Elsevier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Elsevier

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Client Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Easy questions and friendly atmosphere. Questions were standard questions and nothing too difficult. The process had three rounds of interviews and 2 rounds of phone interviews. All were very kind and easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Elsevier Response

11 Dec 2019 – Elsevier Rep

Thank you for your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Starts off with a phone call then a iq test. Completed a web seminar that described the company. Was Waiting for final round then was told that company was no longer hiring for jobs location.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The recruiters have no idea what they are doing. Really bad attitude and even worse tone. They don't respect time and didn't call on scheduled time. Don't work for this company. With all the fallback from universities these people have not learnt their lesson.

Associate Journal Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

There was a lot of lag time between initial interview with recruiter and subsequent interview with hiring manager, but everyone was a pleasure to speak with and very enthusiastic about the company. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their role at the company and it was an overall positive interview experience, though long. I wish there was more communication between interviews.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview includes the background check and behavior questions. It takes 30 minutes. The interviewer said there will be case interview. He's very patient and glad to offer you feedback.

Senior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn because I saw the job post there. Shortly after I received a call from one of their recruiters, then we scheduled a technical phone interview with one of their engineers. This first technical interview was rather easy going and very pleasant. The next round was an onsite interview with two engineers, one of them was the one I had the phone interview with. A couple of days after the on site interview I received an email message from the recruiter notifying me that they won't be moving forward with my application. I asked for feedback but I was ignored. My advise is to avoid Elsevier, they seem to be kind and professional but the reality is different.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked several questions about Hibernate, specially compared against Spring Data; also questions about WebServices, basic REACT and DB performance using JOINS. The second interviewer, who was bluffing most of the time, asked me to describe my previous position, and he asked basic WebServices questions as well.   Answer Question

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Maryland Heights, MO (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

In order: Recruiter, hiring manager, case study, VP, in person with the team members. Some interviews were challenging due to the analysis but nothing that preparation cannot overcome. They were looking for someone who was comfortable with ambiguity and an analytical mindset that can work with vast amounts of data.

Design Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

BEWARE:
    1) Recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn regarding the position
    2) Recruiter invited me to formally apply online
    3) Started that process
    4) Before I finished the online application I got a cold call from the recruiter (3 consecutive calls before I picked up) - Did the phone-screening live
    5) Contacted by Human Resources Rep to complete both Adobe Illustrator & Indesign tests (2 weeks to complete).
    Conclusion:
    The tests were quite extensive considering not having had a formal conversation with the hiring manager as of yet. And frankly the return on this investment was unjust as I received no feedback on my results. Rather a polite we moved ahead with someone else. My email to the Rep asking for any constructive criticism or feedback regarding my qualifications/ test assessment results were never answered. I believe that a review of my portfolio could have supplemented these test assessments.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Maryland Heights, MO (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and completed a phone interview two weeks later. After a second phone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was my first interview in a few years, but I did my best. I did not receive any communication from the company to let me know that I didn’t get the job. I had to assume that was the case after not hearing from them.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about my resume and experience.   1 Answer

Tech Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

First interview was phone behavioral interview, second was onsite interview in Philly. Gave presentation on tech topic that was interesting to us, then we spoke with prospective bosses. It was not very lengthy or stressful.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.