other candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

There was an online assessment with a bunch of logic questions . Then there was a short call with behavioral questions, followed by a technical interview at a later date.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a major project or feature that you worked on that you are proud of.
2 people found this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

Applied online and then received a standard reject from HR. However, in the email they thanked me for the time to talk to them which is not true. HR not very bright if they cannot use the correct template.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing, they said they talked to me which they clearly didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Chennai) in Feb 2021

Interview

It was a very long and convoluted interview process which could've definitely been streamlined, especially for the non technical roles. The entire process took around 3 months. It started with being contacted by the recruiter to figure out a bit more about my background. Once that was over, she called for a short phone screening interview, where she asked a few general questions such as what TV show I'd watched most recently. Once I cleared that, they assigned an online assessment which consisted of a few essay writing assignments and a few other assesments testing out our grammar and spelling/aptitude skills. After successfully clearing the online test, they'll commence the rounds of remote interviews with their senior employees sitting in their UK branch. These interviews take forever to get scheduled, and they take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to get back to you after each round. I cleared the first interview round, and got scheduled for a second round with their hiring managers. Didn't hear back from them for over three weeks, after which I asked the HR team about the status, only to hear that I didn't make it past the final round. I felt it was very unprofessional of them to keep me hanging in this manner, especially for a candidate who'd been interviewing with them for months. I also reached out to them for feedback about the final interview, but they stopped replying to me after the rejection email.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier in Feb 2021

Interview

15 minute phone interview on asking job particular. Second stage involves completing some assigned tasks in relation to scientific article literature review, concerning how these articles would enhance the journal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

After applying with my CV and motivation letter, I was called for a phone interview. At the end of the call, I was told that the interview went very good at their end and that I would be contacted within a week for an interview with the manager. Since I wasn't contacted that week, I called and sent emails to ask about the progress of my application, but I couldn't get any answer. Only after around two months, I got a generic email saying that they viewed my application and decided to go on with other candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 271 Interviews