Elsevier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Apr 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier in May 2016.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly. I was basically asked to explain some of my experience that I had on my resume. I was also asked to explain a little about myself and my interests.

Interview Questions

• Explain your exprience with __________? (It was a project in relation to the job)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

They made an appointment for an interview and said they would call me, but apparently I needed to call them. He asked why I went to the particular University I went to and I why I choose my major. He then invited me to take a test containing simple math, rotating letters, and other simple logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Here is the letter A, rotate it 90 degrees ccw, what do you get?   Answer Question

Entry Level Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Pretty smooth process overall. Got a call a few days after I applied on LinkedIn saying they were interested in bringing me into the Philadelphia office for an all-day interview. Pretty extensive testing; had to take an IQ test, present, and interview with several people as well as a logic challenge. Despite the large amount of content, the questions being asked were pretty simple and conversational.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Maryland Heights, MO (US)).

Interview

Extremely long process with severe lack of communication throughout. I applied for a position and was invited for a phone interview a month later. Then I had an in person interview and it took a few weeks and me reaching out to them multiple times to find out they ended up hired internally. I respect a company that hires from within, but not a company who doesn’t communicate that to an external candidate who is waiting for a response. It’s a lack of common courtesy and I was disappointed to experience that after an otherwise ok interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your most successful marketing projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

3 steps - phone screen (behavioral), phone screen (technical), In-person (both technical and behavioral). Overall a good experience and not so formal. When I was interviewing they were on hiring spree and in middle of releases so I was made to wait for in-person after I had arrived, but that wasn't too bad.

Journal Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

The HR representative, hiring manager, and potential co-worker were all very knowledgeable, professional, and amenable. One would think that after 4 separate rounds of the interview process candidates who were chosen earned the courtesy of some kind of “thanks-but-no-thanks” communication.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and well managed. I applied to the position, emailed the hiring manager and within a few days heard back. After a phone interview a couple of weeks later, I heard back with scheduling an in person interview. They have been very transparent and have kept a good line of communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick the major that you chose to study in college?   1 Answer

Entry-level Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Overall the interview process went smoothly. I applied through glassdoor and heard back shortly after from the hiring manager. The second round of interviews was a month later. The people at Elsevier was very warm and welcoming. The day consisted of interviews, a presentation, and a team challenge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose the major you wanted to study?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I was invited in to speak with the hiring manager. Before we started, he gave me a tour of the office space and talked about Elsevier's culture. The interview itself was a great conversation with a lot of back and forth about what they were looking for and what I was looking for. I came back for second and third interviews with other members of the team, and they were similar.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

Met with 2 potential managers and department head, also took a brief editing test. If you have the right experience and interview well, this is a straightforward process--no tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Past experience in publishing, including production editing, scheduling, manufacturing   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Was contacted within a couple weeks after applying to online job listing, did an HR phone screen interview and was invited to come to in person interviews with the potential future team members. All seemed to go well and communication was adequate but after the in-person interviews they stopped communicating at all. I politely followed up once and with no response stopped doing so. At that stage of the interview process and at this stage in my career I just found the "ghosting" approach highly unprofessional. Have the professional courtesy to follow up even if the fit isn't right - seasoned professionals would rather hear no than nothing.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral interview questions about how I have handled certain situations: challenging stakeholders, background in project management and how I would apply it to specific situations they are facing.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.