Elsevier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Elsevier

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Client Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Easy questions and friendly atmosphere. Questions were standard questions and nothing too difficult. The process had three rounds of interviews and 2 rounds of phone interviews. All were very kind and easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Maryland Heights, MO (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and completed a phone interview two weeks later. After a second phone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was my first interview in a few years, but I did my best. I did not receive any communication from the company to let me know that I didn’t get the job. I had to assume that was the case after not hearing from them.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about my resume and experience.   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Maryland Heights, MO (US)).

Interview

Extremely long process with severe lack of communication throughout. I applied for a position and was invited for a phone interview a month later. Then I had an in person interview and it took a few weeks and me reaching out to them multiple times to find out they ended up hired internally. I respect a company that hires from within, but not a company who doesn’t communicate that to an external candidate who is waiting for a response. It’s a lack of common courtesy and I was disappointed to experience that after an otherwise ok interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your most successful marketing projects.   Answer Question

15 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your review. This is not the kind of experience that we want our candidates to have. We strive to create a great candidate experience, which includes speedy communication. We have... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

1) Received initial call from HR.
    2) Received follow up call from HR, indicating interest in interviewing.
    3) Received unscheduled phone screen call from developers on team. HR had scheduled internally, but not with me
    4) Did technical phone screen.
    5) Didn't hear anything for three weeks. Contacted person who recommended I apply, and then heard from manager that they wished to schedule an onsite interview.
    6) Prior to onsite, asked to complete online intelligence assessment - patterns, problem solving. Also, provided with code sample and asked to provide a written critique.
    7) Did onsite interview, lasted 2.5 hours. Included pair programming task. They assured me I'd hear back within 7 days.
    8) Did not hear back for 2.5 weeks, reached out again for final answer. Manager complained that he told HR to relay their decision to me. I was told I was not a good fit for their "team culture".

Interview Questions

• General interogration about Test Driven Development, Agile Processes, and finally, an hour long Paired Programming task.   Answer Question

15 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Firstly, thank you for applying to work with us at Elsevier. This is not the experience that we want our candidates to have. We appreciate the effort and time spent during the recruiting process. We... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier in October 2015.

Interview

Interview by panel. They gathered 13 people in a room and started firing out technical questions. It was kinda fun. Nothing special stuck out. It was just the team and two managers being casual.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is dependency Injection   1 Answer

23 Jul 2018 – Elsevier Rep

Thanks for your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A recruiter called me out of random at night and left a message. I attempted to call back multiple times and left messages. He never got back to me and ignored my message.

19 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you didn’t get a response from the appropriate HR representative. We will share this with our recruitment team to see how we can work together to... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The day after I applied online for the position, I received an email from one of their Talent Acquisition managers. We agreed on a time for the first round phone interview. The completion of an online logic exam was required before the in-person interview. He was extremely pleasant and the interview went well (it was not technical, more about me, my studies, etc). He gave me two days to choose from for an in-person interview day at the Philly office. The interview day was long, but exciting. It was about 14 other candidates. We were given a topic for oral presentations about a week before the in-person interview. The day involved oral presentations, lunch, a tour, multiple interviews (at least 3 and the option to stay for optional interviews afterwards, none were group interviews), and some general conversation. Everyone was very welcoming. Some of the interviews were technical, some weren't. The next day, I got the call with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What data structures do you know (was asked to describe them)? What IDE do you use? Write simple programs (in my case, Java).   1 Answer

20 Aug 2018 – Elsevier Rep

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview was a 3.5 hour long ordeal, involving questions and a live programming test. The manager that interviewed me was informative and seemed like he would be good to work for, The engineer that tested me was amazing, he had a great personality, was knowledgeable, and he would be a great team mate. When telling the hiring manager about another offer, instead of trying to talk up Elsevier, they spent the whole time trashing the other company. It made my decision easy. This could be a great opportunity for the right person.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

15 Mar 2019 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your review.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

3 steps - phone screen (behavioral), phone screen (technical), In-person (both technical and behavioral). Overall a good experience and not so formal. When I was interviewing they were on hiring spree and in middle of releases so I was made to wait for in-person after I had arrived, but that wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

19 Sep 2018 – Elsevier Rep

Thank you for leaving a review.

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elsevier (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied and got a call within a week. I then panel interviewed with the potential manager, director, and potential co-worker. Interview was pretty easy. Describe my job history and how I would fit in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiation just that they wouldn't go over a certain amount.

20 Aug 2018 – Elsevier Rep

Thank you for your review.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.